Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #21
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,825 Times in 1,839 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Did Steelers make a rash decision to sign Antonio Brown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhickok View Post
I might also add that Brown made some big plays after initially returning from injury.
I like the big play where he fumbles the ball - I say that jokingly - but yes, just not enough to overcome other players' lack of effort

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:13 PM   #22
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
I just hope they can re-sign Wallace. He had one terrible game vs Cincinatti now everyone hates him.
Wallace has had more than "one bad game". He's been playing lackluster going all the back to 2011. Then came the holdout, which didn't win him many fans. Then he came back, then he proceeded to play miserable in 2012. His constant whining about the offense and the fans combined with his questionable effort on the field turned fans against him.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Edman For This Useful Post:
SteelCity4Life (01-17-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #23
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,132 Times in 2,631 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

i would consider the possibility of re-signing wallace if he didn't punk out of the last game as a 'business decision'. he showed the world that he is not a team player, so i wouldn't even want him for a cheap price. players like that are a cancer on the team

what message would we be sending to the team by paying big bucks to a guy who doesn't give 100%? that it's okay to halfass it because you'll get yours if you have talent? come on man

antonio brown had a down season but you know what, the offense was definitely more affected with brown out than with wallace out. we signed the right guy, wallace can walk his ass out of town
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire Arians For This Useful Post:
SteelCity4Life (01-17-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #24
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Cheerful

Do you people have any idea what #1 receivers make in this league? AB's contract is about right as he is basically a #2. We still need that big posession receiver who can catch balls in traffic. Perhaps Plaxico will come back and fill that role. Who knows?

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #25
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
Do you people have any idea what #1 receivers make in this league? AB's contract is about right as he is basically a #2. We still need that big posession receiver who can catch balls in traffic. Perhaps Plaxico will come back and fill that role. Who knows?
Brown is a #1 receiver how can you not think so?:
Old 01-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #26
Steeler7BR
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
i would consider the possibility of re-signing wallace if he didn't punk out of the last game as a 'business decision'. he showed the world that he is not a team player, so i wouldn't even want him for a cheap price. players like that are a cancer on the team

what message would we be sending to the team by paying big bucks to a guy who doesn't give 100%? that it's okay to halfass it because you'll get yours if you have talent? come on man

antonio brown had a down season but you know what, the offense was definitely more affected with brown out than with wallace out. we signed the right guy, wallace can walk his ass out of town
Give Wallace a break here!!! It's our own fault that we left him out in the dust that way. Of course he's not running into every tackle with a uncertain future. I rather give up a higher contract for Wallace then just be there with Brown after everythings said and done. Or do you honestly make the statement here that Antonio Brown is a better Receiver that Mike Wallce?!?!

Common man he's not. We should have re-signed him for a big long term contract before the season. I rather give up a higher contract for Wallace then just be there with Brown after everythings said and done.

Now I think It's almost necessary to get rid of Wallace because of the situation with Brown. I don't think they're a good #1 and #2 Wide Receiver duo together. I would have made the case to sign Brown as a Slot Receiver and rotating guy for Wallace as our #1 Receiver and a tall #2 we should draft this year. But with that type of money for Brown we can get rid of that idea. So I would say we get rid of Wallace. Make Brown our #1 get a tall #2 this year high in the draft (Round 1or 2) and leave Sanders in the Slot.
Steeler7BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #27
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
I do see Antonio Brown developing into that guy in the coming seasons, although he is not there yet.

However, I think Cotchery fills that role nicely right now.

We would have been better off with Cotchery playing the left side than Mike Wallace. We have won 2 SBs without a speedster receiver, and with Ben throwing to the likes of Nate Washington and Cedric Wilson-- we don't need Wallace. Serve him his walking papers.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #28
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
Brown is a #1 receiver how can you not think so?:
Because that is NOT the role he was asked to play this year. Walace was our #1 WR.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #29
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Cheerful

Sorry, # receivers can go up in traffic and haul down those high passes when they have three players draped on them. Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson types. Brown is too small and not strong enough to fight it out for loose balls. I like him a lot but don't think he is the ultimate #1 type receiver. He is perfect in the slot where #2 receivers play.

He also needs to get his head out and learn to hang onto the ball in traffic. He had at least 3 or 4 boneheaded plays down the stretch that helped us lose games. It wasn't all on Wallace. That fumble on the punt return (or was it a kickoff) against Dallas basically cost us the game that would have put us in the playoffs.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:49 PM   #30
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

Wallace isnt exactly a big/tall guy either.