Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 08-16-2006, 09:37 PM   #1
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304
Default Time To Go On The Offense?

I don't know how it can be clearer than this
By Cal Thomas
Saturday, August 12, 2006

In one of the clearest statements made in a sometimes anonymous war on terrorism, President Bush said Thursday about the alleged attempt to hijack multiple flights from Britain to the United States: ?this nation is at war with Islamic fascists.? The question is, are we fighting the war aggressively on American and British soil, or are we merely playing defense? Defense, alone, does not win football games; neither can it win a war against islamofascism.

Many in the British media and some ?experts? appearing on American and British television remain steeped in denial, preferring ?Asian men? and ?evil people? and other disembodied terms to describe the islamofascists, hoping not to give ?offense? and make ?them? (whoever ?them? may be) even angrier at us. If they are already angry enough to attempt to blow up airlines and commit mass murder, how much angrier could they possibly get? British Prime Minister Tony Blair pledged to shut down certain mosques and deport ?preachers of hate? following last summer?s subway and bus bombing in London. The legal maneuverings of civil libertarians and the organized protests by Muslim groups have frustrated Blair. Less than a week before the arrest of some of the alleged airplane plotters, Blair stepped up his offensive by announcing his intention to deport dozens of Islamic extremists (it should be thousands). The Bank of England said it had frozen the bank accounts of the four men suspected of carrying out the July 21, 2005 London bombings amid allegations they had collected more than 500,000 pounds ($892,000) in benefits.

Blair said, ?Let no one be in any doubt, the rules of the game are changing.? They changed a long time ago, but British courts haven?t learned how to ?play? by the new rules. They remain ? as do too many American courts ? mired in a 1960s civil liberties mentality. They have ruled anti-terrorism laws illegal and stopped deportation to countries where they fear people might receive ?inhumane treatment.? You can?t get more inhumane than blowing up subway trains, buses and airplanes. British and American courts have an outdated approach to law, increasing the likelihood that more of us will be murdered.

It is long past the time when we need to start ?playing? the equivalent of smash-mouth football with these people. They?ve got our number, but we don?t yet have theirs. The British are still shocked that people who are born in their country, go to their schools, have British accents and eat fish and chips would kill their fellow Brits. They do so because their allegiance is not to Britain, or to the Queen, but rather to their perverted view of God and the instructions from the hate preachers telling them to go bag some Jews, Christians, Westerners and other ?infidels.?

Health officials respond to plagues by isolation and eradication. Their objective is not only to control the spread of a disease, but also to kill it so it won?t infect others. If that is an effective method for combating a plague, why is it not also a good strategy for combating the islamofascist plague?

This isn?t about ?civil rights? and constitutional protection. These people use our Constitution to protect themselves so they can kill us. And this is decidedly not a game. It is life and death. We want to live and they want us dead. Any questions?

If the London bombing plot had succeeded and thousands had died, would we stop playing defense and be more aggressive on offense? The FBI?s chief of counterterrorism, Joseph Billy Jr., says the bureau is currently investigating 10,000 terrorism cases in the United States, Afghanistan, Iraq and other places. Is that frightening enough to be proactive? If not, would a nuclear device, or the threat of several nuclear devices exploding in major American cities do it?

As Blair struggles to do the right thing by deporting at least some islamofascists and silencing a few preachers of hate, why aren?t we Americans shutting their Waahabi-funded schools and mosques and deporting those who preach hate, sedition, Sharia law for all and the overthrow of the government? We had better overthrow them before they overthrow us. Who can doubt their ultimate objective
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:59 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,827 Times in 2,092 Posts
Default Re: Time To Go On The Offense?

i love how war is now being compared to the game of football.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:01 PM   #3
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

No kidding but in this politically correct world we live in you are not suppose to say what I would which is.............Make a parking lot out of raghead country. And get them all to hell out of our country!~
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:12 PM   #4
CAH
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 2409

It's Islamic Season
CAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:26 PM   #5
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Member Number: 1580

I don't know. The author seems pretty unclear to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn
I don't know how it can be clearer than this
By Cal Thomas
Saturday, August 12, 2006

If the London bombing plot had succeeded and thousands had died, would we stop playing defense and be more aggressive on offense? The FBI?s chief of counterterrorism, Joseph Billy Jr., says the bureau is currently investigating 10,000 terrorism cases in the United States, Afghanistan, Iraq and other places. Is that frightening enough to be proactive? If not, would a nuclear device, or the threat of several nuclear devices exploding in major American cities do it?
Take that paragraph for example. He is decrying that we are only playing "defense." Yet he is acknowledging that the UK and US used combined reources to stop an awful terrorist plot. How could we have stopped this attack if we weren't being proactive? Isn't that the very definition of proactive?

He then contradicts himself with the next 2 lines again. He cites that the FBI is investigating 10,000 terrorist cases around the world. Doesn't that indicate we are being proactive?

Bejamin Franklin said "The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either."

Thats admittedly oversimplifiying the issue, but I do think we need to not let our fear of an enemy let us compromise our Constitution. I do think that some people in government would (with the best of intentions) be willing to take away someof our Constitutional rights in order to protect us. Its a tricky balance. But one of the costs of liberty is that we can't prevent all evil. There aren't many drug dealers in Bejing, but at what cost?
Old 08-16-2006, 10:45 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,827 Times in 2,092 Posts

the whole article seemed to be ambiguous and written for the sake of getting something in by a deadline.

the biggest guffaw and most notable point i saw was actually comparing the war on terrorism to a football game when people now frown upon a game being compared to war.

personally i wouldnt care if the radical islams and their land were turned into nuclear testing grounds. but we better look to a different administration and party cause jr. and sr. have proven they cant (or wont) get the job done.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:56 PM   #7
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
the whole article seemed to be ambiguous and written for the sake of getting something in by a deadline.

the biggest guffaw and most notable point i saw was actually comparing the war on terrorism to a football game when people now frown upon a game being compared to war.

personally i wouldnt care if the radical islams and their land were turned into nuclear testing grounds. but we better look to a different administration and party cause jr. and sr. have proven they cant (or wont) get the job done.

Lord forbid the necessary actions to solve the problems of radicals (of any kind) be taken,.....the thought of upsetting the jealous, bleeding heart and useless U.N. would be unbearable. Sacrificing all of humanity pales in comparison to "hurting someone's feelings" and or financial alliances.

"Hail Caesar,....Hail the Black and Gold"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:02 PM   #8
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Member Number: 1580

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76
Lord forbid the necessary actions to solve the problems of radicals (of any kind) be taken,.....the thought of upsetting the jealous, bleeding heart and useless U.N. would be unbearable. Sacrificing all of humanity pales in comparison to "hurting someone's feelings" and or financial alliances.

"Hail Caesar,....Hail the Black and Gold"
So was stopping the London plane bombing an example of us cowtowing to islamic terrorists? I don't get it.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:07 PM   #9
BlacknGold Bleeder
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1254

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
I don't think this administration can be blamed for not trying. With the handcuffs that are placed on them by everybody worried about infringing on other people's rights, it's a damn near impossible job. What about our right to live without fear ebing a target. I'll step down off the soapbox for now ...
Old 08-16-2006, 11:26 PM   #10
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk Believer
So was stopping the London plane bombing an example of us cowtowing to islamic terrorists? I don't get it.

I said nothing of us Cowtowing to islamic terrorists. I'm saying "Don't let the smooth taste fool you" EVERYTHING,.... with ANYONE in power has to do with retaining that power,.. or the accuisition of more. So it's pointless for us to dicuss such matters,....from a perspective of what's necessary.

"Hail Caesar,.....Hail the Black and Gold"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote