Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #61
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,550 Times in 2,359 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Harbaugh Jealousy

fuck harblough, how many championships did they win? (we can even add their time as football players into the equation to be nice)

lol to the ravens fan above, i would like harblough as our coach about as much as i'd like flacco as my qb (not at all)

the only player on the ravens that i'd take would be ray rice and thats about it
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #62
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,644 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa14 View Post
Oh man, how sweet is this?! Watching Steeler fans fret about how they wished they had JOHN HARBAUGH as their coach! Made my week!
^you continue to make our week by spending time on our message boards. Our guys aren't even in the playoffs and you're seeking our thoughts. Complex much?

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #63
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,138 Times in 3,917 Posts

Quote:
Oh man, how sweet is this?! Watching Steeler fans fret about how they wished they had JOHN HARBAUGH as their coach! Made my week!
Every fanbase has it's fair share of idiots. You're experiencing ours.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #64
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Harbaugh from Baltimore hasn't won shit. He is a joke that inherited a good team but still can't win a ring. Now his brother in San Francisco is different. He took a bad team who were lost at the QB position and turned the into a top contender in his short time there. That's a good coach and I will definitely give him credit for whathe did to that team and eespecially Alex Smith even though he benched him this year.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #65
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16103

Quote:
LOL, only a select fans who think the grass is greener on the other side, though what that may be since there are no SB wins to show for it is beyond me. I would rather have the Steelers leave the city of Pittsburgh than have anyone with the name Harbaugh associated with it. The mere thought of it makes my skin crawl. No thanks, I would pass on a team if the Harbarfs were the last 2 coaches left in the NFL.
steelerschik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #66
BmoreStyles
Water Boy

Member Number: 24577

I'm definitely in the minority of Ravens' fans, but I'd take Tomlin over Harbaugh. Throw out the Super Bowls because in the end, players make the plays as seen by Lee Evans dropping Harb's first Super Bowl appearance last year. Neither Harbs nor Tomlin are X's and O's gurus like a Billicheck, and both of them rely heavily on their defensive and offensive coordinators. I see the main job of those type of head coaches to be master motivators, and I think Tomlin is a better motivator and the kind of coach that his players want to play hard for. Not all of Harb's players like him, though they respect him.

That being said, I think Jim Harbaugh is way better than both of them. He's got the X's and O's considering he was an NFL QB, and he's also a master motivator. Anyone who says they wouldn't want Jim Harbaugh as their coach is a goddamn ignorant FOOL. An IDIOT. Yeah I'm looking at you Steelerschick. Too see what he's done in both the college and pro ranks is very impressive.

But anyway, yeah I'd take Tomlin over John Harbaugh.
BmoreStyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #67
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
injuries, injuries, injuries - Tomlin is a fantastic coach in that he won't accept that as an excuse, even though the Steelers have been the most decimated team two seasons in a row . . .
Actually there were 10 teams who lost more starts to injuries than the Steelers this year and 4 of those teams were in the playoffs. I'm not sure where that crap gets started.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #68
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreStyles View Post
I'm definitely in the minority of Ravens' fans, but I'd take Tomlin over Harbaugh. Throw out the Super Bowls because in the end, players make the plays as seen by Lee Evans dropping Harb's first Super Bowl appearance last year. Neither Harbs nor Tomlin are X's and O's gurus like a Billicheck, and both of them rely heavily on their defensive and offensive coordinators. I see the main job of those type of head coaches to be master motivators, and I think Tomlin is a better motivator and the kind of coach that his players want to play hard for. Not all of Harb's players like him, though they respect him.

That being said, I think Jim Harbaugh is way better than both of them. He's got the X's and O's considering he was an NFL QB, and he's also a master motivator. Anyone who says they wouldn't want Jim Harbaugh as their coach is a goddamn ignorant FOOL. An IDIOT. Yeah I'm looking at you Steelerschick. Too see what he's done in both the college and pro ranks is very impressive.

But anyway, yeah I'd take Tomlin over John Harbaugh.
Very fair assessment - I'd still hold on and see how Jim Harbaugh responds to aging vets on his defense and losing O-linemen left and right on offense. A little adversity and a few more seasons and we'll see where everyone stands. Thanks for your honest and open-minded assessment. There are moments where I wish I was seeing a different appraoch out of Tomlin, but he's our guy for now and I have to back him while still holding the right as a paying fan to piss and moan

Agree to disagree.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #69
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

All I know is that both of the Harbaugh teams CHOKED in last year's championship games. If that was Tomlin, it would all be his fault by you Tomlin haters.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #70
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsteel View Post
All I know is that both of the Harbaugh teams CHOKED in last year's championship games. If that was Tomlin, it would all be his fault by you Tomlin haters.
No - Marty is at fault

Agree to disagree.