Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-12-2013, 10:58 PM   #61
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211
Default Re: The Steelers play scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
No thanks, I already had my fill of the 2012 Steelers not winning anything thanks to Ben.
So let me get all of this straight:

Ben sucks because he can't bail the Steelers out from Marty ball every time.

Denver's defense ranking #2 doesn't mean anything, but the Steelers defense ranking #1 means it's a great defense.

Hey, even Artie said the defense needs more sacks and turnovers. Is he an Arians lover now?

Really, quit while you're ahead buddy.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #62
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
The Steelers "#1 defense" meant jack shit today as well.

Manning had his 31st ranked defense carry him to a championship and then his 2 RBs carry him during the SB (yet HE won MVP because he's the media boy). Don't give me his defense sucked. His special teams scored 14 points for him. He's a choke artist. He's been 1 and done 8 times in his career.
And where would our hero be without Lebeau's Defense to bail him out time and time again?

Manning wins a SB thanks to his Defense = Manning is a Choke Artist.

Ben wins Super Bowls thanks to his Defense = Ben is an Elite Championship Quarterback.

Manning at least does what he can to lead his team to the postseason, even if he eventually sucks. Ben can't do better than 9-7 and 8-8. The Steelers Defense has to go above and beyond to save his ass. They have to play lights out for Ben to even have a chance. Not only do they have to stop the other team, they have to turn the ball over and score as well.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Edman For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-13-2013)
Old 01-12-2013, 11:04 PM   #63
GoFor7
Banned

Quote:
And where would our hero be without Lebeau's Defense to bail him out time and time again?

Manning wins a SB thanks to his Defense = Manning is a Choke Artist.

Ben wins Super Bowls thanks to his Defense = Ben is an Elite Championship Quarterback.

Manning at least does what he can to lead his team to the postseason, even if he eventually sucks. Ben can't do better than 9-7 and 8-8. The Steelers Defense has to go above and beyond to save his ass. They have to play lights out for Ben to even have a chance. Not only do they have to stop the other team, they have to turn the ball over and score as well.
Larry Fitz is still running after catching that pass from Warner....
Old 01-12-2013, 11:14 PM   #64
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
So let me get all of this straight:

Ben sucks because he can't bail the Steelers out from Marty ball every time.

Denver's defense ranking #2 doesn't mean anything, but the Steelers defense ranking #1 means it's a great defense.

Hey, even Artie said the defense needs more sacks and turnovers. Is he an Arians lover now?

Really, quit while you're ahead buddy.
No, Ben stunk because he played like hot garbage down the stretch. The Dallas and Cincinnati games will never go away, no matter who you try to scapegoat, deflect, and "Martyball" names and synonyms you throw around.

I said Denver's D sucked ass in this game. It was your buddy who brought out the dumb statistic to prove they didn't suck. Today proved that it didn't even matter.

The Steelers did not have a great defense in 2012, they did however have a solid enough one, more than enough for an "Elite" guy like Ben to do better than 8-8.

Even then, Artie only supports the argument that Ben simply put just isn't good enough to carry the Steelers through the season and to the postseason like the Best QB's can. The Defense has to pick up the slack for him. The Defense isn't good enough, it has to do EVERYTHING.

Maybe if you keep calling me "Yinzer" and throwing more characterizations around like a coward it'll make you stop being wrong.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Edman For This Useful Post:
cowherpower (01-12-2013), lloydwoodson (01-13-2013)
Old 01-12-2013, 11:27 PM   #65
GoFor7
Banned

Quote:
No, Ben stunk because he played like hot garbage down the stretch. The Dallas and Cincinnati games will never go away, no matter who you try to scapegoat, deflect, and "Martyball" names and synonyms you throw around.
I never said he didn't make bad throws against Dallas or Cincy. My Marty ball criticisms go beyond those two games. Ben spent the first half of the season bailing out Haley on 3rd down. Remember that?

The Steelers try to play the possession game for the first 58 mins, then when that doesn't work, it's BEN HELP!

Let him try and win the game early, then maybe late game dramatics won't be necessary as often.

Quote:
I said Denver's D sucked ass in this game. It was your buddy who brought out the dumb statistic to prove they didn't suck. Today proved that it didn't even matter.

The Steelers did not have a great defense in 2012, they did however have a solid enough one, more than enough for an "Elite" guy like Ben to do better than 8-8.
Did the #1 ranking for the Steelers defense matter against Denver, Oakland, Tennessee, and San Diego? It was the Stat Curtain. No splash plays until it was too late, just a paper defense.

Quote:
Even then, Artie only supports the argument that Ben simply put just isn't good enough to carry the Steelers through the season and to the postseason like the Best QB's can. The Defense has to pick up the slack for him. The Defense isn't good enough, it has to do EVERYTHING.
So it's not a defense's job to force turnovers? The offense has to go 80-90 yards every drive and if they don't score then the QB sucks? You really don't get how dumb you sound right now, do you?

Like I said, stat curtain.

Quote:
Maybe if you keep calling me "Yinzer" and throwing more characterizations around like a coward it'll make you stop being wrong.
Perhaps if you take your head out of the 70's and the Pittsburgh QB hating bandwagon it'll make you stop being wrong.

And Larry Fitz is still running.....
Old 01-13-2013, 03:45 AM   #66
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Did the #1 ranking for the Steelers defense matter against Denver, Oakland, Tennessee, and San Diego? It was the Stat Curtain. No splash plays until it was too late, just a paper defense.
Denver - Defense held second ranked offense to 14 pts going into 4th. In 4th Steelers offense went 3 and out twice and threw a pick 6. Manning had too many possessions and good field position.

Oakland - Steelers D was just bad.

Tennessee - Steelers 3 and out turned into blocked Steelers punt turned into 1st and goal from the 1. Steelers defense actually only gave up 19 points.

San Diego - 17 SD points scored on drives starting on Steelers 17, 36 and 47 yard line. Steelers had five 3 and outs and a ToD in the first half. Steelers D ended up being on the field for 36 minutes. Ike was out and Keenan was hurt. Only 1 SD drive that started in their own territory made it into the Steelers red zone.

Roethlisberger turned the ball over twice in his own red zone resulting in 14 Charger points. Who really cost the Steelers this game? I know, I know, Ben was handcuffed, they only ran 44 pass plays, 23 minutes TOP doesn't mean anything and when you find yourself in a hole you just have to keep digging.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lloydwoodson For This Useful Post:
Edman (02-26-2013)
Old 01-13-2013, 08:04 AM   #67
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Defense is irrelevant in the new NFL. The Steelers would lose by 30 to these teams anyway, with Mr Dink&Dunk making sure he got his 10 pts while they score 40.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #68
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,043 Times in 550 Posts

Steelers lacked discipline, they lacked focus and they lacked any respect for the game and their coaches. Between Mendenhall being a bitch to Mike Wallace playing like a ***** to not get injured. That, and no true leader on the field. Ben is not a leader and never will be. Guys like Harrison and Troy are doers, they aren't the vocal type. The leader on this team needed to be Tomlin, but instead, he was too busy padding people on the ass telling them good job after mistake after mistake. Losing to the Titans and the Raiders was unacceptable and those two losses had as much to do with a shitty season then Ben playing like an idiot.

So, Tomlin will need to re-evaluate his role in this thing. First thing you can do as an org, is get rid of the cancers. Mendy and Wallace. Sign the young guys and play the young guys who are performing. Sign Lewis, draft a safety can take over when Clark and Troy retire. Pray, for at least one (bleep) year that our offensive line doesn't get injured every other damn play.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #69
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18796

Did you just say Ben was not a leader? Are you sure you have the correct Ben R. ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Steelers lacked discipline, they lacked focus and they lacked any respect for the game and their coaches. Between Mendenhall being a bitch to Mike Wallace playing like a ***** to not get injured. That, and no true leader on the field. Ben is not a leader and never will be. Guys like Harrison and Troy are doers, they aren't the vocal type. The leader on this team needed to be Tomlin, but instead, he was too busy padding people on the ass telling them good job after mistake after mistake. Losing to the Titans and the Raiders was unacceptable and those two losses had as much to do with a shitty season then Ben playing like an idiot.

So, Tomlin will need to re-evaluate his role in this thing. First thing you can do as an org, is get rid of the cancers. Mendy and Wallace. Sign the young guys and play the young guys who are performing. Sign Lewis, draft a safety can take over when Clark and Troy retire. Pray, for at least one (bleep) year that our offensive line doesn't get injured every other damn play.
Twentyvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #70
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

If someone says "New NFL" one more time I am going to lose my mind.

Of the 6 teams alive in the playoffs 4 were in the top 10 in rushing. Ravens were 11th and the Falcons were 29th.

5 of the 6 remaining teams have top 10 scoring defenses- Baltimore is 12th.

There is no "New NFL" there is only an abundance of good quarterbacks. Playoff teams are teams that can play defense and run.

The Steelers have always been a run and stop-the-run football team. That is what I want out of the Steelers. Maybe a lot of people became fans after Superbowl XL I don't know.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote