Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 01-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #11
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: How Will Posterity Remember Brady

Not sure how he'll be remembered - although the media plays such a huge part in this and all they do is gush over him like slobbering babies - so it definitely helps his cause.

In my book - and i've never wavered on this - and its proven true over and over again : Brady's a very good QB. But thats all i find him. Very good. He's been surrounded by a stellar coaching staff and a stellar (and unbelievably coached) offensive line.

When he just stands in the pocked all day long and then some, like he has for much of his career - he's absolutely golden. But then again, who wouldn't be?
When he's pressured like your average QB in the league, he more oft than not, is shown to be human and then some. Case in point with just one specific example : The 1st Giants-Patriots Super Bowl. Brady had his way all year long. Then, come SB, the Giants were in his face all game long. And he was just your average good QB.

I've never been sold on all this "greatest ever" stuff shoved down our throats by the media. I see right through it and i've been proven right almost always on this one.
He's a very good QB, dont' get me wrong. But thats where i leave it. At that. And no more.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TRH For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (01-20-2013), fansince'76 (01-20-2013), pczach (01-21-2013)
Old 01-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #12
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
Not sure how he'll be remembered - although the media plays such a huge part in this and all they do is gush over him like slobbering babies - so it definitely helps his cause.

In my book - and i've never wavered on this - and its proven true over and over again : Brady's a very good QB. But thats all i find him. Very good. He's been surrounded by a stellar coaching staff and a stellar (and unbelievably coached) offensive line.

When he just stands in the pocked all day long and then some, like he has for much of his career - he's absolutely golden. But then again, who wouldn't be?
When he's pressured like your average QB in the league, he more oft than not, is shown to be human and then some. Case in point with just one specific example : The 1st Giants-Patriots Super Bowl. Brady had his way all year long. Then, come SB, the Giants were in his face all game long. And he was just your average good QB.

I've never been sold on all this "greatest ever" stuff shoved down our throats by the media. I see right through it and i've been proven right almost always on this one.
He's a very good QB, dont' get me wrong. But thats where i leave it. At that. And no more.
Bingo! Getting shown up by Peyton's little brother TWICE on the biggest stage automatically removes him from the "best ever" discussion, IMO. Sorry, but the "best QB ever" should have been able to muster more than two TDs against the NFC's 5th seed. Not to mention getting outplayed by Flacco in 2 AFCCGs in his own backyard.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fansince'76 For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (01-20-2013)
Old 01-20-2013, 10:48 PM   #13
NSMaster56
Team Owner

Member Number: 23979
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,731 Posts

Post merger QB rankings:

1/2. Elway/Montana
3/4. Brady/Manning
5. Marino

Questions?
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:22 PM   #14
Stu Pidasso
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Unprecedented success for Brady in his first 5 years, but since HE GOT CAUGHT CHEATING in 2004 Brady is 0-2 in Super Bowls and has had 2 abysmal home losses in AFC playoff games in the past three seasons

Looks like he will not get that 4th ring to match Bradshaw and Montana

So sad
There. Fixed it for ya. ;)
Stu Pidasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:24 PM   #15
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Pidasso View Post
There. Fixed it for ya. ;)
It is pretty telling. I know you can say the playoffs are a crapshoot but I think it's telling that Brady and the Pats haven't won a SB since Spygate was exposed.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GMU Steeler For This Useful Post:
steve314 (01-21-2013)
Old 01-21-2013, 02:07 AM   #16
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
It is pretty telling. I know you can say the playoffs are a crapshoot but I think it's telling that Brady and the Pats haven't won a SB since Spygate was exposed.
Ah, I don't think that has anything to do with it. If their spying was so critical why did they eke out their wins? If anything they got away with murder by mugging the receivers they faced. Everyone knows about how their secondary manhandled and interfered with the Rams for their first SB win. After their last win, you got to look to changes on the team as well as luck. All of their SBs have been close win or lose.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:15 AM   #17
steve314
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15690

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
Ah, I don't think that has anything to do with it. If their spying was so critical why did they eke out their wins? If anything they got away with murder by mugging the receivers they faced. Everyone knows about how their secondary manhandled and interfered with the Rams for their first SB win. After their last win, you got to look to changes on the team as well as luck. All of their SBs have been close win or lose.
Who knows how much the spying helped, but a close game is exactly where a small edge from cheating would come in handy. Who cares if you get a small edge from cheating if the game is a blowout.
steve314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:53 AM   #18
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

even if Brady left tomorrow, and/or their regime is finished, Brady will be right up there with Montana.
In 10 seasons he had 5 SB appearances, 2 were lost, countless division titles, mvp's,...
Before Brady showed up, nobody really heard of the Patriots.
I wanna beat him every time I see him, but nonetheless, imho, and as far as "posterity" goes,
Brady is going down as one of the "Elites", of the NFL's QB classes.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #19
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSMaster56 View Post
Post merger QB rankings:

1/2. Elway/Montana
3/4. Brady/Manning
5. Marino

Questions?
Probably more acurate to caption the rankings as "post-1978 rules changes" rather than "post-merger"

Stats for 1970s QBs are based on a different game - Staubach (2 rings, 4 Super Bowls (with the 2 losses to the 70s Steelers) arguably is comparable to Elway in terms of success and style of play
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:07 AM   #20
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 8,079 Times in 3,244 Posts
My Mood: Amazed

I think it's amazing that we all have to listen to the Ben Roethlisberger bashers go crazy on him for not scoring enough points, while a guy like Brady goes out and lays a steaming pile of 13 points on the board and gets no flak. Five trips inside the 25 yard line and 1 touchdown. Where are all the Big Ben bashers crushing Brady? You know, the greatest quarterback ever....Oh, that's right, it would hurt their arguments about how horrible Ben is. It really is laughable.
pczach is online now   Reply With Quote