Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804
Default Jerry Jones is such an idiot. (Rob Ryan)

Rob Ryan reminds me of his obnoxious brother so I don't really like him, but of all the people to fire in Dallas, Ryan is probably last on the list. Dallas' defense was atrocious when he arrived. He improved it. He did his job and would have kept doing it.

Jerry Jones is without question the worst owner in the National Football League, and given organizations like Detroit and others, that's really saying something.

I never thought about it when I was a younger fan, but it's hard for a franchise to overcome bad ownership. You can sometimes win despite it, but won't ever win because of it.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,099 Posts
Default Re: Jerry Jones is such an idiot. (Rob Ryan)

rob ryan sucks.

i bet jerry jones is wishing he had the Son of Bum or mike zimmer back right now.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:43 AM   #3
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458

Honestly, I don't know the reasons why - who knows, maybe Garrett and Ryan just weren't on the same page? Yes, Ryan did a terrific job, especially with all of the injuries this year. But nonetheless he wasn't Garrett's first choice in 2011, so that should tell you something.

With that being said, you've heard of the phrase, the next guy is worse than the previous guy(rinse and repeat).

As for Jerry Jones, he pretty much has given alot of leeway to Garrett to make choices with his team.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:18 AM   #4
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804

Teams like Dallas are why I believe the NFC is by and large an inferior form of football.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:18 AM   #5
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
Teams like Dallas are why I believe the NFC is by and large an inferior form of football.
^ is that why they've won the Super Bowl 4 of the last 5 years? What would the Jaguars say about the AFC?
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:44 AM   #6
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,481 Posts

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescri...n/Default.aspx

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones made his first public comments about the release of defensive coordinator Rob Ryan during a taped interview that aired Wednesday, Calvin Watkins of ESPN Dallas reports.

Jones alluded to two losses -- at Seattle in Week 2 and to Chicago at Cowboys Stadium in Week 4, when Dallas' defense was almost completely healthy -- as part of the reasons why he let Ryan go.

"I didn't like the way we were playing in a lot of cases," Jones said. "I thought we could play better before the injuries, and so I factored that in. It wasn't like we had a lot of injuries out here when we played Chicago. It wasn't like we had a lot of injuries when we played Seattle. I didn't like the way we played there.

"It's not hard for me to go to those games and say what can we do to improve when we played Seattle and when we played Chicago, and I liked the way we played in subsequent games and I know we didn't have the talent level on the field that we had when we played Seattle and Chicago."

Jones was hoping for a much better effort from the defense.

"It's not hard for me to go back there and say, 'OK, we had all of our players out there we had our talent level there,' " Jones said. "That's what we've been saying we didn't have. Now let's evaluate that. When we had all of our talent level, we've got to be able to beat Chicago at home and we've got to be able to go to Seattle and win that game there.

"We know they're formidable. We know Seattle had a good football team and I don't think we underestimated Seattle at all when we played them. But you're going to have to get to where we want to go and you have to go into Seattle and win games in Seattle."

"We certainly do need to not change for change sake," he said. "But basically we need to look at what we're doing. I've heard it even criticized that maybe we shouldn't look at the matchups. We play six games in a 16-game schedule against our division, and we need to be successful in that division. We let Washington beat us twice this year, Philadelphia beat us twice last year -- so all of those things are under our consideration."

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #7
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
Rob Ryan reminds me of his obnoxious brother so I don't really like him, but of all the people to fire in Dallas, Ryan is probably last on the list. Dallas' defense was atrocious when he arrived. He improved it. He did his job and would have kept doing it.

Jerry Jones is without question the worst owner in the National Football League, and given organizations like Detroit and others, that's really saying something.

I never thought about it when I was a younger fan, but it's hard for a franchise to overcome bad ownership. You can sometimes win despite it, but won't ever win because of it.
I'm not going to argue on behalf of Jerry Jones but Rob Ryan has consistently had defenses in the bottom third of the league throughout his career. He is not his brother.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote