Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-22-2013, 05:26 AM   #11
Justp94
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 21937
Cool Re: Worst Steeler Team I've ever seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
I'm sorry guys but I have to say it, this year I saw the worst steelers team I've ever seen in my life and I have been and avid steelers fan for about 14 years (im 24) so I don't really remember some of the teams from the 90's that well but this was the worst steelers team I have ever seen. A lackluster defense, no big play makers, once again, injuries plagued the team which is becoming more "the norm" that an occasional rash. The offence didn't scare anyone, we have a pathetic run game, our receivers under-preformed, and we clearly did not have depth at any position. *sigh* just had to get that off my chest. (draft a RB in the first round!)
You just spazzed out on our Team, yeah we have issues with our team, but that doesn't mean we won't fix it in a year or two because we're the Pittsburgh Steelers and on the rare occasion when something is bringing us down, we'll get right back on up and strive off the need to do better, be better, and perform at an all time high level that only the Steelers can achieve!!!!

Let's Go Steelers! Time to rebuild and get back to the Steelers Way of Football in 2013 & Beyond!

Last edited by Justp94; 01-22-2013 at 07:06 AM.
Justp94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:30 AM   #12
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Worst Steeler Team I've ever seen

This is a rotten hyperbolic thread. But I'll say one thing. They actually weren't all that bad as you think. When a team has the kind of turnover ratio that the Steelers had, they are usually bottom of the barrel cellar dwellers. They weren't the KC Chiefs bad. Their losses were close if that counts for anything.

I would say that now they're teetering. They could remain the same, climb, or lose their footing and come crashing down.

The draft and personnel decisions will determine their fate.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:00 AM   #13
VaDave
Team Owner

Member Number: 479
Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,142 Posts

This guy would have jumped off the Ft. Duquesne bridge if had to endure the 1965-1968 teams.......
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #14
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,512 Times in 10,350 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
I think vanilla is better than chocolate. Let's discuss.
Orange sherbet.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:05 AM   #15
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

i don't think it was the worst Steeler "ever" or even in the last 10, 15 years or so, either. But....

The out-of-control injuries, poor coaching decisions, lack of interest & intensity from players on the field (half the time they look like they just got out of bed and didn't even have their morning coffee yet...), and some off-the-field distractions certainly made this year possibly the most frustrating - especially considering the level of talent we had.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #16
Terminator
Head Coach

Member Number: 24492
Thanked 1,506 Times in 605 Posts

I remember the 80's

*cries*
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #17
VaDave
Team Owner

For crying out loud, we've had the best football team in the league over the last 40 some years. So we have a .500 season, and the world as we know it is ending.

The absolute most rediculous posts, are the ones where even when we've won the championship, we don't win them good enough. Talk about living in LaLa land.... Dude, get a grip.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #18
VaDave
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
I remember the 80's

*cries*
You should have been there for the '60s....

My dad said I should have been there for the '40s.......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VaDave For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (01-22-2013), stb_steeler (01-22-2013)
Old 01-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #19
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
I'm sorry guys but I have to say it, this year I saw the worst steelers team I've ever seen in my life and I have been and avid steelers fan for about 14 years (im 24) so I don't really remember some of the teams from the 90's that well but this was the worst steelers team I have ever seen. A lackluster defense, no big play makers, once again, injuries plagued the team which is becoming more "the norm" that an occasional rash. The offence didn't scare anyone, we have a pathetic run game, our receivers under-preformed, and we clearly did not have depth at any position. *sigh* just had to get that off my chest. (draft a RB in the first round!)
You must be a youngin then......Ive seen quite i few worse seasons than this

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:40 AM   #20
VaDave
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
i don't think it was the worst Steeler "ever" or even in the last 10, 15 years or so, either. But....

The out-of-control injuries, poor coaching decisions, lack of interest & intensity from players on the field (half the time they look like they just got out of bed and didn't even have their morning coffee yet...), and some off-the-field distractions certainly made this year possibly the most frustrating - especially considering the level of talent we had.
I can't get frustrated by injuries, or mistakes. Those are humans under those jerseys.

What I do get frustrated by, a lack of preparation, inspiration, and motivation. All three of those self controlled atributes were seriously lacking all year long, players, & coaches alike. This need to be addressed this offseason.

IMO, when we clear a lot of players out this year, and there are going to be some changes. We obviously had more than a few players playing out the string. Maybe some of these guys with motivational issues, like, Mendenhall, and Wallace playing like they know they got a big contract coming if they stay healthy, move on, the attitdude in the clubhouse will improve.

Last edited by VaDave; 01-22-2013 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Left out a part