Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #31
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,459 Times in 4,031 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Harbaugh Jealousy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
i hate both the harbaughs but they do seem to get the most out of their players.
i would take either over dipshit tho
if I were a mod I would have to ban you for life for this blasphemy...
Old 01-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #32
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Vet, I get what you are trying to say: the Harbaughs are good coaches. I agree with that. Well... Jim is a good coach. John is simply a whining douche.

Regardless, BB is my QB... and Tomlin is my coach.

Everyone elks can have Drew Brees & Peyton Manning. Everyone else can have Sean Payton and Jim Harbaugh. I'll stick with BB over any other QB, and with Tomlin over any other coach.

Oh, and my two guys have been to two SuperBowls and won one in the past five years. No one else can say that.
OK look guys, I'm 100% in agreement here. Let me echo the esteemed teegre's point: Regardless, BB is my QB... and Tomlin is my coach.

Sure, when some young, hot, rich chick walks up and offers to buy me a drink and dinner, I'm naturally gonna accept (this happens all the time) but in no way does that change my total commitment to my wife. It's no different here.

Yeah there are things I'd like to change about Ben, but he's already done enough to earn permanent loyalty - even if he never grows into the world-beater than he could be. Yes there may be better QBs out there, but Ben's my man until he can't do it anymore.

As for Tomlin, let's just be honest, it's a bit less so. It would be nice to see some growth, and a bit less of the same old mistakes repeated again and again. But if he's good enough for the Rooney's, he's good enough for me. I just wish that he was better than good enough, because good enough doesn't take you to the same place as great. And the Harbaughs are more than good enough, and that hurts a bit for this Steelers fan.

The black and gold ostrich of rebuilding denial.

Last edited by TheVet; 01-16-2013 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Hey, my black and gold ostrich kicked in!!!!!!!!
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheVet For This Useful Post:
teegre (01-16-2013)
Old 01-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #33
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

As for Tomlin, let's just be honest, it's a bit less so. It would be nice to see some growth, and a bit less of the same old mistakes repeated again and again. But if he's good enough for the Rooney's, he's good enough for me. I just wish that he was better than good enough, because good enough doesn't take you to the same place as great. And the Harbaughs are more than good enough, and that hurts a bit for this Steelers fan.

I hear what you are saying and can at times sympathize, but for personal reasons-- I can't stand either one of them. Both of them are a couple of **********s, in my opinion.

John and his whiney "WAHHHHH! We can't play the Steelers at home for the season opener!" and the other d-bag who does not shake hands with other coaches.

I especially love the face John Harbaugh makes when we beat his team and he thought he had a sure victory. The one on his face when the Steelers cmae back from 21-7 in the playoffs was PRICELESS. This last time when they lost to Charlie Batch, he looked like he was going to go home to a bottle of suds to cry.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #34
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVet View Post
Come on, can you honestly say that's a serious comment? They've both built nothing teams into contenders. If you look around the league, you'll see that most new HCs don't walk into Super Bowl caliber teams with elite QBs as in Tomlin's situation.
Yep, and the harbaughs teams are consistent and remain in the playoffs year after year. Tomlins lack of coaching skills and team building are starting to shine through now that cowher men are vanishing. Our team is getting worst. Harbaughs ravens are and have been the king of the afc North and until tomlins strives to improve his game and get the most out of his lazy players, things will remain the same. If you haven't noticed Tomlin lovers, we went from consistently being the king of the afc north to being third place. We are now the Bengals. Raven are now the Steelers and the Bengals are now the ravens. Way to stay on track Tomlin... You the man! You went to two superbowl under cowhers regime and Dick lebeau, now we are an embarrassment only thing we have left is our god of a D coordinator Dick lebeau. When he.go's, well be the browns. You the man Tomlin.... Talk is cheap, start winning or go be a speech writer for a politician.

To be honest... The harbuaghs would each have one superbowl appearance if is wasn't for a simple FLUKE special teams mistake. Harbuaghs will be in contention for Yeats to come. Onky decision I didn't like about the ravens is that they kept Cameron on for so long and handicapped ray rice so much. Now harbuagh has fixed that issue and are putting up more points.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #35
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,138 Times in 3,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVet View Post
Come on, can you honestly say that's a serious comment? They've both built nothing teams into contenders. If you look around the league, you'll see that most new HCs don't walk into Super Bowl caliber teams with elite QBs as in Tomlin's situation.
Jim Harbaugh walked into:

Patrick Willis
Aldon Smith
Anthony Davis
Mike Iupati
Navarro Bowman
Michael Crabtree
Joe Staley
Dashon Goldson
Vernon Davis
Frank Gore

bold = Pro Bowl.

Every player on that list except Davis and Crabtree are Pro Bowl players. He walked into 8 Pro Bowl players and because he didn't have his head far, far up his ass they're starting to become a threat now. Someone is going to have to explain to me why that's impressive. Anyone other than the garbage San Fran was hiring could have taken that team to a title game (now two) because of the talent. The scouts / GM were doing their jobs, but here comes a coach that understands the basics of football and holy shit, they're a contender with arguably a top-two defense.

Who could have seen that coming?

edit -- also, fuck the Cowhers players!!!!!!1111one! argument. It took 15 years for Cowher to win with his players and it took Tomlin one year to win with them. So, in reality, who's the better coach? The whole Cowher's players argument is the dumbest piece of rhetoric garbage that gets puked up on this site time and time again from fans that just don't know any better. It's no wonder why every single other team in the NFL hates us. We bitch about Roethlisberger. We bitch about Tomlin. We bitch about one down season and we bitch that we're going off the hill and this is it for us. Why don't we ask teams that are legitimately struggling and have been for some time what it's like to cheer for a constant loser? Teams that legitimately don't have a HC or franchise Quarterback like Roethlisberger. Could we sound any more like spoiled little babies than we are right now?
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-16-2013), lloydwoodson (01-16-2013)
Old 01-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #36
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post

Patrick Willis
Aldon Smith
Anthony Davis
Mike Iupati
Navarro Bowman
Michael Crabtree
Joe Staley
Dashon Goldson
Vernon Davis
Frank Gore

bold = Pro Bowl.

Every player on that list except Davis and Crabtree tuare Pro Bowl players. He walked into 8 Pro Bowl players and because he didn't have his head far, far up his ass they're starting to become a threat now. Someone is going to have to explain to me why that's impressive. Anyone other than the garbage San Fran was hiring could have taken that team to a title game (now two) because of the talent. The scouts / GM were doing their jobs, but here comes a coach that understands the basics of football and holy shit, they're a contender with arguably a top-two defense.

edit -- also, fuck the Cowhers players!!!!!!1111one! argument. It took 15 years for Cowher to win with his players and it took Tomlin one year to win with them. So, in reality, who's the better coach? The whole Cowher's players argument is the dumbest piece of rhetoric garbage that gets puked up on this site time and time again from fans that just don't know any better. It's no wonder why every single other team in the NFL hates us. We bitch about Roethlisberger. We bitch about Tomlin. We bitch about one down season and we bitch that we're going off the hill and this is it for us. Why don't we ask teams that are legitimately struggling and have been for some time what it's like to cheer for a constant loser? Teams that legitimately don't have a HC or franchise Quarterback like Roethlisberger. Could we sound any more like spoiled little babies than we are right now?

Yeah, so with all that talent, where was San Fran before Jim came to town? A bunch of undisciplined non playoff making non household name players. Jim comes to town and turns the team into an INSTANT threat and the best team in the NFL. It's the coach that's gets the most out of his players that wins. Just like belichick. Tomlins he opposite. Players like to play for him cause he is soft and ain't really in charge. Players do just enough under his watch. I'd take a coach that turns a team into a threat, instead of a coach that turns a threat into a laughing stock. I'll take a coach that gets the mist out of his players instead of the coach that "everyone wants to play for" Tomlin needs to start getting tough with his men and make these young players play to their absolute best. The lack of discipline showed through EVERY GAME this season and costs us a lot of wins. The more that Cowhers players leave our team, the sloppier and embarrassing we become. Watch the regression over the past 6 seasons. Can't argue with the facts man. Tomlin needs to step up and be a father to the kids, not the cool parent to the kids.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #37
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,977 Times in 3,376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
Yeah, so with all that talent, where was San Fran before Jim came to town? A bunch of undisciplined non playoff making non household name players. Jim comes to town and turns the team into an INSTANT threat and the best team in the NFL. It's the coach that's gets the most out of his players that wins. Just like belichick. Tomlins he opposite. Players like to play for him cause he is soft and ain't really in charge. Players do just enough under his watch. I'd take a coach that turns a team into a threat, instead of a coach that turns a threat into a laughing stock. I'll take a coach that gets the mist out of his players instead of the coach that "everyone wants to play for" Tomlin needs to start getting tough with his men and make these young players play to their absolute best. The lack of discipline showed through EVERY GAME this season and costs us a lot of wins. The more that Cowhers players leave our team, the sloppier and embarrassing we become. Watch the regression over the past 6 seasons. Can't argue with the facts man. Tomlin needs to step up and be a father to the kids, not the cool parent to the kids.
These players don't need a father, they're groan men. They need to hold themselves accountable.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #38
lipps83
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17725

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post

Patrick Willis
Aldon Smith
Anthony Davis
Mike Iupati
Navarro Bowman
Michael Crabtree
Joe Staley
Dashon Goldson
Vernon Davis
Frank Gore

bold = Pro Bowl.

Every player on that list except Davis and Crabtree are Pro Bowl players. He walked into 8 Pro Bowl players and because he didn't have his head far, far up his ass they're starting to become a threat now. Someone is going to have to explain to me why that's impressive. Anyone other than the garbage San Fran was hiring could have taken that team to a title game (now two) because of the talent. The scouts / GM were doing their jobs, but here comes a coach that understands the basics of football and holy shit, they're a contender with arguably a top-two defense.

The 2nd guy on that list was drafted by Harbaugh. Bowman wasn't even a starter until Harbaugh got there.

Half the guys on that list didn't make the most overrated game until Harbaugh turned the 49'ers around. They were just another body on a horrible team, nothing great.

That's like giving Cowher credit for James Harrison when he didn't even start him. Harrison wasn't a starter until Tomlin came around.

I don't care who you are and what team you take over. Every team, even the worst ones, have some damn good players. Sometimes it takes a coach that is willing to exploit your best abilities instead of trying to force you to do something you do not do well like the Steelers are doing with some of their players.
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #39
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,138 Times in 3,917 Posts

Quote:
Yeah, so with all that talent, where was San Fran before Jim came to town?
So, I already addressed this. An average coach that had some idea what he was doing could've taken that team to any kind of success. It's not hard when half of your defense are Pro Bowl players.

Quote:
A bunch of undisciplined non playoff making non household name players. Jim comes to town and turns the team into an INSTANT threat and the best team in the NFL. It's the coach that's gets the most out of his players that wins. Just like belichick.
You're right! Jim is exactly like Bill Belichick! Minus all the Super Bowl rings and the playoff wins, but other than those stats, they're exactly similar! They could be confused for twins.

This is a ridiculous comparison. Bill is one of the best coaches of all time, and Harbaugh has yet to go to a Super Bowl.

Quote:
Tomlins he opposite. Players like to play for him cause he is soft and ain't really in charge. Players do just enough under his watch. I'd take a coach that turns a team into a threat, instead of a coach that turns a threat into a laughing stock. I'll take a coach that gets the mist out of his players instead of the coach that "everyone wants to play for" Tomlin needs to start getting tough with his men and make these young players play to their absolute best.
How did I know this was coming? The Steelers are a laughing stock because they went 8-8? Tomlin is yet to have a losing season. Let's take your buddy Cowher and his record, shall we? Tomlin has done the exact same things in terms of Super Bowl appearances and victories that Bill has done in about 1/4th the time. He has yet to have a losing season and despite losing his franchise Quarterback for 3 games, still managed a .500 season.

Quote:
The lack of discipline showed through EVERY GAME this season and costs us a lot of wins. The more that Cowhers players leave our team, the sloppier and embarrassing we become. Watch the regression over the past 6 seasons. Can't argue with the facts man. Tomlin needs to step up and be a father to the kids, not the cool parent to the kids.
So, the year all of our veteran leadership is released and the fact that we start playing undisciplined football is just a huge coincidence? Those two things aren't related? I can't argue with the facts? In the last 6 years we've been to two Super Bowls. Is this post a joke? I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone right now.

The lack of discipline was caused by the lack of leadership. That's going to change this offseason. How about, instead of attacking non-issues and non-problems (like how the last six years have been 'regression years' despite going to, again, two fucking Super Bowls and winning one of them) we focus on the lack of true leadership this team has? Let's focus on the problems, not make ones up out of frustration.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-16-2013)
Old 01-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #40
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

I agree with Steelers Canada 100%. The 49ers added a LOT of pieces as Jim Harbaugh joined the team. I made the same point in another post. John Harbaugh inherited a top 5 defense and a good quarterback.

The Steelers have owned the Ravens in the playoffs... or does no one watch the games? Tomlin is 6-6 vs the Ravens in the regular season and 2-0 in the playoffs. (At least 3 of the regular season games were played without Ben).

Tomlin is 63-33 in the regular season and 5-3 in the playoffs (with a superbowl).

This is the coach people have a problem with? Because he is a "player's coach"? Ask the running backs how much of a "player's coach" Tomlin is.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote