Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-24-2013, 05:02 AM   #51
The_Joker
Team Owner

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 1,243 Times in 663 Posts
My Mood: Devilish
Default Re: Wes Welker's wife rants about Ray Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
Implying I didn't when Ray came out of the tunnel for the last time at M&T.

Don't be jealous just because there are likely 0 first ballot HOFers on your team.

EDIT: active roster only, of course.
Troy and Ben. He'll get his 3rd, don't you worry Rats fan ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
OK

8/10
The_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #52
CTSxViper
Banned

Member Number: 20864

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Six kids, four different women, not wives. A plea bargain not an acquittal. A semantics of words that in essence is pretty close to being spot on. Poor sport, poor judgement, but not anything that is out of line as far as his life story. A thug then, a thug now but spouting the "same stuff" that Tebow takes flack for but with less believability.
LOL, you are soo funny... Sorry but Baltimore loves him and he is highly respected.. Just not with your team, which we could care less about and as far as Welker's wife, she's pissed because they lost, plain and simple. Brady was spanked the 2nd half, and well, that's life. Ray Lewis's reputation is in tact, no matter what his haters or jealous less then stellar players think.
CTSxViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #53
CTSxViper
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Ray Lewis's genuine atonement should begin with "coming clean" on what happened that night where two men lost their lives. I do believe a man can find forgiveness and redemption in a prison cell. Ray skirted the issue with money and lawyers, he had enough against him to be arrested (albeit I think it was in leverage to use against his companions) for his part in a double homicide. He is now the face of the NFL, I do not think so. I dont have to forget or forgive, he did nothing to be personally, but to just think that he is now a changed person and yet keeps that night a shroud of mystery is polar opposites.
That is self contradicting. You don't know his heart or what changes he has made. Who made any of us a judge over him. How he stands with God is what matters. as The bible says let he who is without sin cast the first stone. A person can find redemption by asking God for forgiveness through Jesus Christ, not just from a prision cell. Just because Vick served time, does that mean he is completely forgiven. None of us know, only God does.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:04 AM   #54
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,983 Times in 4,248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSxViper View Post
That is self contradicting. You don't know his heart or what changes he has made. Who made any of us a judge over him. How he stands with God is what matters. as The bible says let he who is without sin cast the first stone. A person can find redemption by asking God for forgiveness through Jesus Christ, not just from a prision cell. Just because Vick served time, does that mean he is completely forgiven. None of us know, only God does.
Thanks for the Bible lesson. All of that looked like it was just a way to shrug off the fact that Lewis was involved somehow with what happened.

Uh, also, Lewis' reputation is taking a hit despite what Ravens fans want to think. He's playing like absolute shit. I'm sorry, if Timmons was making tackles 8 yards down the field consistently, I'd say we needed to address a serious problem that our Linebackers have. Why are they missing tackles and not hitting the gaps? He's playing piss-poor right now but because of his name, he's getting praise and treated like he's actually contributing.

That, and why is he crying like a little girl after every single game? Holy shit, man up Ray - you're supposed to be a tough guy.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #55
CTSxViper
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Thanks for the Bible lesson. All of that looked like it was just a way to shrug off the fact that Lewis was involved somehow with what happened.

Uh, also, Lewis' reputation is taking a hit despite what Ravens fans want to think. He's playing like absolute shit. I'm sorry, if Timmons was making tackles 8 yards down the field consistently, I'd say we needed to address a serious problem that our Linebackers have. Why are they missing tackles and not hitting the gaps? He's playing piss-poor right now but because of his name, he's getting praise and treated like he's actually contributing.

That, and why is he crying like a little girl after every single game? Holy shit, man up Ray - you're supposed to be a tough guy.
Bull. That's your opinion, and I'm here to disagree. He's made some good tackles, and for what he has brought to the Ravens and the NFL he deserves it. All the naysayers including this forum claim we could not beat the Broncos not the Patriots. I remember the posts that our season will end at Denver. It is emotional for him because it did look like we were not going to make it into the playoffs, and then the team really came back and started clicking on all cylinders. Not a bible lesson, jus reality. Your team is out and you don't get it. After 12 years of no superbowl, this means a lot to him and the team and all the fans. Steelers fans have to deal with it this year. Maybe next year will be yours, we'll see.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #56
CTSxViper
Banned

Let's also not forget Ben's criminal misgivings. The 3rd rape charge that he was able to scathe past. Is he an "good" example and a role model? LOL I think not... Read the story and research it if you chose.. Oh and you will just deny and make all the excuses. The NFL suspended him for 6 games.
http://www.politicolnews.com/roethlisberger-3rd-rape/
Old 01-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #57
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
Troy and Ben. He'll get his 3rd, don't you worry Rats fan ;)

8/10
Ben is definitely not first ballot. He will get into HOF, but not the first round. They have a cap on number of inductees, and he is going to have too much talent knocking on the door.

Troy maybe, depending on what year he retires.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #58
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,983 Times in 4,248 Posts

Quote:
Bull. That's your opinion, and I'm here to disagree. He's made some good tackles, and for what he has brought to the Ravens and the NFL he deserves it. All the naysayers including this forum claim we could not beat the Broncos not the Patriots. I remember the posts that our season will end at Denver. It is emotional for him because it did look like we were not going to make it into the playoffs, and then the team really came back and started clicking on all cylinders. Not a bible lesson, jus reality. Your team is out and you don't get it. After 12 years of no superbowl, this means a lot to him and the team and all the fans. Steelers fans have to deal with it this year. Maybe next year will be yours, we'll see.
No, talking about how he found God and only Jesus can judge him is a bible lesson. We don't care about whether or not Jesus forgave him.

Address what I said first. He made 'some good tackles', when? Go on Ravens boards and look at what some fans are saying - he's not productive and he's not doing anything. He's getting all this attention because of his 'last ride' and he's not earning all of this attention with his play. Again, if my Linebackers were making tackles consistently down field, I'd have to address a serious problem.

My team is out and I don't get it? The Steelers are out of the playoffs. I fully recognize and acknowledge that, but when Bettis was in the playoffs he wasn't praising Jesus and thanking God to the cameras, let alone crying at midfield and on his knees praying. He looks like a clown.

I don't have to deal with anything - the Ravens are in and the Steelers aren't. While I don't like it, I can accept it and move on to the offseason. For you to come on here and defend your team on Steelers boards and expect anything less than Ravens hate, makes you look like you're trying to start something with us. How about you celebrate RayRay on Ravens boards where people actually give a shit.

Quote:
Let's also not forget Ben's criminal misgivings. The 3rd rape charge that he was able to scathe past. Is he an "good" example and a role model? LOL I think not... Read the story and research it if you chose.. Oh and you will just deny and make all the excuses. The NFL suspended him for 6 games.
http://www.politicolnews.com/roethlisberger-3rd-rape/
Oh, I'm sorry, was Ben convicted? Oh, he wasn't? That's funny, because Lewis was. I don't have to 'do some research' because I know exactly what happened - they had no evidence. Absolutely zero evidence that anything actually happened, but hey, I'm not here to defend Ben.

Lewis was convicted. Ben wasn't. Apples and oranges big guy.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #59
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:

Perception: He's playing like absolute shit.

Reality: Postseason: 44 tackles in 3 games, a couple that I can remember (no stat on the site I am looking at) behind the line of scrimmage. Ravens are now 8-1 with Ray, 5-5 without.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BleedPurple For This Useful Post:
CTSxViper (01-24-2013)
Old 01-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #60
CTSxViper
Banned

Quote:
No, talking about how he found God and only Jesus can judge him is a bible lesson. We don't care about whether or not Jesus forgave him.

Address what I said first. He made 'some good tackles', when? Go on Ravens boards and look at what some fans are saying - he's not productive and he's not doing anything. He's getting all this attention because of his 'last ride' and he's not earning all of this attention with his play. Again, if my Linebackers were making tackles consistently down field, I'd have to address a serious problem.

My team is out and I don't get it? The Steelers are out of the playoffs. I fully recognize and acknowledge that, but when Bettis was in the playoffs he wasn't praising Jesus and thanking God to the cameras, let alone crying at midfield and on his knees praying. He looks like a clown.

I don't have to deal with anything - the Ravens are in and the Steelers aren't. While I don't like it, I can accept it and move on to the offseason. For you to come on here and defend your team on Steelers boards and expect anything less than Ravens hate, makes you look like you're trying to start something with us. How about you celebrate RayRay on Ravens boards where people actually give a shit.

Oh, I'm sorry, was Ben convicted? Oh, he wasn't? That's funny, because Lewis was. I don't have to 'do some research' because I know exactly what happened - they had no evidence. Absolutely zero evidence that anything actually happened, but hey, I'm not here to defend Ben.

Lewis was convicted. Ben wasn't. Apples and oranges big guy.
I knew in typical fashion you would dance around this, and you are on Ravens boards, I've seen your posts. I'm in the NFL section here, not Steelers and have a right to comment in this thread. You better read up further on Ben's rape charges. His high profile and $ helped him avoid 3 different rape charges. Obviously he's a loser in his personal life or has been at different times. Rape? Give me a break. One charge, maybe a lie, But three? If you are so stupid to think he had no part or was not in any way wrong in any of them, then you can live in your fantasy world. He was suspended for 6 games so obviously the NFL was disturbed by his conduct. Ray Lewis deserves the recognition for his achievements and professionalism in the NFL. And if he choses to be thankful and emotional, so be it.