Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 01-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #41
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,496 Times in 8,550 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Arians Offered Cardinals Job

As I said in that other Arians thread:

Let the "BB to Arizona for Larry Fitzgerald & the 7th overall pick" rumors commence.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #42
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

shit

that was my plan to dump Mr Dink&Dunk
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire Haley For This Useful Post:
defence (01-18-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #43
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,425 Times in 2,732 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

we got a qb that likes to party, it's the drink and drunk offense
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #44
truesteelerfan
Team Captain

Member Number: 11218
My Mood: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
"It's really not," Arians said. "I think it's all about building relationships. Coaching is all about relationships. As long as it's built on trust, loyalty, and respect, anything is possible."

Good quote, eventhough I may never have liked BA as our OC.

Also what was the other interview where he was glad he finally was getting respect or it was nice having it? I'm sure before he got fired he got "disrespected" by the Rooneys after his offensive performance on the Steelers and prior to that.
I don't get this quote as being accurate - I could get B.A. to trust me - I have more loyalty to the Steelers than many players after being a fan for 30+years, so got that covered, I would respect B.A. if he's my boss - but it still won't work out as I'm a 40 year old dude with a old arms, slow legs, and would only be a tiny roadblock for most DL in the league - all heart but no chance - So anything is almost possible - but not always. Guess it's Friday.
truesteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #45
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118
Default ARIANS

Well Bruce is now a head coach. If your a Steeler offensive player what would you be thinking of the front office about now?

Let's break it down.

Your a player who is flourishing under Arians. Mike Wallace had amassed over 2,400 yards under him with 18 TDs the last two years and Antonio Brown has a career year with over 1,100. Ben throws for over 4,000 yards and Mendenhall averages 4.1 yards a carry and 9 TDs. Reman is averaging 4.7 per carry. The offense is 12th in the league.

You hear from the top that Arians is retiring. Then you hear that is not true he has been fired. So you already have been lied to.

Next he in instantly hired by a very good organization to be the OC. Then you see him promoted to Head Coach and flourish.

Now he gets an actual Head Coaching position.

Would you trust in your leadership?

I'm not a big BA fan. I think his biggest problem here was stubborness and arrogance. All he had to do was get better in the red zone which he failed to do. He also needed to develop Ben better in reading defenses.

After a playbook show about the Steelers loss in the Super Bowl to Green Bay I realized that Arians had the game plan in place to win that game and on at least 5 occasions Ben made the wrong read and the wrong throw. And we're talking about easy reads here.

I actually think BA will fail in Arizona, but right now he is riding high and having a good laugh and making the Steelers' front office look a little inept not just to the public but maybe to the actual players themselves.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kingmagyar For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-22-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #46
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,914 Times in 3,691 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: ARIANS

this reminds me very much of the Harbaugh Jealousy thread. Coaches come and go, and when they first get their head coaching job it seems like they've sky-rocketed to the top. Everybody who said they wouldn't be successful is wrong because somebody was willing to give them a job.

When Arians puts together several winning seasons and at least makes it deep into the playoffs a few times, I'll be impressed.

Until then, I'm happy to see him get a chance, and regardless of his record I'm glad he's no longer the offensive coach here in Pittsburgh.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #47
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,113 Times in 3,201 Posts

Arians has emphasized the importance of building a close working relationship with his quarterback, a group that for him included a young Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger ("my other son," Arians said) and last year Andrew Luck.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...zona-cardinals

Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:17 PM   #48
pittpete
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5301

This just in, looks like Arians has been let go already in Arizona.
www.BAsucksevendownsouth.com
Old 01-19-2013, 07:06 AM   #49
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,113 Times in 3,201 Posts

Arians explains why he canned Ray Horton

Horton's defense and Kevin Spencer's special teams were the Cardinals' only functioning parts the past two seasons.

Yet, during the interview process, Arians told the Cardinals he wanted to replace Horton with Bowles, whom he coached at Temple.

That deal should be done quickly, and the Cardinals will start tinkering with something that's not broken.

That might show more guts than wisdom, but team president Michael Bidwill and general manager Steve Keim were open to letting Horton go with one year left on his contract.

"Anytime you hire a new head coach, you want to give him a chance to succeed," Keim said. "If he thinks his best opportunity is by making changes on his coaching staff, I think you have to support him."

Arians called Bowles a great coach, yet the Eagles defense played worse after Bowles replaced Juan Castillo as coordinator at midseason.

In fairness to Bowles, the Eagles had more problems than a coaching change could solve. And keeping Horton was not an option for Arians.

"I've got all the respect in the world for Ray Horton," Arians said. "We were together in Pittsburgh. He's done a great job here. It just needed to be a football team directed by me. And anytime there is carryover, we don't want that as (players) being able to go somewhere else to voice an opinion.

"I didn't want to put Ray in that situation. It's not fair to him."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...orton/1846795/

So the only "fair" option for Horton was for BA to fire him

Fortunately Tomlin did not feel it was necessary to force LeBeau out when Tomlin was hired in order that the defense would not be able to "go somewhere else to voice an opinion."
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #50
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713

BA was a very good hire but I don't agree with him on firing Horton. Especially when the replacement is Bowles.