Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #71
Blacksburg Zach
Team President
Supporter

Super Mario Flash Champion! Ragnarok Champion! Helicopter2 Champion!
Member Number: 24584
Thanked 2,272 Times in 886 Posts
My Mood: Sneaky
Default Re: Peyton Manning throws game-losing INT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I dunno - how about the fact that he was still playing late into a 59-24 blowout, which is when he originally got injured?

No sympathy here.
Injuries are part of the game. Gronkowski could have just as easily been injured on the first snap of the game. He did not break his forearm for playing during a blowout, but because he plays a game in which injuries play a major role. Although I hate the Pats, how can it be considered classless for playing the game, even during a blowout? It 's not his responsibility to stop his team's offense, it's up to the opposing team's defense to stop an offense. To blame his injury on karma is just plain incorrect. With that having been said, I also don't feel sympathetic for his injury, but I feel no sympathy because he chose to play the game of football whilst knowing of the injuries that can, and likely will, result from playing the game. My reasoning for not feeling sympathetic has nothing to do with karma, but because of the physical nature of the game of football that Gronkowski chose to play.
Blacksburg Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:01 PM   #72
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacksburgSteeler13 View Post
Injuries are part of the game. Gronkowski could have just as easily been injured on the first snap of the game. He did not break his forearm for playing during a blowout, but because he plays a game in which injuries play a major role. Although I hate the Pats, how can it be considered classless for playing the game, even during a blowout? It 's not his responsibility to stop his team's offense, it's up to the opposing team's defense to stop an offense. To blame his injury on karma is just plain incorrect. With that having been said, I also don't feel sympathetic for his injury, but I feel no sympathy because he chose to play the game of football whilst knowing of the injuries that can, and likely will, result from playing the game. My reasoning for not feeling sympathetic has nothing to do with karma, but because of the physical nature of the game of football that Gronkowski chose to play.
Quote:
Rob Gronkowski, the New England's star tight end, has been diagnosed with a broken left forearm. Gronkowski was injured while blocking for an extra point on New England's eighth touchdown late in the fourth quarter...
Rationalize it however you wish. They should have been playing the scrubs by then. It's the physicality of the game that you mentioned that is the exact reason why you don't tempt fate in such a manner.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #73
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Patriiots: Everybody was doing it. We gained no advantage.

Common Sense: Everybody got a memo to quit. If it was no advantage then why would a rational person continue to do so when it would result in 500K fine and a draft choice. Something just does not add up.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #74
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,966 Times in 3,375 Posts

whatever their reasons, hope it was worth a tainted legacy
Old 01-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #75
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Rationalize it however you wish. They should have been playing the scrubs by then. It's the physicality of the game that you mentioned that is the exact reason why you don't tempt fate in such a manner.
I'm not a Pats fans, but what coach puts out ALL of their scrubs late in blowout games?

From my experiences of watching games, they pretty much only take out a couple or few of their key starters(QB and RB), and leave their OL, and most of their D out there.

If they put their scrubs in on the OL(blowout or no), others like the QB, RB, K, etc are going to get hurt.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #76
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11142

People act like he got hurt on a pass play. He was hurt on an extra point. Special teams don't generally practice backups, so a blocker like him wouldn't necessitate a backup entering the game, regardless of score.

If say, Brady got hurt throwing that pass, then lolololol....

we all know they are D-Bags who want to run up the score and chase records, but probably no coach would've taken a ST player out while blocking on an extra point.
dez09231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #77
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804

Quote:
Originally Posted by dez09231 View Post
People act like he got hurt on a pass play. He was hurt on an extra point. Special teams don't generally practice backups, so a blocker like him wouldn't necessitate a backup entering the game, regardless of score.

If say, Brady got hurt throwing that pass, then lolololol....

we all know they are D-Bags who want to run up the score and chase records, but probably no coach would've taken a ST player out while blocking on an extra point.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #78
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11142

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
I am being rational. If that was intended to be derogatory, idc. New England chases records. Who can argue otherwise empirically? No one else plays a HoF QB up by 4 TD's with 4 minutes to go. "Stop us if you don't like it"... with that mentality, someone is going to lose a knee. Teams don't steal second up 8 in the 9th. Teams don't pull goalies up 4 with 2 minutes to go..... and teams that aren't chasing records don't play MVP HoF QB's throwing bombs up 32 bazillion either. Teams who want to say "We are the best offense EVVVVRRRRRR" do that. If that was any other team doing it, you'd agree. That's not fandom. That's not hating the Patriots. That's rational evaluation of basic sportmanship.

However, no one is taking a blocker out on ST just because the game is over, even if it is Gronkowski.
dez09231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #79
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804

Quote:
Originally Posted by dez09231 View Post
I am being rational. If that was intended to be derogatory, idc. New England chases records. Who can argue otherwise empirically? No one else plays a HoF QB up by 4 TD's with 4 minutes to go. "Stop us if you don't like it"... with that mentality, someone is going to lose a knee. Teams don't steal second up 8 in the 9th. Teams don't pull goalies up 4 with 2 minutes to go..... and teams that aren't chasing records don't play MVP HoF QB's throwing bombs up 32 bazillion either. Teams who want to say "We are the best offense EVVVVRRRRRR" do that. If that was any other team doing it, you'd agree. That's not fandom. That's not hating the Patriots. That's rational evaluation of basic sportmanship.

However, no one is taking a blocker out on ST just because the game is over, even if it is Gronkowski.
Patriots play lights out football to the best of their abilities for sixty full minutes.
They don't bench starters or hide from unfortunate circumstance on the sideline.

They play top tier football for a full game. If teams can't handle it, that's their problem.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PATS16N0 For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-14-2013), NSMaster56 (01-15-2013), WVABE (01-15-2013)
Old 01-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #80
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
Patriots play lights out football to the best of their abilities for sixty full minutes.
They don't bench starters or hide from unfortunate circumstance on the sideline.

They play top tier football for a full game. If teams can't handle it, that's their problem.
I admire that the Patriots are such perfectionists. Brady gets up his offense's ass if they don't execute whether they are winning or losing.

The people who whine about the Pats running up the score are probably just mad because they keep covering the spread.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote