Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,678 Times in 1,590 Posts
Default Bill Belichick stiffs CBS after the game

Bill Belichick stiffs CBS after the game, Shannon Sharpe rips him for being poor loser

Quote:
New England coach Bill Belichick doesn't handle losing all too well, and he blew off CBS' customary postgame interview with the coach of the losing team after the AFC championship game.
CBS analyst Shannon Sharpe wasn't impressed and called him out for it with some harsh comments.

"There's something to be said about being gracious in defeat," Sharpe said on CBS' postgame show. "We've seen the New England Patriots five times in the last 12 years be victorious [in the AFC championship game). We've seen the opposing coaches who lost come out and talk to our Steve Tasker. Coach [Bill] Cowher did it when they lost to them, we saw this last week.
"Bill Belichick makes it real easy for you to root against the Patriots. You can't be a poor sport all the time. You're not going to win all the time, and he does this every time he loses. It's unacceptable."
[Also: Florio: Where will Alex Smith land next season?]
Those are strong words from Sharpe, but it's tough to argue. There are certain unpleasant commitments that come with being an NFL head coach, and a certain class that should be displayed in defeat. Granting an interview that coaches are expected to give after big playoff losses, including Super Bowls, to a television partner that pays a big percentage of the NFL's bills is part of that.
Instead of Belichick, CBS was given Patriots safety Devin McCourty to talk to after the game. While McCourty handled himself like a professional and praised the Ravens, that's far from a fair trade. Belichick could have stood up and answered fair questions about why he decided to punt at the Ravens' 35-yard line and later the Ravens' 34 in two instances of a very conservative approach, and also how the Patriots mismanaged the clock at the end of the first half and missed out on taking a shot at the end zone before kicking a field goal.
Belichick has a history of acting like this after losses, most notably walking off the field with a second left in Super Bowl XLII against the Giants, a move that made him look like a sore loser. We'll see if NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has a fine waiting for Belichick after he stiff-armed CBS following this loss.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...9666--nfl.html

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #2
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713
Default Re: Bill Belichick stiffs CBS after the game

This is so hypocritical. Jim Harbaugh didn't give Fox an interview either and he WON. No one is talking about that.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
CanuckCurtain
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5020

doesnt suprize me with belichick....cant say i would want to watch the interview anyways...i seen a few now and is it just me or is he a robot...so friggen monotone and boring...couldnt stand listening
CanuckCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
Blackout
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 20509

First of all, fuck Shannon Sharpe.

Secondly, so a losing coach doesn't want to be interviewed in a post game interview at the AFC championship game?

Why is that surprising? What's he going to say "Well we need to go next season and work on this and that" blah blah. And shouldn't the focus be on the winning team here?

Belicheck had some nice things to say to Harbaugh after the loss, in person. It's not like he blew Harbaugh off, if he did, yeah that's poor sportsmanship.

"Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings
Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #5
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

belichick does not follow the PC train that everyone has come to expect coaches to follow. I find it very refreshing!
Old 01-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #6
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,583 Times in 2,794 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

the losers shouldn't have to interview unless they really want to. who wants to talk to the media after you just been eliminated so close to the goal? i sure as shit wouldn't.
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire Arians For This Useful Post:
Blackout (01-21-2013)
Old 01-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #7
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,127 Times in 3,755 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

just read a brief article that Harbaugh has nothing but good to say about how Bellichik acted during their handshake at the end of the game. He said Bellichik was very classy
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #8
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,678 Times in 1,590 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
the losers shouldn't have to interview unless they really want to. who wants to talk to the media after you just been eliminated so close to the goal? i sure as shit wouldn't.
as the article said , CBS paid huge money to televise the game. interviews with players and coaches are also included. i for one wanted to wallow in belepricks misery while i listen to him explain his piss poor clock management and decisions... i had zero interest in what the winner had to say because my only interest in this game was that there was going to be a loser....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #9
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,127 Times in 3,755 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
as the article said , CBS paid huge money to televise the game. interviews with players and coaches are also included. i for one wanted to wallow in belepricks misery while i listen to him explain his piss poor clock management and decisions... i had zero interest in what the winner had to say because my only interest in this game was that there was going to be a loser....
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #10
pittfan88
Water Boy

Member Number: 24739

Fuck bill and tom brady hope they go butt fuck each other
pittfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote