Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #21
The_Joker
Living Legend

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,126 Posts
My Mood: Devilish
Default Re: The Rooney's love a good Catholic Boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dez09231 View Post
He's a great football player. I'd love to have him on our team.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #22
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Not to call you out specifically, DEZ, but what exactly is it that everyone thinks he is so good at? I always hear "he isn't a good QB, but a good football player"... what exactly does that mean?

We have only seen him play QB. And his thundering 7-4 stretch was with a 43% completion percentage (lowest of any starting QB in NFL history) against several 8-8 teams, a 3-13 team (who blew Tebow's Broncos out 43-13), and a spattering of 6-10 teams.

Granted, he did whoop us in that playoff game-- but then again, look at what he did.

Denver ran the same, exact play, 3 times against us, and scored all 3 times. That has more to do with Dick Lebeau's #1 cocky-azz defense and poorly-planned scheme getting burned, than Tebow entering the upper echelon of NFL QBs.

That deep post to Demarius Thomas is probably the only play Tebow knew how to run, so they probably practiceed that one play about 20 times each day in practice. I mean, the guy scored a 870 on his SAT....he basically managed to spell his own name right and that was about it.

As far as I know, we have never seen him play at any of the other positions on the field, other than punt protector, and he even stunk at that.

He went to a personal trainer this summer to work on his throwing mechanics, and the result was him underthrowing an uncovered receiver in the endzone and throwing a sloppy high ball to his TE, which landed the poor guy on IR this year.

Tebow is a joke and nothing more than a shameless self-advertiser. His followers would have you think the guy can throw TDs, while executing the infamous Tebow kneel, chewing gum, and fingering his girlfriend at the same time. In reality-- he brings with him a freak show that only desperate teams seeking media attention will try for. He does not have much to contribute on the field.

Whomever said putting him in at backup QB would 'push Ben' to play harder is lost. He did not even "push" Sanchize to up his game-- what is he going to do to a 2-time SB winning QB?

That said, even not being religious myself, I would not object to the Rooneys brining in someone with character to offset the Ta'amu and Rainey stupidity. We don't need an altar-boy like Timmy, but some quiet, hard-working, descent human beings like Polamalu, Miller, or the late Chris Hoke/Charlie Batch.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #23
The_Joker
Living Legend

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,126 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
That said, even not being religious myself, I would not object to the Rooneys brining in someone with character to offset the Ta'amu and Rainey stupidity. We don't need an altar-boy like Timmy, but some quiet, hard-working, descent human beings like Polamalu, Miller, or the late Chris Hoke/Charlie Batch.
Exactly. As an Atheist I can appreciate the Steelers players like Troy keeping their faith where it's supposed to be: personal. Tebow is nothing more than a televangelist.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #24
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

This thread and the idea behind it are busts
But I have to congratulate the op for what I'm sure was a hilariously inappropriate thread title
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #25
VictoryFormation
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20598

Tebow is probably going to the Cardinals, or someplace where he has a good shot at a starting QB position. It looks like the Rooneys will have to look for a good Catholic boy elsewhere.
VictoryFormation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #26
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 6,233 Times in 2,960 Posts
My Mood: Sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryFormation View Post
Tebow is probably going to the Cardinals, or someplace where he has a good shot at a starting QB position. It looks like the Rooneys will have to look for a good Catholic boy elsewhere.
Tebow isn't going anywhere. He certainly isn't going to a place with a new coach who doesn't have the stature to sit Tebow given his lack of ability. Not with his unearned/religious based popularity.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:21 PM   #27
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 11,220 Times in 4,478 Posts
My Mood: Tired

if Tebow takes the Doug Flutie route, he might end up playing as an NFL QB, I don't see it happening any other way.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #28
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 6,233 Times in 2,960 Posts
My Mood: Sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
if Tebow takes the Doug Flutie route, he might end up playing as an NFL QB, I don't see it happening any other way.
Flutie could always throw. He'd have to start Flutie's route in Junior High

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #29
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Tebow requires his own offense, like we seen in Denver. The Cardinals may be a good choice for him, but it's not going to happen. A team with a good O line and really good defense might be successful with Tebow. it sounds stupid, and yes eventually teams would figure it out, but his team would have time to perfect it also because it wouldn't be a one year experiment. That said, none of that fits with us. Yes he's a good "athlete", but he doesn't really excel at any position and would only be a backup TE or FB.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #30
Terminator
Head Coach

Member Number: 24492
Thanked 1,479 Times in 596 Posts

Quote:
Yeah. In college.
Terminator is online now   Reply With Quote