Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-21-2006, 12:34 AM   #31
Midnightwriter07
Starter

Member Number: 2305
Default Re: sportscenter breaking news

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphissteelergirl
Well, you know what they said about men with big thumbs....

<--- checking out my hands and looking at my BIG thumbs. ahahaaaah
Midnightwriter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:52 AM   #32
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698

[QUOTE=83-Steelers-43]Breaking News: Pittsburgh AP - It's official, Ben Roethlisberger had surgery today and came out of the emergency room with a completely new throwing hand (pictured below). It consists of a radar and honing device which focuses on the complete WR and HB core of the Pittsburgh Steelers. [quote]

Did he get the extended warranty on the thumb??
Old 08-21-2006, 08:29 AM   #33
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICK66
Seem logical now? Nothing wrong with his thumb in that Vikings game was there?
During the post-game interview, he said it was sore before the game and I have no reason to not believe him. I tend/try to stay away from making assumptions. It's the media and certain "fans" who blew this situation up to begin with and started with the amusing and comical conspiracy theories.

His thumb was/still is sore, he sat out for one day of practice and that was the day the world ended. When I read that Ben left practice early last week, the first thing that passed through my mind was "The suicide rate in Steeler Nation is going to jump and the conspiracy theorists are going to come out in force". I wasn't that far off on that prediction.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:34 AM   #34
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
During the post-game interview, he said it was sore before the game and I have no reason to not believe him. I tend/try to stay away from making assumptions. It's the media and certain "fans" who blew this situation up to begin with and started with the amusing and comical conspiracy theories.

His thumb was/still is sore, he sat out for one day of practice and that was the day the world ended. When I read that Ben left practice early last week, the first thing that passed through my mind was "The suicide rate in Steeler Nation is going to jump and the conspiracy theorists are going to come out in force". I wasn't that far off on that prediction.

83...should I back off of this ledge now???

Old 08-21-2006, 08:37 AM   #35
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold203
83...should I back off of this ledge now???

Please do. And no BNG203, aliens did not inject a bacterial substance inside Ben's thumb in order to have him stop signing autographs.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:45 AM   #36
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Please do. And no BNG203, aliens did not inject a bacterial substance inside Ben's thumb in order to have him stop signing autographs.

Of course they didnt....everyone knows it was the taliban!!!

Old 08-21-2006, 08:54 AM   #37
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphissteelergirl
Well, you know what they said about men with big thumbs....
I heard it was their index finger - LOL! From my experiences years ago in nursing, I can tell you that's a fable. The old saying ...not the size of the ship....still stands.

You are absolutely correct, 83 - the media and some of the fans blow everything out of proportion. The rumor gets started by an overzealous reporter anxious to be the first to report "the story' and it spirals out of control and into an overexaggeration. I've learned over the years not to take anything at face value unless I hear it directly from the player's or coach's oral cavities.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:14 PM   #38
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Hmmmm, well to put a little credence in NICK66's seemingly unlikely scenario - but Ben has flat out lied about his injury status in the past - only to be called out by his own coach.

Quote:
Rookie quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was exaggerating when he said he broke two toes on his right foot during the AFC championship game, Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher said.

Roethlisberger told reporters Jan. 25 he wore down physically during the lengthy NFL season and broke two toes while scrambling late in the first half of the 41-27 loss to the New England Patriots.

Cowher seemed irritated Roethlisberger would go public with such a claim, that, in effect, suggested the Steelers gambled with the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year's health by playing him when he was hurt.

"We are unaware of any problems with his toes, OK?" Cowher said.

Roethlisberger didn't specify which toes were broken and wasn't walking with an apparent limp Jan. 24 or Jan. 25.

"Ben does not have broken toes," Cowher said, talking publicly for the first time since the postgame press conference following the Steelers' fourth loss in an AFC title game in 11 seasons. "At the end of the first half, while scrambling, he aggravated some toes he has broken in the past, in high school and college. He mentioned something to Ryan Grove, our assistant trainer, and said he may have broke his toe. When he came off, he said he was fine, and he went back out in the second half and didn't say anything to anybody else for the rest of the game."

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/PIT/8135307

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:17 PM   #39
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Hmmmm, well to put a little credence in NICK66's seemingly unlikely scenario - but Ben has flat out lied about his injury status in the past - only to be called out by his own coach.

NM
Very good point. I've already stated that I feel Ben craves more attention than any other player on this roster (wether when dealing with injuries or to simply get his mug on TV). In my opinion, homerism aside, he made a complete ass out of himself with the whole "toe injury situation". Not the most popular opinion among fellow Steeler fans, but oh well.

But in this case Cowher never denied Ben's injured/sore thumb. Apples and oranges if you ask me.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 08-21-2006 at 02:04 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:19 PM   #40
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past

NM

That was the Taliban too!!!!!