Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-17-2013, 08:47 AM   #61
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Colbert, Steelers FO Allude to Changes on the Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I think BB knows that the team needs a legitimate back-up QB.
this.

He's fully aware that our backup situation sucks and that it hurts the team - BIG. Ben will be excited to work with a youngster (if we actually draft one)
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #62
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24256

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Thankfully you aren't the GM.

You want to get rid of arguably the best deep threat in the NFL, the Steelers best WR and Ben's favourite target. You also want to get rid of a proven NFL starting running back who is a 25 year old former first round pick to take a chance on an unproven college player who might be better or who might be a bust. I'm not sure which OL you don't like but they are all young and most of them were hurt.

With the Steelers spending a first round pick on running back every four years it's going to be hard to fill quality players at other positions.

both players quit on the team and dont want to be here. why do you want to pay them huge money to underperform and be a distraction?
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #63
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,081 Times in 3,893 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
both players quit on the team and dont want to be here. why do you want to pay them huge money to underperform and be a distraction?
Man, you must have a connection to Mike Wallace. Where are you getting this? Mike has said on multiple occasions that he wants to stay in Pittsburgh. He wants to play here and play with Roethlisberger.

I'm convinced you're on here today to stir shit up.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #64
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,443 Times in 1,635 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Man, you must have a connection to Mike Wallace. Where are you getting this? Mike has said on multiple occasions that he wants to stay in Pittsburgh. He wants to play here and play with Roethlisberger.

counter-clockwise preferably

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #65
BlaZeQuietly
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

Quote:

Actions speak louder than words and I remember seeing a huge lack of effort on wallace's part. Sometimes not even going after passes that were border line catch-able.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:57 PM   #66
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
Actions speak louder than words and I remember seeing a huge lack of effort on wallace's part. Sometimes not even going after passes that were border line catch-able.
But you should "catch me an muh boy @AntonioBrown84" a munth frum nah on hardwood Heats game"

Ya feel me bruh?

His thugness and social media have warped his peanut-sized brain to a new dimension of terror

Agree to disagree.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #67
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:

Gotta disagree here.

I don't really give much of a flying fuck what Wallace says-- his actions speak much louder than his words.

Holding out for a bigger paycheck you have not earned, and holding the team hostage over it, is not showing us he wants to be here still.

Seeking a top-5 WR contract when you cannot even break 1000 yards receiving is arrogant and not showing us he wants to be here long-term.

Alligator-arming catchable passes and short-arming marginal ones is not showing us he wants to be here.

An inability to run any route other than a post or streak shows us he is not a long term solution.

He cried for more deep passing plays, which our coaching staff caved in to in the second half of the season. The result? We got to watch him put 40 yard passes on the ground instead of 15 yard ones. Or worse, yet, he watched as the defenders intercepted it.

Then, when it becomes clear we are out of the postseason, he decides he does not have to play anymore and sits the game out.

Mike Wallace would make nearly a perfect Raider. He is a trojan horse and a blackhole for big plays.

Haley's offense hinges around getting rid of the ball quicker and a lot of high-opercentage plays. Possession-type receivers are more important to that scheme than deep threats with shoddy hands and bad attitudes. Right now, Brown, Sanders, and Cotchery are more vital to this offense than Wallace.
The Following User Says Thank You to Riddle_Of_Steel For This Useful Post:
sloppyjoe (01-17-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 03:25 PM   #68
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

i agree.
Wallace would make a good fit in Oakland, Baltimore, GB, there's a slew of places. PLENTY of teams will be offering him big money.

He's gone. The team hasn't "said it.." - but they've pretty much "said it..", ya know? We have LOTS and LOTS of things we have to do with some of that money. Actually, we need to be subtracting money.
Wallace = gone. No doubt, no question.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #69
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
Wallace quit on the team. Wallace was given an ideal situation and blew it.

I think Mendenhall's situation was a little different, and is salvageable He was singled out and punished for an offense that he was not the only one guilty of, by any means.

Keep in mind when you are saying Mendy "quit on the team"-- he rushed an 18-month recovery to be back with the team in 12 months. I cannot really blame him for being disgruntled after the way Tomlin treated him.

Mendenhall is not worth big money anymore, and I see no reason to waste an early draft pick to bring in yet another RB when we already have a legit #1 RB on our roster. There is no way we can fill all the holes in this roster if we are drafting a RB int eh 1st round every 3 or 4 years.

I say re-sign Mendy-- his situation is correctable. Wallace on the other hand had all the cards in his hand-- considering that he was jockeying for a contract, he should have had a career season. His best effort got him and the team lots of drops and a one-trick pony.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #70
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
Gotta disagree here.

I don't really give much of a flying fuck what Wallace says-- his actions speak much louder than his words.

Holding out for a bigger paycheck you have not earned, and holding the team hostage over it, is not showing us he wants to be here still.

Seeking a top-5 WR contract when you cannot even break 1000 yards receiving is arrogant and not showing us he wants to be here long-term.

Alligator-arming catchable passes and short-arming marginal ones is not showing us he wants to be here.

An inability to run any route other than a post or streak shows us he is not a long term solution.

He cried for more deep passing plays, which our coaching staff caved in to in the second half of the season. The result? We got to watch him put 40 yard passes on the ground instead of 15 yard ones. Or worse, yet, he watched as the defenders intercepted it.

Then, when it becomes clear we are out of the postseason, he decides he does not have to play anymore and sits the game out.

Mike Wallace would make nearly a perfect Raider. He is a trojan horse and a blackhole for big plays.

Haley's offense hinges around getting rid of the ball quicker and a lot of high-opercentage plays. Possession-type receivers are more important to that scheme than deep threats with shoddy hands and bad attitudes. Right now, Brown, Sanders, and Cotchery are more vital to this offense than Wallace.
and even't if it isn't Haley's offense - I can't stress possession enough - it is a lost commodity around these parts - Hines Ward wasn't the fastest, or even middle of the pack in speed - I actually considred him if not one of, THE slowest receiver in the league - yet, one of the greats. Why? Cause in his prime he MADE separation and the catch happen - not just trying to turn on the burners and get away from separation.

Agree to disagree.