Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-22-2013, 07:25 PM   #1
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Texas: Shooting-du-jour

Two citizens today defended themselves from each other by shooting three other people who had nothing to do with either of them. God bless America.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21153340
Old 01-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,407 Times in 1,650 Posts
Default Re: Texas: Shooting-du-jour

I thought gun free zones were going to stop this kind of thing.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
ricardisimo
Administrator

Are you suggesting that there's a single square inch of Texas that is gun-free?
Old 01-22-2013, 09:56 PM   #4
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,773 Times in 2,668 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Are you suggesting that there's a single square inch of Texas that is gun-free?
Not just gun free - also knife and "club" free

It is the policy of this System to prohibit the carrying of firearms, knives and clubs onto any of the System's facilities,” the college’s weapons policy states. “The possession of firearms, illegal knives and prohibited knives on System facilities including parking areas and publicly accessed facilities

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2980844/posts

Any word on whether the right to bear clubs is protected under the 2nd Amendment?

Clubs don't kill people - people kill people
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #5
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,966 Times in 3,375 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Not just gun free - also knife and "club" free

It is the policy of this System to prohibit the carrying of firearms, knives and clubs onto any of the System's facilities,” the college’s weapons policy states. “The possession of firearms, illegal knives and prohibited knives on System facilities including parking areas and publicly accessed facilities

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2980844/posts

Any word on whether the right to bear clubs is protected under the 2nd Amendment?

Clubs don't kill people - people kill people
ovens don't bake food - people bake food
Old 01-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #6
ricardisimo
Administrator

Hyperbole doesn't stretch the truth... people stretch the truth.

Actually my favorite is still Laurie Anderson's version: "It's not the bullet that kills you... It's the hole." Sheer genius.
harrison'samonster (01-22-2013)
Old 01-23-2013, 12:53 AM   #7
BlaZeQuietly
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

This just proves that having armed guards at schools are not going to make them safer. I am very political and I appreciate the Obama administration's efforts, and the efforts locally here in NY to limit the number of rounds allowed in clips, It's nice that they are trying but this problem is horrible, and was ignored for far too long. Limiting clip sizes, banning ar-14's, all these ideas are too little too late, our streets are already flooded with guns, and criminals are going to continue to get their hands on them, legal or not, unfortunately I'm afraid we will see plenty more mass shootings with no end in sight. The tragedy in newtown really woke me up to this. that sick bastard who shot all the 6 and 7 year olds is so despicable it makes me want to vomit.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:27 AM   #8
ricardisimo
Administrator

People really have to stop tossing the word "criminal" around as if it is meaningful or informative. Criminality is ex post facto, just like "bad" or "wrong"... the term is useless ahead of time. What you can spot ahead of time, every time, is the fact that guns are designed to kill, and they do so rather efficiently, as the headlines can attest. Sometimes you can spot sick people, and that can be helpful. But it's not always all that clear, and often these are just bored, stupid kids.

The Second Amendment needs to be repealed. No other way around this problem. If it guaranteed the right to bioweapons or nukes and people were getting killed by these at similar rates as guns, this would be a no-brainer. But thanks to Hollywood we just can't give these fucking things up.

P.S. - And for the record, I don't see that it doesn't guarantee the right to nukes. It doesn't say "small arms", it just says "arms". ICBMs are "arms". Why can't I have one? I need to be able to "defend" myself.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:35 AM   #9
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,076 Times in 2,097 Posts
My Mood: Innocent

What you have to realize is that people who are pro-gun (in this context) is that they are not are not pro-gun for the protection the gun provides or for any thought of a cost/benefit analysis. They are simply pro-gun for the wood the gun provides them. So they shrug off the deaths. It's the badass nature of the weapon that makes the woody so good.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #10
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,407 Times in 1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
This just proves that having armed guards at schools are not going to make them safer. I am very political and I appreciate the Obama administration's efforts, and the efforts locally here in NY to limit the number of rounds allowed in clips, It's nice that they are trying but this problem is horrible, and was ignored for far too long. Limiting clip sizes, banning ar-14's, all these ideas are too little too late, our streets are already flooded with guns, and criminals are going to continue to get their hands on them, legal or not, unfortunately I'm afraid we will see plenty more mass shootings with no end in sight. The tragedy in newtown really woke me up to this. that sick bastard who shot all the 6 and 7 year olds is so despicable it makes me want to vomit.
Banning ar14's should be easy since there is no such thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
People really have to stop tossing the word "criminal" around as if it is meaningful or informative. Criminality is ex post facto, just like "bad" or "wrong"... the term is useless ahead of time. What you can spot ahead of time, every time, is the fact that guns are designed to kill, and they do so rather efficiently, as the headlines can attest. Sometimes you can spot sick people, and that can be helpful. But it's not always all that clear, and often these are just bored, stupid kids.

The Second Amendment needs to be repealed. No other way around this problem. If it guaranteed the right to bioweapons or nukes and people were getting killed by these at similar rates as guns, this would be a no-brainer. But thanks to Hollywood we just can't give these fucking things up.

P.S. - And for the record, I don't see that it doesn't guarantee the right to nukes. It doesn't say "small arms", it just says "arms". ICBMs are "arms". Why can't I have one? I need to be able to "defend" myself.

Should the 1st amendment be repealed since there was no such thing as phones, tv's, internet, telegraphs, social media, msnbc when it was written?

Show me one walmart I can walk into and buy a nuke, grenade, rpg.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote