Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #41
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,385 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Why cut Hampton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
no body is ever going to convince me that Woodley is our best LB. he's better than Foote, but not this year.
I'm not convinced anymore of Woodley - as a fan, he needs to show me a lot more pressure than what he's generating

i don't want to here any more coverage assignment bull - I've seen enough of where he was supposed to apply pressure and has gotten absolutely no push - he seems extremely slow and weak in comparison to what he has done in the past

He also needs to work on something on than just trying to rush in a straight line or go around - it doesn't work

A coach being that outspoken about his conditioning habits says a lot
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #42
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Well, he's not under contract, so we can't cut him.

But he's also not good enough to bring back. He rarely commands double teams anymore and loses his feet too much.

He's done, in other words.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #43
Rotorhead
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

You all do recall Hamp was recovering from an ACL injury most of the season right? Just like Harrison was recovering from a knee injury. It is possible they both were finally healthy the last few games and it had nothing to do with "playing back into game shape". I am not saying keep or cut anyone, just bringing up a valid point which seems to be missed in this thread.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #44
The_Joker
Living Legend

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 2,134 Times in 1,126 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
You all do recall Hamp was recovering from an ACL injury most of the season right? Just like Harrison was recovering from a knee injury. It is possible they both were finally healthy the last few games and it had nothing to do with "playing back into game shape". I am not saying keep or cut anyone, just bringing up a valid point which seems to be missed in this thread.
Thanks for giving the "Pro-Veteran" camp more fuel
Old 01-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #45
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,589 Times in 1,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Its a good point. I just think we have to choose to spend wisely on the players we have on the roster and I think we have more younger guys waiting to clog up the middle of the field at NT....than we have guys at OLB prepared to pressure the QB.

I'd let Hampton go and focus on restructuring Harrison and extending contracts to Lewis, Ramon Foster and Dwyer.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #46
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Its a good point. I just think we have to choose to spend wisely on the players we have on the roster and I think we have more younger guys waiting to clog up the middle of the field at NT....than we have guys at OLB prepared to pressure the QB.

I'd let Hampton go and focus on restructuring Harrison and extending contracts to Lewis, Ramon Foster and Dwyer.
Yeah, if this team lets Lewis and Wallace walk for Keisel, Hampton, Foote, etc., it's setting up for a long stretch of bad seasons. These guys are on their last legs and declining, Lewis and Wallace are in the primes, primes that will hopefully not be spent on AFC competitors to the Steelers.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #47
The_Joker
Living Legend

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 2,134 Times in 1,126 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
Yeah, if this team lets Lewis and Wallace walk for Keisel, Hampton, Foote, etc., it's setting up for a long stretch of bad seasons. These guys are on their last legs and declining, Lewis and Wallace are in the primes, primes that will hopefully not be spent on AFC competitors to the Steelers.
Keisel is still under contract. Keep Lewis at all costs, and Wallace if the money is right. But we also need to restructure our vets, NOT get rid of them all.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #48
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111

It all boils down to two words, "NO PRESSURE".
We aint getting no pressure on their QB's, so its time to fix that problem.
They've fattened their bank accounts and bellies, so its time for some new faces.
I get hooked on seeing the same faces in the line-up and hate it when one has been released, but I get over it and the seasons keep on coming when they are gone.
WVABE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #49
Steeler7BR
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24703

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVABE View Post
It all boils down to two words, "NO PRESSURE".
We aint getting no pressure on their QB's, so its time to fix that problem.
They've fattened their bank accounts and bellies, so its time for some new faces.
I get hooked on seeing the same faces in the line-up and hate it when one has been released, but I get over it and the seasons keep on coming when they are gone.
Just happy you ain't our GM. We have one not that good year pressure waise and you will overwhole our whole team and "fix" everything with new faces. Their goes our identity. I agree we can't leave everything the way it is but because of age. When I think of next season having a healthy James Harrison und Lamarr Woodley the pressure problem is solved. Till they prove me wrong and they didn't disappoint me a lot since they're here. We should look at the future and draft somebody at OLB but as far as I concern we have a very good team going into next year. That can create pressure!!!
Steeler7BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #50
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24256

hampton hasnt earnede his paycheck the last 3 years.
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote