Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,946 Times in 3,009 Posts
Default Re: Please Get rid of Haley heres why.....

dwyer and redman were hurt all season. messageboard jockeys have no idea how to guage the pain these guys are trying to play through.

due to circumstances, many nfl players play when they have no business even standing on the sidelines.

-see troy polamalu.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #12
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasiton View Post
Hey I have a great idea.Lets run up the middle again.Was this the most non exsplosive steelers offense ever?Todd Haley couldn't keep his head coaching job because of his inaffective offensive game plan.Why would he get to keep his OFF CO job because of it?The steelers don't have a Bettis like back anymore.I mean there were games this year that I literally could call every play the whole game.If I can do that don't you think other teams D Co's can't?Oh wait, they did.In EVERY game this year.I mean PLAIN JANE game plans Haley.Your horrible.I know 12 year olds that call a better game on Maddon than you do.I know the excuse for getting rid of Ariens was that Big Ben got hit too much.
So...when we had Arians-- it was, 'you have to be patient with the running game and force the opposing defense to defend it. Even if the run game does not succeed at first, you must stick to it and be patient'.

Now, the gameplan is too bland?

Some Steelers fans are never happy...

Quote:
Well guess what.We gave up more sacks than last year.Ben had one of the worst injuries he's ever had this year.Statisically our offense was down in almost ever catagory this year.Player by player, all individual statistics were down.Our rushing game has gone from ground and pound, with nice outside speed to OMG predictable.I mean what exactly did Haley bring to the team that gets him anouther year of work with this orginazation?
Well guess what? Prior to the Big Ben injury, our offense was on pace to break records and Ben was having a career season.

No, he did not get sacked more this year than last. He was sacked 30 times this year, as opposed to the 40 times last year.

The run game stunk because look who we had-- an undrafted free agent that was injured to start the season (Redman), a fatass that almost ate his way out of training camp (Dwyer), a wife-beater (Rainey), and a guy who has never had a run longer than 4 yards (Batch).

Quote:
Also.Tomlin.I like you a lot.But, we have missed the playoffs 2 of the past 4 seasons.You need to get it together.This is simply inexcusable from the greatest football orginazation in the world.we aren't the cowboys or dolphins for gods sakes.
Question: were you a fan of the Steelers back in the 1980's? Cowher had some rough years there when Chuck's guys aged out. Missing the playoffs two separate seasons is too much for you? Goddam Steelers fans are spoiled.

Quote:
Watching my Steelers this year was embarassing.
I hear the Jags are looking for a few good fans?

Quote:
Please fire Haley.Don't waste anouther year on a man that doesn't know how to use the personel he has on the field.
I don't know, kiddo. His offense was on pace to break Steelers records until Ben got hurt.

His Kurt Warner-led offense in Arizona almost stole SBXLIII from the jaws of our untouchable defense.

Quote:
That is all for now.
Thank goodness for that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Riddle_Of_Steel For This Useful Post:
Plasiton (01-19-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 10:43 AM   #13
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,455 Times in 4,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
dwyer and redman were hurt all season. messageboard jockeys have no idea how to guage the pain these guys are trying to play through.

due to circumstances, many nfl players play when they have no business even standing on the sidelines.

-see troy polamalu.
That's not really an excuse. Arian Foster, Shady McCoy and Matt Forte were all playing hurt this season too and they actually contributed to their teams. Adrian Peterson broke 2000 yards almost to the day in which he tore his ACL.

The difference? Those are good backs. We don't know what it's like to have a good RB.

Last edited by SteelersCanada; 01-18-2013 at 11:02 AM.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
Plasiton (01-19-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #14
Plasiton
Water Boy

Member Number: 24735

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Sounds like a good plan to me

Haley sucks balls. And I will personally make a bet with anyone that we miss out on the playoff's next season again, specifically because of a lackluster offense.

Hi Terminator.
Actually if we follow suit we will make it to, and win or lose the super bowl next year.if you look back at the past 9 years.We go like this.We finish 3rd in the division and don't make the playoffs.Then we have 2 good years.Usually get to the SuperBowl.Then we finish third again.So next year should be good,and either next or the following year we will get to the SuperBowl.But Haley throws a wrench in it.We shall see.
Plasiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #15
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Please let's not fire Haley...I will say it again...

BB playing like and MVP, we are sitting pretty and in line to make the playoffs and possibly win the division and BB gets hurt. We regress BUT still beat Baltimore in Baltimore, BB returns, he's different, we lose games we shoudln't and we don't make the playoffs.

Haley has nothing to do with BB's BS interceptions, and make no mistake, those INT's cost us the playoffs. It was Haley's 1st year, let's see how next year goes. I mean, who are we? The freakin Cleveland Clowns??? Change coaches every year that soemthing doesn't go the way the fan base thinks it should???! NO!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to austinfrench76 For This Useful Post:
Plasiton (01-19-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 11:39 AM   #16
Plasiton
Water Boy

Member Number: 24735
Default Well now that I have some material to work with....

Ok I didn't mean to start a same old same old.
Our running backs are middle of the pack at best.But it was Haley that wouldn't leave well enough alone, and stick with one guy.All running backs need reps to get going.Over the course of a game, and a season.Haley would have a different back in, every down.Not letting any of them get into the role of starter, and leader of the rb core.the few times he did.We got a back to run for 100 yards or close.Yes Rashard was hurt for half the season, and worthless the other half.But we have 4 other backs Pick one.Go with it.By the way if the "backs aren't fast enough to hit the outside" then you screen, pitch,or overload that side with blockers.Or screen more to you WR's.Seamed to work pretty well last year doing it that way.

We have arguably the best 3 or 4 man corp of recievers (including the TE), in the entire league.Use them.Haley has no idea what to do with that much talent and it went to waist for most of the season.If it wasn't for the talent of said recievers Ben wouldn't of had any yards.They had to pickup all their yardage of of 3 and 4 yard dink and dunk crud.Oh I know.There were a few tosses down the field.Also the recievers dropped too many balls as well.But Haley is a joke when it comes to game planning.Except fo Miller the passing game was terrible.

I am not some 16 year old.I am 40.Sat with my uncles and mom and dad through the 70' & 80's.The best of times , the worst of times.The 90's were better.Not great.We had a payed off Super Bowl loss in 95, that tore my heart out.AND YES I do think Neil was payed.You can think what you want.this has been the best decade of Steelers football since the 70's.I appreciate that.But we have taken a back seat to the PATS for 10 years, and now we are getting (even in the good years) owned by the RAVENS for the past 3 or 4 years.By the way I live in Baltimore now.ARRRGH.
I do expect better, and more consistancy EVERY year.Not every 2 or 3 years.Period.
It is because of this I don't want to see anouther 10 year SuperBoewl drout.

The defense is going to get old waiting on this slow, predictable offense to figure out what the heck they are doing.By the way I didn't say Ben got sacked more, I said the team gave up more sacksAnd actually it might be tied with last year.
We need Players at every posistion on the team.Backup QB,2nd TE,solid 4th WR that can actually do KR's and PR's.We still need more good O linemen.
On Defense we need Linemen, LB's, CB's, and Safeties that can stay healthy.
We need Turnovers.Thats the only thing I can say about that is truely bad.We aren't getting Turnovers or Sacks.That needs to change.

The Steelers need to get better in all facets of the game.That is all.TY.
Plasiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #17
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727
Default Re: Well now that I have some material to work with....

Quote:
Ok I didn't mean to start a same old same old.
Our running backs are middle of the pack at best.But it was Haley that wouldn't leave well enough alone, and stick with one guy.All running backs need reps to get going.Over the course of a game, and a season.Haley would have a different back in, every down.Not letting any of them get into the role of starter, and leader of the rb core.the few times he did.We got a back to run for 100 yards or close.Yes Rashard was hurt for half the season, and worthless the other half.But we have 4 other backs Pick one.Go with it.By the way if the "backs aren't fast enough to hit the outside" then you screen, pitch,or overload that side with blockers.Or screen more to you WR's.Seamed to work pretty well last year doing it that way.
Honestly, I think this one is on Tomlin.

Quote:
We have arguably the best 3 or 4 man corp of recievers (including the TE), in the entire league.Use them.Haley has no idea what to do with that much talent and it went to waist for most of the season.If it wasn't for the talent of said recievers Ben wouldn't of had any yards.They had to pickup all their yardage of of 3 and 4 yard dink and dunk crud.Oh I know.There were a few tosses down the field.Also the recievers dropped too many balls as well.But Haley is a joke when it comes to game planning.Except fo Miller the passing game was terrible.
No, it wasn't. Ben was being mentioned in MVP conversations and our offense was on pace to break franchise records.

Haley cannot make the receivers catch the ball. Brown had an off-year, and Wallace just plain stinks as anything other than a post runner. But either way, prior to the Ben injury, this offesne was rolling. It only neeeded to work on its red zone success rate some.

Quote:
The defense is going to get old waiting on this slow, predictable offense to figure out what the heck they are doing.
Actually, since the offense was 2nd in ToP, the offense was doing EVERYTHING it should to keep the defense fresh and to help them out. Couldn't be farther from the truth.

Quote:
By the way I didn't say Ben got sacked more, I said the team gave up more sacksAnd actually it might be tied with last year.
And you are still wrong. 40 sacks is still more than 30.

The only one area where I think we can honestly blame Haley-- is that his offensive scheme this year was built entirely around Big ben's skillset. He had no contingency plan for if Ben got hurt.

Leftwich and Batch are two completely different types of QBs from Ben. When he got hurt, they were not ready to have the backup QB come in and take over. We need to draft or find some backup QBs that are more similar to Ben's skuillset, so we can expect them to maintain the gameplan if they have to fill in, instead of having to throw out the whole playbook as a result.
The Following User Says Thank You to Riddle_Of_Steel For This Useful Post:
Plasiton (01-19-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #18
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,082 Times in 2,604 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

cool story bro!
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire Arians For This Useful Post:
Plasiton (01-19-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #19
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,763 Times in 1,802 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Haley will be here.

You mad bro? lol

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
Plasiton (01-19-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #20
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,048 Times in 418 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

i keep telling myself to stay away from SF until our next win.....why cant i

haleys off. was working well until ben got hurt and we had to mix and match our o-line.
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vasteeler For This Useful Post:
Plasiton (01-19-2013)