Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #31
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718
Default Re: Stop kidding youselfs; Flacco is solid.

I have always thought Flacco was a solid QB, maybe even a top ten in league QB. First he has for the most part had solid line play, and a good running game, (Rice is a top 5 RB), his defense has helped him with score producing plays. But lets do not overlook his throws into traffic that result in PIs or like last night a completion with less than a minute that should of been defended easily. If Ben threw as many boneheaded passes he would be blasted more than he is. Flacco is a big armed QB that somtimes looks very good and then he has games were he goes 12-27 and 150 yds and you just scratch your head.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #32
kent
Bench Warmer

Speed Racer Champion! Big Truck Adventures 3 Champion! Bejeweled Champion! Chain Reaction - Newgrounds Champion!
Member Number: 24510

You take Ray Rice out of that offense and they're not even a playoff team. Flacco has to lead the league in checkdowns.
kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #33
kent
Bench Warmer

Speed Racer Champion! Big Truck Adventures 3 Champion! Bejeweled Champion! Chain Reaction - Newgrounds Champion!
Member Number: 24510

You take Ray Rice out of that offense and they're not even a playoff team. Flacco has to lead the league in checkdowns.
kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #34
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11142

My gut feeling as of this second:

Tier 1 - "Elite":

Brady
Brees
Rodgers

Tier 2 - Near "elite", teams will be Super Bowl contenders more years than not:

Manning
Manning
Roethlisberger

Tier 3 - More than happy with what you have:

Griffin
Ryan
Stafford

Tier 4/5 - Homers call them "elite", no one else does. Capable of performing very well, but generally middle-of-the-pack:

Cutler
Flacco
Freeman
Luck
Newton
Rivers
Romo
Smith
Schaub
Wilson
Vick

Tier 6 - Young but not overly impressive so far/small body of work/very low end starters that would be better as high-end backups:

All Ari and KC QB's
Dalton
Fitzpatrick
Foles
Kapernick
Locker
Palmer
Ponder
Tanehill
Weeden

Tier Dookie:

All KC and Arizona QB's
Gabbert
Sanchez

Flacco is a top 10-15 guy to me. That's not as a Steelers fan, that's just how I see it rationally. He's in that category of guys that can be special but aren't amazing. Those two tiers I just lumped together because most of those guys are about the same, and I don't see any of them winning the Super Bowl with as good as they are right now. Of course some can get better, especially the younger guys, but most of those guys are interchangeable. If the Texans woke up with Flacco instead of Schaub they wouldn't be doing backflips. If Dallas had Flacco instead of Romo, they'd still be about 9-7 every year. They aren't anything special, but most of those guys aren't going anywhere because there is no one better to replace them.
dez09231 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dez09231 For This Useful Post:
NSMaster56 (01-13-2013)
Old 01-13-2013, 04:02 PM   #35
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Anyone hating on Flacco is hating on the old Flacco - 1 TD 6 ints in his first 2 playoffs. 12 tds 2 ints in his last 3 playoffs.

The question is who is the best qb in the AFC North? Is it Joe Flacco... or is it Andy Dalton?

Roethlisberger to Baltimore for Joe Flacco and a 2nd round pick? Anyone?

And that kids... is how you troll homers.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #36
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 7,265 Times in 3,147 Posts

Brees was tied for the most interceptions with Luck - a rookie - yet he's put over Roethlisberger because he passed for more yardage? That's great. They're both not in the playoffs and in fact, the Saints had a worse year.

I don't understand the logic behind Brees being put ahead of Ben.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #37
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907

Flaccid got so lucky yesterday. His receivers couldn't have been more open. Nobody's talking about it but he horribly underthrew Jones on the last TD, Jones had to slow down tremendously on his route to get it, but the Broncos defender was even more incompetent and fell down leaving Jones open. Could have easily been picked if Denver's secondary wasn't so horrendous. Flaccid also missed two easy TD's to Torrey Smith who should have had an even more crazy day than he did.

I still will not give him credit, he had everything set up for him so perfectly. Any above average QB would have dropped 50 on the Broncos yesterday and set playoff passing records.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #38
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Brees was tied for the most interceptions with Luck - a rookie - yet he's put over Roethlisberger because he passed for more yardage? That's great. They're both not in the playoffs and in fact, the Saints had a worse year.

I don't understand the logic behind Brees being put ahead of Ben.
When the Saints won the superbowl they had the 26th best defense in the NFL... and the best offense.

New Orleans has finished 1st in total yards 4 times and 1st in points twice since Brees joined the Saints in 2006 (the same year Roethlisberger led the league in interceptions- but he threw for 18 tds not 43).

Pittsburgh has not finished top 5 in yards or points under Roethlisberger.

Contrary to popular belief, Brees has not been surrounded by talent. His offensive lines have been very poor and stocked with late draft picks and free agents. Ben Grubbs at LG is the only 1st round round pick on that line. The most help Brees has had has been from Reggie Bush and from his tight ends Shockey and Graham. None of his receivers would have been a number one on the Steelers at any time during Roethlisberger's career.

Every time I watch a Saints game the stat line comes up "Brees has completed a pass to 9 different receivers."

Maybe the most amazing thing is that in the Saints down-the-field passing attack Brees still managed to complete 71% of his passes last season (and he actually throws balls away instead of taking sacks). That's not easy to do on your way to 5476 yards and 46 TDs but he did it.

I hope these reasons shed some light on why Brees is better than Roethlisberger.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #39
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907

Yeah, I don't think the difference between Brees and Ben is as large as some say. And while I don't believe Ben only wins because of our defense as his detractors say, at the same time, if he had a defense as bad as the Saints, his team would go well under .500. Brees is a better decision maker and only has a lot of interceptions because he attempts a lot more passes in the first place.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PhantomJB93 For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-13-2013)
Old 01-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #40
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Flaccid got so lucky yesterday. His receivers couldn't have been more open. Nobody's talking about it but he horribly underthrew Jones on the last TD, Jones had to slow down tremendously on his route to get it, but the Broncos defender was even more incompetent and fell down leaving Jones open. Could have easily been picked if Denver's secondary wasn't so horrendous. Flaccid also missed two easy TD's to Torrey Smith who should have had an even more crazy day than he did.

I still will not give him credit, he had everything set up for him so perfectly. Any above average QB would have dropped 50 on the Broncos yesterday and set playoff passing records.
This post is a perfect example of how bias can obscure rational thought. Nothing that you have said makes any sense in any objective universe. That said, I hope it made you feel good to type this.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote