Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
Ravens1
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24426
Default Brady's Leg Kick

What a *****. Not only is he protected by tailor made rules, but he gets away with a blatant move that others would be penalized for.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...hats-bull-crap
Ravens1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713
Default Re: Brady's Leg Kick

Not going to cry over it. Ray Lewis should be suspended for 1 game for his second intentional and Blatant Helmet to Helmet hit in two games but thats not going to happen either.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,083 Times in 3,413 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

I don't really have a problem with what Brady did. I see it more of a reaction to protect himself (a knee-jerk reaction if you will). I would do the same thing if a 200-some lb person was possibely going to fall on me and break my ribs.

As far as Lewis' hit, I got a little sick seeing him flagged for that hit on the tight end.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:25 PM   #4
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,340 Times in 4,002 Posts

That hit by Lewis on Hernandez is a flag now. It wasn't a few years ago, but it is now. I understand Steelers fans wanting to defend it because that's exactly how we hit, but it's a flag and he should get fined. Clark, Harrison or Timmons would've been fined for it and Ray Ray needs to be fined too. But, of course he won't be because it's his "last ride" and he's a crying emotional fucking wreck.

Seriously, why is he always crying?

Don't get me started on that asshole Pollard.

A little bit OT: he was protecting himself from Eddy - I don't have a problem with it. If he's fined, Ray should be fined.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #5
Ravens1
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24426

No doublt knee jerk from Brady as he does all he can to protect himself, including not running it out for the first down his team so desperately needs.

I did like that the refs weren't calling every thing and just letting the men play for the most part. Some games, when there is incidental facemask grazing they call it. 30 yards and two first downs given up for roughing calls. Didn't matter,
Ravens1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #6
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhickok View Post
Not going to cry over it. Ray Lewis should be suspended for 1 game for his second intentional and Blatant Helmet to Helmet hit in two games but thats not going to happen either.

Once again, the NFL's "rules" are not applied to everyone and are clearly unfair and dished out at random. Same hits get fines, no fines, different fine amounts (even if same # of offenses, etc). One day soon you'll see this end up in a high-powered attorney's hands - and the NFL will have brought it on completely by themselves.

Reed "wins" suspensions after being fined (c'mon, NO ONE every wins appeals..), Lewis is "untouchable" (what else did he do in the playoff games but commit clear, violent, illegal helmet-to-helmet head hits? if you answered "nothing", you'd be correct.....), and so on, and so on....
But if Harrison and a host of other guys throughout the league who are not media or NFL darlings or don't have some kind of soap opera storyline going, would be fined immediately to the moon and beyond. We'll see if the NFL fines him for these very clear illegal helmet hits - but my guess is no.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #7
CanuckCurtain
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5020

Ed was awfully close to have knee surgery...i watched the replay a couple of times...that leg was planted or pretty close to being so but injury or no injury i think that should of been a penalty
CanuckCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CanuckCurtain For This Useful Post:
lardlad (01-21-2013)
Old 01-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #8
Blackout
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 20509

I think Giselle taught Brady how to do that kick.

"Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings
Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #9
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,029 Times in 412 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

i could buy him trying to protect himself if he had not given the extra kick at the end
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:19 PM   #10
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,083 Times in 3,413 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
i could buy him trying to protect himself if he had not given the extra kick at the end
I don't know, it's definitely not a legal move, but after watching it several times, I still think even with the extra kick he could have been trying to protect himself instinctively. I guess no harm not foul.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote