Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,557 Times in 4,092 Posts
Default Brendon Ayanbadejo is a Complete Clown

Brendon Ayanbadejo: Patriots' offense a 'gimmick'

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League editor
Published: Jan. 13, 2013 at 09:40 p.m.
Updated: Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:22 p.m

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo didn't even wait for the end of the New England Patriots' win on Sunday over the Houston Texans to initiate a little AFC Championship Game back-and-forth.

Watching the game at home, the noted special teamer and gay rights defender took issue with Tom Brady's ability to snap the ball before opponents were ready.

"Are you watching the game pats vs texans? If so you see the hurry snap offense catch em b4 they set up. It's a gimmick," Ayanbadejo said. "Their offense is good enough to be successful with out that. ...

"You know the same organization that did spygate and cut a guy the day b4 the Super Bowl."

That's dropping the hammer when it comes to trash talking the Patriots. At that point, it seems Ayanbadejo's timeline started filling up with angry Patriots fans. His response:

"18-1," he wrote.

And then: "In a sport that is predicated on mano y mano, 'lets hurry up n snap it ' = bitchassness," he wrote.

It's safe to say these comments will get some play during the week. Let's get our thoughts out of the way:

1. It's surprising that such a media-savvy player like Ayanbadejo doesn't realize that Twitter is essentially a press conference for players. He probably wouldn't play these things with a microphone in front of him.

2. His argument is odd. It essentially says that all no huddle offenses are cheap. In a sport where every team is trying to gain the slightest advantage, quick snapping the ball seems pretty tame.

3. That brings us to Spygate. It seems ridiculous to bring up the controversy in this context, but it's actually not that crazy. The Patriots are an organization that seeks out minor advantages in a million different creative ways. Their Oregon-influenced offense is an example. Spygate was another example; it just crossed a serious line.

New England's hurry-up approach comes from an organizational mindset that is not afraid to be different or push the envelope. That's part of the reason Bill Belichick and Tom Brady are headed to their seventh AFC title game in 12 years.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ense-a-gimmick

-- Really, Brendon? It sounds like you're just throwing out a preemptive excuse as to why Brady is going to make you look like a child next Sunday. He's a complete clown and I hope Brady targets him all game because of these comments. Oh, wait a second, he's a special teamer and won't get on the field because he's absolute trash. Is he trying to have an excuse that the Ravens can fall back on when Brady shreds them a new asshole on Sunday? I don't understand this ideology. The hurry up offense is 'cheap', but Flacco asked to use it all year? Does this guy hear himself speak?

Go Pats - fuck you Baltimore.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:44 PM   #2
Blacksburg Zach
Team President
Supporter

Super Mario Flash Champion! Ragnarok Champion! Helicopter2 Champion!
Member Number: 24584
Thanked 2,421 Times in 942 Posts
My Mood: Amazed
Default Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo is a Complete Clown

First of all, who the hell is Brendon Ayanbadejo? Second, why is he bitching about a completely legal offensive tactic before the game even begins? If the offense can line up quickly enough and the defense is unprepared, an offense is expected to take advantage of that. Apparently, that's too much to understand for Ayanbadejo, who is apparently already making excuses for himself and the team. It's almost as if he expects the Patriots to completely carve up the Ravens' defense next week.

Last edited by Blacksburg Zach; 01-14-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Blacksburg Zach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:46 PM   #3
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,694 Times in 2,368 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

It's totally a gimmick. I mean, take away that scoring more points than the other team trick and what have they got?

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
Blackout (01-15-2013), Blacksburg Zach (01-13-2013), PATS16N0 (01-14-2013), SteelersCanada (01-13-2013), ZoneBlitzer (01-14-2013)
Old 01-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #4
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,557 Times in 4,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
It's totally a gimmick. I mean, take away that scoring more points than the other team trick and what have they got?
I just laughed out loud and even as I write this, am still laughing. Thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacksburgSteeler13 View Post
First of all, who the hell is Brendon Ayanbadejo? Second, why is he bitching about a completely legal offensive tactic before the game even begins? If the offensive can line up quickly enough and the defense is unprepared, an offense is expected to take advantage of that. Apparently, that's too much to understand for Ayanbadejo, who is apparently already making excuses for himself and the team. It's almost as if he expects the Patriots to completely carve up the Ravens' defense next week.
That's exactly what it seems like he's doing.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:13 PM   #5
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

At least the Pats say all the right things, the Ratbirds are so full of themselves and are complete ass clowns.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:29 AM   #6
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Who cares about Spygate? What matters is what's happening on the field and they execute better than any other team.

I never bought into this cheating stuff. They have been dominating the AFC for more than a decade and taping the opponents has nothing to do with it. Plus, everyone can look at tapes, there's no secret.

When HCs, coordinators and players switch teams regularly, nobody needs to spy on the opponents to know what their playbook contains

I'm gonna get flamed for it but that's my position.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #7
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
Who cares about Spygate? What matters is what's happening on the field and they execute better than any other team.

I never bought into this cheating stuff. They have been dominating the AFC for more than a decade and taping the opponents has nothing to do with it. Plus, everyone can look at tapes, there's no secret.

When HCs, coordinators and players switch teams regularly, nobody needs to spy on the opponents to know what their playbook contains

I'm gonna get flamed for it but that's my position.
I agree - "cheating" or no, the Pats are one solid organization. Teams who lose the Super Bowl over the last decade not only have a hard time the season after, but over the long haul they tend to fade as well. The Pats have rebounded nicely after their 2007 SB defeat.

As for the "cheating" stuff - the Rams, Panthers, and Eagles definitely had their chances. Mike Martz abandoning the run game, John Fox going for 2 in the 3rd qtr(and John Kasey kicking it out of bounds before the last drive), and Andy Reid's poor clock management played a factor as well.

As for the "tuck rule" in 2001 - the Raiders lost 3 games that year they had no business doing so(one to lowly Arizona at home). Otherwise, they would have had the #2 seed instead, and no way they lose to the Pats at home.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #8
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

so stupid running his ghetto mouth. Only gives the Patriots further incentive to f-ing CRUSH them like 55-3 or something.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #9
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804

Wow. One thing to run your mouth off like an idiot and call the third all time scoring offense a gimmick, but to bring up "Spygate" and 18-1?"

The Patriots are so seasoned at this point, I doubt very little of this nonsense even goes on their bulletin board anymore.

But this will....
Believe it.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #10
JeromeBetties63
Starter

Member Number: 19049

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
Wow. One thing to run your mouth off like an idiot and call the third all time scoring offense a gimmick, but to bring up "Spygate" and 18-1?"

The Patriots are so seasoned at this point, I doubt very little of this nonsense even goes on their bulletin board anymore.

But this will....
Believe it.
I feel like the Pats let this stuff seethe and then it comes out on the field. They might be robotic in press conferences, but they play with emotional fire. People forget, it has been awhile since your guys actually won one. Brady and the boys look very hungry and I think they are going eat some Raven this weekend. That being said....I hate your team....lol!
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote