Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #461
NSMaster56
Team Owner

Member Number: 23979
Thanked 3,282 Times in 1,519 Posts
Default Re: Pens open against Flyers in Philly?

Personally:

Like to face:
Jets (Scrappy, but in over their heads. They'd just be happy to be in the playoffs.)
Rangers (They're talented, but dysfunctional. They've looked vulnerable since last postseason.)

Not like to face:
Isles (While they're talented offensively, the main fear here are the irrational flash backs to 93.)
Sens (They've defied the odds all year and they nearly beat the #1 seed Rangers last year. They're straight honey badger at this point, which is a dangerous type of team to face in the playoffs...)
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #462
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Pens play at Ottawa tomorrow, if we beat em we might just have them first. They are now tied with the Rangers for 8th.

Rags are getting hot again, don't think Winnipeg can catch them.

Letang might be out again too

Pens injury report:

Evgeni Malkin, who has missed four straight games, did not make the trip to Ottawa with the team and is still day-to-day with an upper-body injury. Kris Letang did not practice on Sunday due to illness and coach Dan Bylsma said he is questionable to play against the Senators

who knows if the Sens are out for bloody revenge or just going after Cooke for his blade cut....

Leafs clinch playoff spot - first time in 9 years - - Canada going into orgasms over new favorite team

Last edited by Fire Haley; 04-22-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:51 AM   #463
Fire Haley
Banned

Marc-André Fleury is not in Ottawa. Wife could give birth soon. Kris Letang not in Ottawa (illness) #penguins #rds

??? Flower snuck one past the goalie.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #464
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Supporter

Member Number: 17947
Thanked 1,716 Times in 661 Posts
My Mood: Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Marc-André Fleury is not in Ottawa. Wife could give birth soon. Kris Letang not in Ottawa (illness) #penguins #rds

??? Flower snuck one past the goalie.
He went five hole.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #465
Fire Haley
Banned

HA!

Recently signed Quinnipiac goalie Eric Hartzell will dress for the first time as back-up.

Now I'm hearing Beau Bennett is out with an upper-body injury, BRING UP THE WHOLE AHL

Everyone's cheering for Pittsburgh today (Jets, Rangers, Leafs, Habs) besides Boston. Hahaha.

A Penguins win puts Ottawa in 8th, Rangers in 7th, Islanders in 6th, and keeps Winnipeg's hopes alive.

oh yeah, puck the Sens

Last edited by Fire Haley; 04-22-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #466
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,138 Times in 3,917 Posts

I think it's funny that the CFL makes the front page of the Ottawa Sun.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #467
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

I see some fights breaking out in tonights game

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #468
Fire Haley
Banned

Wilkes-Barre 3 Ottawa 1

way to go Dustin Jeffrey!

Murray is still the beast master and Cooke delivers the dish for the knock out
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire Haley For This Useful Post:
Lokki (04-23-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 01:17 AM   #469
Fire Haley
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I think it's funny that the CFL makes the front page of the Ottawa Sun.

I think it's funny the Sun's sports writers are obsessed with penises

Why is Pittsburgh Penguins' Matt Cooke so interested in Don Brennan's package?

Matt Cooke was quite focused at Scotiabank Place on Monday morning.

He was focused on that night's game against the Senators. He was focused on helping the Penguins track down the Blackhawks in the overall standings. He was focused on his job as a penalty killer and pest.

Then, after practice, he was focused on the humongous media scrum around his stall in the dressing room.

And he was focused on my package.

Cooke must have read the Ottawa Sun on his way to the rink because something in it clearly had him rattled. And I'm still not sure which part.

After listening to Cooke answer questions about the Feb. 13 incident in which his skate sliced 70% of the way through Erik Karlsson's Achilles tendon, I went to speak with other players in the room about different matters. Like every other reporter there.

On the way out, I found Cooke waiting to have a word in private with me.

He wanted to tell me I have no balls. At first I think he said "small balls." But by the time he had finished, and knew Penguins GM Ray Shero was listening, he had decided I had none. Oh, and I believe he also mumbled something about me having no penis before disappearing into the players-only room, which I found interesting.

I will not take this opportunity to, ahem, brag about my manhood.

Cooke accused me of hiding behind the cameras, which is funny. In scrums that large, none of us scribes can get past the guys shooting video. Besides, what exactly would I be hiding from?

Cooke wanted to know why I didn't ask any questions. It's because I only had one, and somebody beat me to the punch. When Cooke held to his story that the Karlsson injury was a "complete freak accident," I'd heard enough.

Again, I don't think he was aiming for Karlsson's Achilles, but I've watched the replay many times and I'm convinced he was either trying to hurt the Senators best player or he was being careless enough with his boot blade to warrant a suspension.

Anyway, I've stated the opinion many times since the incident, and if that was what angered Cooke, well, he must also be pissed at a number of other people, because on this one, I am not a lone wolf.

My best guess is he was mad I pointed out in Monday's column he has averaged less than two fights per season in his NHL career, which isn't many for a guy that plays on the edge that he does. Maybe Cooke didn't like the way I put it -- that he has only settled scores like a man 20 times in his 14 years -- but again, I don't know.

Other than that, I believe I just reminded everyone this was the first meeting of the two teams since Cooke's Valentine's Day massacre on Karlsson's ankle. I didn't really think any Senators would exact revenge because of the game's importance, and that Cooke wouldn't let them, anyway. I was right.

On Cooke's first shift, with the crowd booing as soon as he hopped over the boards, Chris Neil skated directly to him with an invitation to fight. Naturally, Cooke declined. Before getting back to the bench, he drew an interference penalty on Eric Gryba, probably not so much because it was Cooke, but that the rookie defenceman forgot the rules.

At the whistle, Neil had another long chat with Cooke. And again, Cooke looked like he wanted to be elsewhere.

For much of game's remainder, the only time you remembered he was in the building was when the "Matt Cooke Sucks" chants came from the crowd -- or pretty much every time he was on the ice.

For the record, I kind of like Cooke, even if he isn't as effective as he used to be. He's controversial, which is a good thing. And yeah, he's dirty, but that just means he'll do anything to win. I only wish he'd answer for his actions the way real men who play his game do.

Maybe he should grow a set of his own before worrying about mine.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/04/22/...ennans-package
Old 04-23-2013, 07:30 AM   #470
Fire Haley
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
I see some fights breaking out in tonights game
You were right - just not the ones people expected.

I loved it when Neil got all mad somebody hit him in the corner, then shut up when it was Murray looking down at him

ha ha!

priceless

If Winnipeg beats the Caps tonight they take over the 3rd spot and Washington falls.

Ottawa could fall out, Washington could fall out

oh, the day by day drama now
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire Haley For This Useful Post:
stb_steeler (04-23-2013)