Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #51
Steelers>NFL
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 15311
Default Re: Got to root for Ravens over Niners

Quote:
Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
1) Never root for the Ravens.

2) There are lots of likeable 49ers players, e.g. Patrick Willis.

3) Tieing the Steelers in SB wins means little to me. Being the best frachise or not is not only measured by SB wins anyway.

4) Never root for the Ravens.
Took words right out of my mouth. I could care less if SF ties Pitts. in total SB wins.
It's not like it is the Cowgirls, Raiders or Ravens will tie them. Now that would suck.
So I am rooting hard for SF to send Ray Ray into promise land a loser.
Steelers>NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #52
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 1,327 Times in 637 Posts

I have a feeling that the Ravens are going to win smh
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #53
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
So do I unfortunately.

All Im going to say is that it could be argued that this "post season" for the Ravens is "good for the ratings".
Old 01-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #54
VictoryFormation
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20598

No way that I could root for the Ravens to win the Super Bowl, no matter what. If I was at the game, and the Ravens were about to score the game-winning touch down, I would run out onto the field, grab the football off the line, and run away with it until security finally tackled me, and put me away.

VictoryFormation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #55
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620

Are the Ratbirds in the Super Bowl? Who cares? Didn't watch the game because it was two douchebag teams that I hate with a passion. I hope someone knocks Ray Lewis into next week and the 49ers win by 5 TDs. Will never root for Ratbirds. It is the Steelers own fault that the 49ers are possibly going to make it to 6 before we got to 7. Should have beaten Green Bay and Dallas both. May the Steelers be the first team to 7. Eff the Ratbirds and the bus they rode in on. I will never ever root for them.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #56
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,157 Posts

The enemy of my enemy is my friend

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #57
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
No way the Ratbirds will win. That defense is going to knock unibrow into next week. Doesn't matter what their defense does. Flacco will be on his backo so much he will never be able to even get a pass away. The Ratbirds are totally outmatched in this one. Not even close. Unless there is a conspiracy and the refs let the Ratbirds win so Ray Lewis can go out on a winning note. I sure hope not. There were some horrendous non-calls in that Atlanta game yesterday. No way the 49ers should be in it. Didn't watch the other game. Had no desire to watch them. The only reason I am going to watch the Super Bowl is a good friend of mine who is a 49er fan (no accounting for taste) is having a Super Bowl party. PARTY, PARTY, PARTY. Who cares who wins. I hope they play to a tie that they can never break. Game goes on for hours and hours and hours and never ends. So they make the Harbaugh brothers go out in a cage match to break the tie. Oh well, it was a good thought any way.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #58
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

I will never root for the Ravens... 49ers all the way!!!

In fact I hope the Ravens lose on a last second FG...by a horrible 49ers kicker. That way it will hurt 10X as much as the likely ass whoopin they are about to receive.

I see it this way... the Ravens are a product of consistency and discipline on the field... they've got strength and a couple playmakers on both sides to win games because the other guy is likely to make more mistakes. They win with experience and consistency.

Against a team like NE - they can win it because the only way to beat brady is to be disciplined and mistake free....... against a team like the 49ers with brute force in the trenches and explosive speed by their play makers... it's a recipe for disaster for the Ravens.

The niners exposed the Packers with their speed... the Ravens are going to have similar problems that the packers had. The ball hawking skills of Reed will be meaningless in a game like this. The Ravens LB's can fluster a pocket QB... with the niners...they'll have to pick their poison.

The Falcons offense was good enough to make it a game.. the Ravens won't have that luxury. I'll agree it's probably the worst matchup we've seen in years...but it will be fun to watch the Ravens lose.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #59
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,157 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
way!!!

In fact I hope the Ravens lose on a last second FG...by a horrible 49ers kicker. .
i'm rooting for a horrible beat down...something along the lines of 42-0....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #60
Stairway2-7
Water Boy

Member Number: 17956

Ill be cheering the Ravens over the Niners.
Stairway2-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stairway2-7 For This Useful Post:
AndyWitmyer (01-21-2013)