Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #191
BallSoHard
Water Boy

Member Number: 24741
Default Re: Rats Vs. Cheats game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
well they were wrong then weren't they
You.

You I like.

A mutual respect for the works of the great Mel Brooks can bridge some gaps.
BallSoHard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BallSoHard For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-21-2013)
Old 01-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #192
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,967 Times in 3,376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
You.

You I like.

A mutual respect for the works of the great Mel Brooks can bridge some gaps.
yeah, it's hard to imagine that we could all be great friends. I think we all have too many bad experiences dealing with other teams fans. I mean some guy got his throat slashed after the Atlanta game this weekend!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #193
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

Quote:
yeah, I think you're one of the better Ravens fans who post on here. "Respectfully" is the key word there. And it's hard to find that sometimes even with fellow fans on the internet.
Oh sure, the internet is just crazy! But you can forgive people for assuming the worst as soon as they see an opposing fan on their forum.

It is a pretty good way to keep up with your opponents. On some level, the comments about Ravens being here as "pathetic" or "jealous" are on to something. I don't think it goes quite that far, but if you are real Ravens fan, you probably care a little bit about what's going on with the Steelers. Too many close, tough, important games, too much good football.

I don't know how many times I've watched a Steelers game, late in the season against us or somebody else, really needing you guys to lose and watch Ben pull off some frickin' miracle, pushing a linebacker into the dirt and finding some guy open like 47 seconds after the snap. But whether it turns out your way or not, that's what keeps you watching.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #194
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
Oh sure, the internet is just crazy! But you can forgive people for assuming the worst as soon as they see an opposing fan on their forum.

It is a pretty good way to keep up with your opponents. On some level, the comments about Ravens being here as "pathetic" or "jealous" are on to something. I don't think it goes quite that far, but if you are real Ravens fan, you probably care a little bit about what's going on with the Steelers. Too many close, tough, important games, too much good football.

I don't know how many times I've watched a Steelers game, late in the season against us or somebody else, really needing you guys to lose and watch Ben pull off some frickin' miracle, pushing a linebacker into the dirt and finding some guy open like 47 seconds after the snap. But whether it turns out your way or not, that's what keeps you watching.
both these teams push each other, and the games against each other are the best of the year. I'll tell you one thing, it was kind of a shock watching them without Ward playing. I think you guys will be feeling similar next year without Lewis playing.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #195
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

Quote:
both these teams push each other, and the games against each other are the best of the year. I'll tell you one thing, it was kind of a shock watching them without Ward playing. I think you guys will be feeling similar next year without Lewis playing.
Yeah it sucks watching the great ones go. But at least you got to see them. Imagine being a Browns fan, and I don't say that lightly after we took their team from them. Those guys are pretty freaking hard-core and have had very little to cheer for in a long time.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #196
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
Yeah it sucks watching the great ones go. But at least you got to see them. Imagine being a Browns fan, and I don't say that lightly after we took their team from them. Those guys are pretty freaking hard-core and have had very little to cheer for in a long time.
oh yeah, my brother's a browns fan and a couple ppl I work with are Browns fans. I don't know how they keep coming back to that team year after year.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #197
BallSoHard
Water Boy

Member Number: 24741

Quote:
yeah, it's hard to imagine that we could all be great friends. I think we all have too many bad experiences dealing with other teams fans. I mean some guy got his throat slashed after the Atlanta game this weekend!
I think we can all agree that is taking fandom too far.

(Patiently waits for Ray Lewis stabbing joke)
BallSoHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #198
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,809 Times in 2,684 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
I think we can all agree that is taking fandom too far.
No way - In Atlanta the post-game stabbings and shootings are as much a part of the game day atmosphere as tailgating
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #199
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

I am one of the few who does not think Ray actually killed anyone. But I think only the most biased would not admit that he knows more than he ever admitted to and had reasons to obstruct the case. One his suit was never found, coincidence I think not. The fact that the limo driver testified on stand that Ray told everyone to keep their mouths shut is damning as well. Ray would not roll on his boys (whether out of loyalty or fear I do not know), but its pretty obvious that he knows more than he ever told, and his God fearing act and his pre-game ritual is just sickening. I dont have to like him, and I will not even bring him up in conversations until someone starts about what a great ambassador of the game he is. He is one of the top five LBers of all time ,I would rank him right behind LTaylor, but I think pretty much the same of both of them, SCUM.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #200
CTSxViper
Banned

Member Number: 20864

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhickok View Post
Ray Lewis is.old news he just hasnt realized it yet. No one will miss him when he is gone. I really hope he loses the Super Bowl. When I say HE I mean I hope HE gets flagged for a personal foul or blows a tackle or something that costs the Ravens the game.

Btw thats Ray Lewis' second helmet to helmet in 2 weeks. The Ravens are nothing but murderous thugs.
lol, sure... Your team getting scared of him eh? The Ravens can easily handle the Steelers now. You pose no threat to anyone. Even Harrison is slow and sluggish at best. Troy is old news.. Who do you really have anymore to make your team even mediocre?
CTSxViper is offline   Reply With Quote