Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-12-2013, 02:22 AM   #51
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: Rainey Vs Talamu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
As soon as she said he didn't despite the others who say it. And you immediately called her a bitch. You jumped one way on this. Why?
If you had read the serious posts I made I knew that there was a good chance the whole story was bs. There are two sides to every story and from what was reported worst case scenario was that Rainey open-hand slapped his own girlfriend. I immediately pointed out that this is nobody's business, and that James Harrison and his girlfriend are still together after a similar disputation. I next said that Rainey being fired affects their livelihood as a couple.

What happened next? Rainey's girlfriend says she still wants contact with him and that he shouln't lose his job over this. I called it on both counts.

Instead of reading what I wrote in earnest you got upset because I made a joke after a post about how Rainey seems to have a history of domestic violence and that he needs psychological help. I know a lot of people on this forum have never made mistakes in their lives but I have and I am slow to judge others.

Reading various opinions stating things like Rainey should have gone to police were good for a laugh. Young black men with blemished records who come from trouble childhoods/neighbourhoods do not go to the police. There were a lot of people incapable of empathy making opinions.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lloydwoodson For This Useful Post:
Steeler7BR (01-12-2013)
Old 01-12-2013, 03:50 AM   #52
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
If you had read the serious posts I made I knew that there was a good chance the whole story was bs. There are two sides to every story and from what was reported worst case scenario was that Rainey open-hand slapped his own girlfriend. I immediately pointed out that this is nobody's business, and that James Harrison and his girlfriend are still together after a similar disputation. I next said that Rainey being fired affects their livelihood as a couple.

What happened next? Rainey's girlfriend says she still wants contact with him and that he shouln't lose his job over this. I called it on both counts.

Instead of reading what I wrote in earnest you got upset because I made a joke after a post about how Rainey seems to have a history of domestic violence and that he needs psychological help. I know a lot of people on this forum have never made mistakes in their lives but I have and I am slow to judge others.

Reading various opinions stating things like Rainey should have gone to police were good for a laugh. Young black men with blemished records who come from trouble childhoods/neighbourhoods do not go to the police. There were a lot of people incapable of empathy making opinions.
I said Rainey and Ta'amu need help, in whatever form that may be, doesn't necessarily mean psychological. ( i also said there could be mental health issues, no one on these boards knows for sure) Although I do speak with some experience , as I'm in Law enforcement from corrections side I have read where Rainey's girlfriend has contradicted what Chris has been accused of, but this is a typical response in domestics, the victim often says nothing happened even in the face of possible evidence stating otherwise. I don't know what happened, but we are on a board discussing it as fans. Do I believe Chris needs another chance, yes, do I believe the Steelers had the right to cut him, yes. But with Rainey there is a history of this behavior, no matter how small a history, This will all come out one way or another.

You make vaild points in this and in other threads , but when someone disagrees with you you seem to go a bit on the offensive at times. The joke you made was in bad taste, as you have said it's none of our business but you have weighed in with your opinion just like everybody else on here.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rick5895 For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-12-2013)
Old 01-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #53
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
You make vaild points in this and in other threads , but when someone disagrees with you you seem to go a bit on the offensive at times. The joke you made was in bad taste, as you have said it's none of our business but you have weighed in with your opinion just like everybody else on here.
You know what's in worse taste than a joke? Several posts celebrating a man losing his job for something he didn't do, calling him a "thug" and dismissing him as a deviant abuser of women. I think those responses were in bad taste.

Working in law enforcement doesn't mean you are qualified to determine who needs counselling or psychiatric help- especially when lacking the proper information regarding the incident. You should admit your error. Instead you choose to continue to associate Rainey with domestic violence. There is absolutely no evidence that Rainey has ever struck a woman. None. Furthermore, you explain that a witness is a liar if they explain that Rainey did not strike his girlfriend- a witness is only credible if it fits the narrative of the people who were not there and who have already drawn their conclusions (which were not based on evidence whatsoever).

My opinion was that the incident was none of my business and none of your business.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lloydwoodson For This Useful Post:
Steeler7BR (01-12-2013), zcoop (01-12-2013)
Old 01-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #54
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

I merely pointed out that in domestics often times the victim recants. Read what I said , you are so focused on your own opinion you refuse to see any other point of view. You say I have no knowledge of this incident, you are correct but then niether do you. You need to respect other opinions and experiences instead of trying g to force your own. Never said I was right. Btw. I never said they needed psychiatric help I said there may be some issues but I also said no one on these boards knows the whole story.
You are entitled to your opinion as am I or everyone else. Because we may differ doesn't make either of us right or wrong.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #55
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,312 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Ta'amu's pick, as well.

If nothing else, those two picks could have been packaged, to trade up for Cordy Glenn or Bobby Wagner.

Alas...
I still like the Ta'amu pick. I think he has the ability to be our long term NT and hope that somebody on the team who is in a leadership position like Keisel, Clark, etc takes the kid and helps him grow up. Kind of how Chris Carter did to Randy Moss when he came to the Vikings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Hindsight is 20/20 guys. If you go back and look at who we could have had, you'll drink yourself into a depression. Trust me, we've missed on some guys in the later rounds. Don't go look, though. It's just upsetting.
Its not so much as going back, as those guys I all mentioned are players that I liked going into the draft. I thought Geoge Iloka at safety would have been a more pressing need than a 3rd down scatback like Rainey. McNutt is a good route runner and Criner has some big upside at WR.

I even liked Nate Potter at OT and I dont think he went until the 7th, but still better than somebody that was cast aside like Rainey.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #56
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,312 Posts

Quote:
I merely pointed out that in domestics often times the victim recants. .
Yes, and the victim recants because they are often afraid of the abuser, still have feelings for the abuser or have nowhere to go as an alternative. Friends of mine are cops and often call on the same couple repeatedly for abuse because the woman is too scared to go thru with prosecution and leaving.

Is it possible that Rainey has little man syndrome and likes to beat on women to feel like a tough guy?? Who knows. He's gone now and I hope he gets his life straightened.

Every one of us on this board would pay a price to play NFL football, but guys like this that seemingly throw it away are just puzzling. I feel sorry for them.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #57
Steeler7BR
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24703

Quote:
You say I have no knowledge of this incident, you are correct but then niether do you.
Yeah and exactly that is the reason why nobody should make comments about Rainey abusing woman or things like that. He just pointed out in my eyes correctly that no one should judge him with the knowledge we have. Which is very poorly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Yes, and the victim recants because they are often afraid of the abuser, still have feelings for the abuser or have nowhere to go as an alternative. Friends of mine are cops and often call on the same couple repeatedly for abuse because the woman is too scared to go thru with prosecution and leaving.

Is it possible that Rainey has little man syndrome and likes to beat on women to feel like a tough guy?? Who knows. He's gone now and I hope he gets his life straightened.

Every one of us on this board would pay a price to play NFL football, but guys like this that seemingly throw it away are just puzzling. I feel sorry for them.
Why making this back door comment 'Is it possible that Rainey has little man syndrome and likes to beat on women to feel like a tough guy?? Who knows.' we know nothing and something like that should really be spoken out in a careful way. You have cop friends that have that knowledge ok let us know but why throwing the hint again to Chris. Just so unnecesary.

We really should let out these judging comments about it. Until we know something certain.
Steeler7BR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steeler7BR For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-12-2013)
Old 01-12-2013, 11:27 AM   #58
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 22,788 Times in 9,317 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Hindsight is 20/20 guys. If you go back and look at who we could have had, you'll drink yourself into a depression. Trust me, we've missed on some guys in the later rounds. Don't go look, though. It's just upsetting.
You mean like... 2008.

R1 - Spinny Mendenspin ::: DeSean Jackson

R2 - Limas Sweed ::: Ray Rice

R3 - Bruce Davis ::: Cliff Avril, Jermichael Finley, Mario Manningham, Philip Wheeler

R4: - Tony Hills ::: Carl Nicks

Really though, anyone can go back and make the "right" pick five years later. Missing on picks happens. BUT, what is frustrating is when the pick is a decent player, but "hits/drinks" their way out of football. (Make sense?)
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #59
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 22,788 Times in 9,317 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
I still like the Ta'amu pick. I think he has the ability to be our long term NT and hope that somebody on the team who is in a leadership position like Keisel, Clark, etc takes the kid and helps him grow up. Kind of how Chris Carter did to Randy Moss when he came to the Vikings.
Trust me, I followed Ta'amu in college, and wanted the dude (even, at one point, as early as R1). The kid can play. (His shoulder injury dropped him to R4... making him the steal of that draft.)

As I was saying to SteelersCanada, it is not so much missing on the pick, as seeing good players "hit/drunk/smoke" themselves out of the NFL.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #60
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,399 Times in 2,089 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Since Western PA is the 2nd cloudiest/rainiest place in America next to Seattle, I've decided that they all need to work in mandatory time under a halogen bulb

Maybe they're just so bored and depressed and when the whether is shitty 325 days out of the year, all you got is drinks and hos

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote