Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 02-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #41
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 11,587 Times in 4,631 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Ray Lewis should have to watch the Super Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
Oh get over yourself. Compared to Suh stomping people? TO on the Dallas Star? Come on.
those were the two examples I thought of when I read his quote earlier. You must be reading my mind.

That being said, it did seem disrespectful considering it was a playoff game.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #42
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Mellow

^ that was Harbaugh!s call to get him out there. He says it in an episode of Sound FX. "I want to put you out there in the victory formation,..you can do one last dance..," or words to that effect.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #43
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
Toomer sounds like he has a lot of built up Haterade in him. Why all the hate playa?
Superbowl 35 still sticks in his craw.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #44
BleedPurple
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
I'm starting to turn on Lewis. The more I think about, the more I realize that this guy definitely doped up. There's no way you come back from that injury that early. So, yeah he shouldn't be playing. Suggs too. His recovery from a triceps tear is also very suspicious.
Based on absolutely nothing, a dust argument. I guess Ben is doped up when he plays with a broken nose and badly sprained ankle.

Same thing with AP, Brett Favre, and every other player who has played hurt.

Ridiculous.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #45
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Mellow

^ that is a ridiculous counter. All the evidence points to him doping. 37, an injury that normally takes 6 months at minimum to heal? I don't think so. AP was out for the year and rehabbed. And a broken nose and sprained ankle are entirely different things. They are far more benign injuries.

Still I have to say that it is more than likely that a lot of the NFLers dope up. They are bigger, faster and stronger than ever. This will be the next controversy for the league to deal with.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #46
BleedPurple
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
^ that is a ridiculous counter. All the evidence points to him doping. 37, an injury that normally takes 6 months at minimum to heal? I don't think so. AP was out for the year and rehabbed. And a broken nose and sprained ankle are entirely different things. They are far more benign injuries.

Still I have to say that it is more than likely that a lot of the NFLers dope up. They are bigger, faster and stronger than ever. This will be the next controversy for the league to deal with.
-He's 37. That is not evidence of doping, sorry. The guy is a workout fiend and a health nut.

-He had an injury that normally takes 6 months. Again, means nothing, AP's injury would normally take a full season to get back to normal, he was playing like a madman after one offseason. his recovery was miraculous as well. Based on your standard of evidence AP is guilty. Plus Ray is in the biggest arm brace I've ever seen.

-An upper ankle sprain takes weeks to heal. Ben didn't miss a start.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #47
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 11,587 Times in 4,631 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
-He's 37. That is not evidence of doping, sorry. The guy is a workout fiend and a health nut.

-He had an injury that normally takes 6 months. Again, means nothing, AP's injury would normally take a full season to get back to normal, he was playing like a madman after one offseason. his recovery was miraculous as well. Based on your standard of evidence AP is guilty. Plus Ray is in the biggest arm brace I've ever seen.

his age plus the speedy recovery is hard to buy. We don't know if he's taken something or not, but that is suspicious.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #48
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,750 Times in 4,798 Posts

Quote:
Based on absolutely nothing, a dust argument. I guess Ben is doped up when he plays with a broken nose and badly sprained ankle.

Same thing with AP, Brett Favre, and every other player who has played hurt.

Ridiculous.
Look, I'm with you that he probably didn't dope and he's just playing through a bad injury as best he can, but comparing torn triceps to a broken nose or a sprained ankle is a little silly.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-02-2013)
Old 02-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #49
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,520 Times in 3,752 Posts

Quote:

ESPN Sports Guy Bill Simmons thinks Ray-Ray took PEDs for his miracle recovery

When Ray Lewis suffered a complete tear of his triceps in mid-October, we thought he was finished for the season only he returned to action a little more than two months later. During the third month of his "recovery," he made 17 tackles in a double-overtime playoff game in Denver. In 13-degree weather. At age 37.

So when Lewis's name landed in this week's PED scandal, nobody tumbled over in shock....

I believe that Ray Lewis cheated. I believe that to be true based on circumstantial evidence, his age, his overcompetitiveness, the history of that specific injury, and the fact that his "recovery" made my shit detector start vibrating like a chainsaw.

I believe in my right to write the previous paragraph because athletes pushed us to this point

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...k-ped-question

From a simple cost/benefit standpoint Lewis has every incentive to do anything to recover this season. Lewis is retiring - if Goodell figures out he was doping what is Goodell going to do - suspend him?
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #50
BleedPurple
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
ESPN Sports Guy Bill Simmons thinks Ray-Ray took PEDs for his miracle recovery

When Ray Lewis suffered a complete tear of his triceps in mid-October, we thought he was finished for the season only he returned to action a little more than two months later. During the third month of his "recovery," he made 17 tackles in a double-overtime playoff game in Denver. In 13-degree weather. At age 37.

So when Lewis's name landed in this week's PED scandal, nobody tumbled over in shock....

I believe that Ray Lewis cheated. I believe that to be true based on circumstantial evidence, his age, his overcompetitiveness, the history of that specific injury, and the fact that his "recovery" made my shit detector start vibrating like a chainsaw.

I believe in my right to write the previous paragraph because athletes pushed us to this point

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...k-ped-question

From a simple cost/benefit standpoint Lewis has every incentive to do anything to recover this season. Lewis is retiring - if Goodell figures out he was doping what is Goodell going to do - suspend him?
On a side note, a huge pet peeve of mine is when people use quotation marks incorrectly when trying to provide sarcastic emphasis or in place of the words so-called. It's really bad when a professional writer does it.

For instance. You wouldn't say Ray Lewis' miraculous "recovery", because it was a recovery god damn it, you aren't questioning it, you are questioning the miracle part.

Correct: Ray Lewis' so-called "miraculous" recovery.

Incorrect: Ray Lewis' miraculous so-called "recovery".

Thanks for listening