Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-17-2006, 04:05 AM   #11
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Time To Go On The Offense?

Going on 'Offense' means lowering ourselves to the level of the terrorists.

This means closing down places of worship for a particular religion - there is no such thing as an extremist Muslim - only a Muslim right?

They are all the same underneath, and should all be treated as potential terrorists.

The only sane thing to do would be to deport everyone from the UK and US who looks a bit Muslim into a 'quarantine' country such as Afghanistan - and then nuke it.

Do I hear the ref call TOUCHDOWN?

NM

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 08-17-2006 at 04:31 AM.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:20 AM   #12
j-dawg
Team Captain

Member Number: 2228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn
No kidding but in this politically correct world we live in you are not suppose to say what I would which is.............Make a parking lot out of raghead country. And get them all to hell out of our country!~

yikes. do you really think we should just nuke the middle east? if so, you need
Old 08-17-2006, 11:53 AM   #13
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dawg
Never thought i'd agree with a Brown's fan.
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:22 PM   #14
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dawg

The madness in the Middle East has all of us frustrated and concerned. To answer your question, No, I do not want anyone to be "nuked." if our government has even a modicum of concern left for our country's welfare it will quietly but firmly let all countries invovled right now, to knock it off. After all, this adventure could be a disaster for them as well. It is one of many major interests we have in the region. We cannot win them all. In the long run, there has to be an international rule of law that governs nukes everywhere. Pending that, MADness is likely to reign, in the Middle East as elsewhere.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:20 PM   #15
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn
In the long run, there has to be an international rule of law that governs nukes everywhere.
From my knowledge, this already exists. However, we (the US) were the only ones not abiding by the law. This is when other countries began following the same path. If it doesn't apply to us, why should other countries feel limited by it?
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:41 PM   #16
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by klick81
From my knowledge, this already exists. However, we (the US) were the only ones not abiding by the law. This is when other countries began following the same path. If it doesn't apply to us, why should other countries feel limited by it?
I have tried to address this problem numerous times.

The 'holier than thou' act used by the USA and UK is reliant upon the Irans of this world holding their hands up and admitting, that yes, they are bad guys and shouldn't be trusted with Nukes.

I can't understand how they hope to convince a nation of people and its Government that they are less capable of commisioning a nuclear program that the countries that currently have it, no matter what our own personal thoughts are on the subject.

If the US and UK seriously expect countries to move away from the nuclear bomb (countries such as India and Pakistan - who wouldnt be adverse to using them on each other) then they need to make a move in that direction first.

Its up to someone to show some leadership and show the way - 'do as I say and not as I do' doesn't fly after you reach your teenage years.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 03:31 PM   #17
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by klick81

Becuase we are the daddy! We are #1! The US and the Steelers have alot in common....We are both the biggest and the baddest in the World!

Litp- Thats all you ever come with! I can only hope that when you do have children, that you will wise up.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:39 PM   #18
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Member Number: 1580

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76
I said nothing of us Cowtowing to islamic terrorists. I'm saying "Don't let the smooth taste fool you" EVERYTHING,.... with ANYONE in power has to do with retaining that power,.. or the accuisition of more. So it's pointless for us to dicuss such matters,....from a perspective of what's necessary.

"Hail Caesar,.....Hail the Black and Gold"
My bad. I misread your post as relating directly to the article. You have a very distinctive style to your writing and sometimes your posts seem full of mystic riddles to me... Kinda like Yoda or or something.

I am truly interested in your perspective. Do you think that the US/UK has not eradicated radical terrosists because they don't have the guts or because you think that they benefit and are more powerful with the status quo?
Old 08-17-2006, 07:45 PM   #19
j-dawg
Team Captain

Member Number: 2228

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustashark
Becuase we are the daddy! We are #1! The US and the Steelers have alot in common....We are both the biggest and the baddest in the World!

Litp- Thats all you ever come with! I can only hope that when you do have children, that you will wise up.

actually... if you were to look at the US as a "parental" figure... i think the US would be viewed more like a dead beat dad.

it's cut back on college education...
http://money.cnn.com/2005/12/22/pf/c...oans/index.htm

health insurance for the young...
http://dir.salon.com/story/news/feat.../index_np.html

and the "no child left behind" program has been criticized for doing just that...
http://www.post-gazette.com/localnew...nclb1217p3.asp
Old 08-17-2006, 10:02 PM   #20
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

What I don't ubnderstand is, Terrorism just didn't come along on 9/11. Terrorism has been around for many many years. And if we were to go on the offense, how do we get rid of them? Are all terrorists wearing unis that say Terrorist on them,? And you think we should just level Baghdad into a parking lot? Or just kill every Islamic person? They are not all bad people. There is, whether you want to believe it or not, innocent people there also. If we do anything that some of you stated, we are no better than Hitler killing all the Jews. We need to find a way out of the Middle East. tThere will never be total peace over there, never was, they always hated us and they always will.

Last edited by Stlrs4Life; 08-18-2006 at 05:35 PM.
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote