Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #141
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173
Default Re: Broncos/Ravens Playoff Game

So everyone understandably thinks the Pats-Houston game is a formality at this point. Hate to agree but would love to be proven wrong. Question for our Ravens fans though. Who would you rather play? Houston beat you bad but so did these Broncos. You beat Brady but the Pats are famously tough to beat twice in a season too. Sounds like the ultimate Catch-22. I'd probably prefer the Texans though since Schaub isn't anywhere near the big game QB that Brady is.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #142
CTSxViper
Banned

Member Number: 20864

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
I've got GB in that one. I like SF's D more but the difference between the two QBs will make the difference there IMO in the end.
I agree. Definitely a good game. Interception on GB, wow....
CTSxViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #143
CTSxViper
Banned

Quote:
So everyone understandably thinks the Pats-Houston game is a formality at this point. Hate to agree but would love to be proven wrong. Question for our Ravens fans though. Who would you rather play? Houston beat you bad but so did these Broncos. You beat Brady but the Pats are famously tough to beat twice in a season too. Sounds like the ultimate Catch-22. I'd probably prefer the Texans though since Schaub isn't anywhere near the big game QB that Brady is.
Hi, my preference would be the Texans... But we'll see..
Old 01-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #144
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSxViper View Post
Hi, my preference would be the Texans... But we'll see..
Yeah that would be mine too if the Steelers were in your situation. I hope that game is as good as this one was. Need some good football. Blowouts are boring unless you're team is on the winning side of one.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #145
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458

I'm a Dallas fan, but I'm not the world's biggest fan of Baltimore either.(especially after their win at Dallas's TX Stadium finale in 2008, and the nailbiter this year against them as well)

With that being said, looks like we've seen this before - a WC team coming out of nowhere by getting hot at the right time. Give Baltimore credit.

Peyton wasn't the reason the Broncos lost(at least not completely) - the Broncos D gave up over 500 yards on D, which is just as inexcusable.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #146
CTSxViper
Banned

Quote:
Yeah that would be mine too if the Steelers were in your situation. I hope that game is as good as this one was. Need some good football. Blowouts are boring unless you're team is on the winning side of one.
I know you're right. I just hope we can play this good next week. It was very hard and you could see the Ravens defense was tiring. But all the way through it was a excellent game. I know you guys will be back strong next year with Ben fully healed and ready. :)
Old 01-12-2013, 09:45 PM   #147
CTSxViper
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonCarr39 View Post
I'm a Dallas fan, but I'm not the world's biggest fan of Baltimore either.(especially after their win at Dallas's TX Stadium finale in 2008, and the nailbiter this year against them as well)

With that being said, looks like we've seen this before - a WC team coming out of nowhere by getting hot at the right time. Give Baltimore credit.

Peyton wasn't the reason the Broncos lost(at least not completely) - the Broncos D gave up over 500 yards on D, which is just as inexcusable.
Peyton seemed off somewhat tonight, no long throws down the field and not taking many chances when he should have..
Old 01-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #148
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSxViper View Post
Peyton seemed off somewhat tonight, no long throws down the field and not taking many chances when he should have..
For years and years the team with the bye won 80% of the time. It was not only almost a guarantee, but they would win by at least double digits.

In recent years? Nope, the playing field seems to be evened out a bit. And it seems to be a common trend in recent years at least 2 of the bye teams in the divisional round go down.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #149
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,746 Times in 4,797 Posts

The Ravens aren't beating Tom in his house of pain now. The Texans have a better overall team and are arguably better in every single facet of the game, positionally than the Ravens. The Pats are going to win tomorrow, big. So, the Ravens are going against the Pats in Tom's house and are going to get embarrassed. I'm really looking forward to Ray Lewis crying again next week, but only because his career is over at the hands of the Patriots.

They're not going against Eric Decker, Thomas and Tamme next week. Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, Lloyd, Branch and Tom.

Every Ravens fan is going to bring up the fact that they beat them earlier this season, but the Patriots don't lose in their house this time of year - they just don't. Sorry, Ravens fans, the AFC Title game is where John Harbaugh's career will ultimately peak. He'll be the next Andy Reid - 4 AFC title games, no Super Bowl victories and eventually washed up and coaching the Chiefs.

S'ok, we all know it's coming.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #150
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

The Pats may have blown out the Texans last time, but the Texans had a number of critical errors(including penalties early in the game) that costed them.

Now if they can clean up their mistakes from last time, and Wade Phillips making the proper adjustments on D, it could be a different outcome.

BTW - what is it with all of these top seeded teams in all of professional sports making early exits in the playoffs? No, not all of them, but a surprising number of them every year.

Wade Phillips got alot of flack when Dallas the #1 seed in 2007 looked flat against the Giants. But since then, a number of teams have followed the same. Last I checked, Bill Belichick, Jeff Fisher, and Mike McCarthey aren't exactly Wade Phillips.