Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-18-2005, 12:41 PM   #11
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292
Default Re: pittsburgh history(you guys weren't always great)

Alright, 1st...I didn't see your post with the point...I am at work trying to do a million things and so it takes me longer to get my posts out there. Ok...first off, don't under estimate me becasue I am a female. My dad always said he got the best of both worlds...a girlie girl that when it comes to football can make a complete 360 and if needed turn into a fiesty little bitch. My dad raised me to know the game, to love the Steelers, and if I am going to debate with someone-to back up what I am saying with facts! I love debating football, and always will! The reason I get so into Bengals debates...is it hits closer to home for me. I live in a city that is surrrounded by fair whether Bengal fans; for the past 2 years...I have got into fights with my x over the Bengals and Steelers (one of the reasons he is my X-he was just plain stupid about it). Most Steeler fans don't know how the Bengal fans really act and for a team that's best 2 seasons since 1990...your fans talk more shit than anyone in the NFL. (and just to clearify...I'm not saying all Bengal fans...but a good 80% of them).

Oh yah...and for the record our last title was in the 79 season when Montana was a rookie and they finished with a 2-14 record. Don't think they had any chance of being there vs. us. If you meant that the Steelers of the 70s would have lost to the 49ers of the 80s...maybe, but we will never know (and all we have to go on is the "Match-up of the Millenium" which the steelers won!!!) But really it is just a matter of opinion and we obviously have different ones!
Old 06-18-2005, 12:47 PM   #12
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7
Alright, 1st...I didn't see your post with the point...I am at work trying to do a million things and so it takes me longer to get my posts out there. Ok...first off, don't under estimate me becasue I am a female. My dad always said he got the best of both worlds...a girlie girl that when it comes to football can make a complete 360 and if needed turn into a fiesty little bitch. My dad raised me to know the game, to love the Steelers, and if I am going to debate with someone-to back up what I am saying with facts! I love debating football, and always will! The reason I get so into Bengals debates...is it hits closer to home for me. I live in a city that is surrrounded by fair whether Bengal fans; for the past 2 years...I have got into fights with my x over the Bengals and Steelers (one of the reasons he is my X-he was just plain stupid about it). Most Steeler fans don't know how the Bengal fans really act and for a team that's best 2 seasons since 1990...your fans talk more shit than anyone in the NFL. (and just to clearify...I'm not saying all Bengal fans...but a good 80% of them).

Oh yah...and for the record our last title was in the 79 season when Montana was a rookie and they finished with a 2-14 record. Don't think they had any chance of being there vs. us. If you meant that the Steelers of the 70s would have lost to the 49ers of the 80s...maybe, but we will never know (and all we have to go on is the "Match-up of the Millenium" which the steelers won!!!) But really it is just a matter of opinion and we obviously have different ones!
I was not underestimating you bc your a female, I think it is great I am one of those guys who love it when woman enjoy football, as far as the talkin shit thing I agree with you but thats any team, Hell the browns fans are talking crap.
If I lived in a city other then Cincinnati I would go crazy trying to live as a Bengals fan, and yes I was refering to the 70's steelers and the 80's 49ers.
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 12:52 PM   #13
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Know this.. the Steelers dynasty of the 70's is regarded as the Best teams in the history of the league. And no thats not just me talking. When you analyze the players, the games, the competition, the coaching, everything ( and yes there has been studies done on it). There's nobody that could compete with us. Hell I'd be nervous about putting the team we have today up against the Steel Curtain!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 12:54 PM   #14
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Know this.. the Steelers dynasty of the 70's is regarded as the Best teams in the history of the league. And no thats not just me talking. When you analyze the players, the games, the competition, the coaching, everything ( and yes there has been studies done on it). There's nobody that could compete with us. Hell I'd be nervous about putting the team we have today up against the Steel Curtain!
I agree I have watched the clips on espn classic they were awesome, I won't and can't deny that.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:06 PM   #15
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
I was not underestimating you bc your a female, I think it is great I am one of those guys who love it when woman enjoy football, as far as the talkin shit thing I agree with you but thats any team, Hell the browns fans are talking crap.
If I lived in a city other then Cincinnati I would go crazy trying to live as a Bengals fan, and yes I was refering to the 70's steelers and the 80's 49ers.
Ok, well thank you for clearing all of that up for me!!! :) and yes...I can agree that all teams have fans that talk crap...esp. the Stains...but since I live near Cincy, I hear it more from your fans than anyone else (the Browns fans that I know...seem to be laying low right now)! Not to mention I go to the see the Steelers in Cincy every year...and WOW, every time I end up standing next tto the biggest idiots in the entire place. So that may have some bearing as to why I feel the way I do about most Bengal fans! But to be fair...I have met some wonderful Bengal fans that have every right to be happy and excited about their teams progress the past couple of year!
Old 06-18-2005, 01:15 PM   #16
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

Cinci's only claim to fame is the "Ickey Shuffle"...LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL. Bengals have never been great. Please from now on, will you Bengal fans have a point or at least sound somewhat intelligent saying it?

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 01:19 PM   #17
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7
:
Ok, well thank you for clearing all of that up for me!!! :) and yes...I can agree that all teams have fans that talk crap...esp. the Stains...but since I live near Cincy, I hear it more from your fans than anyone else (the Browns fans that I know...seem to be laying low right now)! Not to mention I go to the see the Steelers in Cincy every year...and WOW, every time I end up standing next tto the biggest idiots in the entire place. So that may have some bearing as to why I feel the way I do about most Bengal fans! But to be fair...I have met some wonderful Bengal fans that have every right to be happy and excited about their teams progress the past couple of year!
No problem..... Well you gotta think when you come here your coming to a "rival" game and ppl get out of hand, I personally am too drunk by the time the games start to do anything except cheer and scream with everyone else.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:20 PM   #18
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

Hang in there Bengals fan, you're dead on. These Steeler people think their the cats a__ just because they won for a few years 30 years ago. They have been telling me how bad the Patriots have been over the years ever since I got in here. The Steelers were no better most of the time.

Further more, it aint that hard to keep a team going when you can pay your players any amount you want. They couldn't have kept that team together the way it is now. But the Steelers will be living on past glories for the rest of their teams history. Twenty years fron now the only thing they'll have to talk about was those great teams in the 70s. Where as we'll be talking about how the Patriots won 6 of the first 10 super bowls in the 21st century.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 01:21 PM   #19
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertIsGod58
Cinci's only claim to fame is the "Ickey Shuffle"...LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL. Bengals have never been great. Please from now on, will you Bengal fans have a point or at least sound somewhat intelligent saying it?
This thread was just starting to become cival and you had to go mess it up, now I am going to have to say something I might regret. Your just mad you didn't have the Ickey Shuffle.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:23 PM   #20
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
Hang in there Bengals fan, you're dead on. These Steeler people think their the cats a__ just because they won for a few years 30 years ago. They have been telling me how bad the Patriots have been over the years ever since I got in here. The Steelers were no better most of the time.

Further more, it aint that hard to keep a team going when you can pay your players any amount you want. They couldn't have kept that team together the way it is now. But the Steelers will be living on past glories for the rest of their teams history. Twenty years fron now the only thing they'll have to talk about was those great teams in the 70s. Where as we'll be talking about how the Patriots won 6 of the first 10 super bowls in the 21st century.
Now you knoe the patriots are going to start falling apart, they have lost so much over the off season, and every "dynasty" (i hate calling them that) falls apart.