Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #31
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

I would trade a first for him, getting a sure talent is much better than drafting a possible bust IMHO
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #32
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118
Default Re: Mr. Rooney, Call the Jets owner, he wants to trade Revis

If your shopping and you see a bone in NY Strip Steak for 6.99 a pound and a boneless Strip Steak for 9.99 a pound which do you take?

Keenan Lewis for 7-8 million a year or Revis for 9-10 million a year?

Posters are right about the cap in a few years. No Troy, Ryan Clark, James Harrison, Casey Hampton, Ike Taylor. The possibilities of not resigning Hood or trading or releasing Woodley if he has another bad year or someone shows more behind him leaves money to spend. This team is getting younger which equals more cap space. If we don't get Revis this year we can at least shoot for it when he is a UFA.

One thing for sure a trade would have to include a new long term contract and we would have to give up a #1 pick.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #33
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,306 Times in 1,021 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

i would wait a year and see how good his knee is before i would trade for him
Old 01-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #34
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,713 Times in 4,274 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by fer522 View Post
i would wait a year and see how good his knee is before i would trade for him
I think that's what the Jets might end up doing, they want to prove he's still as good so that they can get as much out of him as possible. Chances seem likely that he will still be with the Jets this coming year.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #35
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 24,418 Times in 9,896 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Peterson came off knee surgery, too. Peterson is the best RB in the NFL and Revis is the best CB in the NFL - I don't think it's going to affect him like everyone thinks it is.

I don't think he's going to get 16 million anywhere he goes. He might get 12 million, but I think it's more accurate to say he'll get around 11 - 11.5, or back to his most recent deal he signed with the Jets. 5 year / 55 million is fair for Revis and it's not much more than what we were willing to give Wallace last year.

I like the tandem of Allen and Lewis, but I like the tandem of Revis and Allen more.

Also, we're very keen on keeping Troy around on these boards, but his cap hit is 10 million. We could sign Revis and have his cap hit be around 7 - 8 million for a more productive, younger and all around better player. Our sense of loyalty to these guys is mind-boggling.
I get what you are saying. Revis is a rare type of player. Plus, I still daydream about getting him in the 2007 draft. Timmons is good, but he's no Revis. Just imagine that 2008 defense with Revis & Taylor at the corners. Wow!!! In fact, I'd bet that the Steelers would have won one other SuperBowl by simply having such a dominant defense. It would have been sweet.

BUT, I am a fan of Keenan & Cortez.

Let's assume the knee is 100% (and not like Rod Woodson's which forced him to move to safety). Let's just assume. Likewise, let's assume that he actually takes $11 million (and not the reported $16 milliom). Let's assume. Even then, I think that the Steelers could have both of the aforemtnioned young CBs for the same cost as Revis.

Furthermore, as I mentioned in the other thread, Revis has held out twice already... and is threatening to hold out after this season. Ugh. Simply, I do not want the headache. [And, that signifies that the $16 million amount is not just a rumored desire.]

Sorry, man. I see what you're saying, but I am going to have to pass on this. Again, I dreamed of Revis-Taylor as much as anyone else... but, I think Keenan-Cortez is the future.

TRADE
Oh... and you mentioned a player worth trading for, and worth $16 million. Why not trade for AP??? I am serious. Why not? Cut a ton fo people, trade a R1 & R2 pick for him, and this team would dominate.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #36
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,406 Times in 4,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Sorry, man. I see what you're saying, but I am going to have to pass on this. Again, I dreamed of Revis-Taylor as much as anyone else... but, I think Keenan-Cortez is the future.

TRADE
Oh... and you mentioned a player worth trading for, and worth $16 million. Why not trade for AP??? I am serious. Why not? Cut a ton fo people, trade a R1 & R2 pick for him, and this team would dominate.
Oh no doubt, but I don't even think I'd play Revis with Taylor. I think I go Revis and Allen because we don't have the option to resign Lewis if we were to go ahead and grab him. Even then, I'm conflicted. I wouldn't ever cut Taylor, so ya, apparently I'd have to go Revis - Taylor as our CBs.

I think that if we let our Safeties walk and/or retire, don't resign Lewis, let Foote and friends walk then we'd be significantly under the cap. That leaves us room to bring on Revis. I'd only entertain a trade with the Jets if there was already a deal on the table that he was willing to accept for around 5 years.

If AP became available there isn't a player on this team I wouldn't give up for him - let's put it that way.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #37
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 24,418 Times in 9,896 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Oh no doubt, but I don't even think I'd play Revis with Taylor. I think I go Revis and Allen because we don't have the option to resign Lewis if we were to go ahead and grab him. Even then, I'm conflicted. I wouldn't ever cut Taylor, so ya, apparently I'd have to go Revis - Taylor as our CBs.

I think that if we let our Safeties walk and/or retire, don't resign Lewis, let Foote and friends walk then we'd be significantly under the cap. That leaves us room to bring on Revis. I'd only entertain a trade with the Jets if there was already a deal on the table that he was willing to accept for around 5 years.

If AP became available there isn't a player on this team I wouldn't give up for him - let's put it that way.
The bolded part is the key.

Revis is great... but, I am friedns with a NYJets fan, and he says that the dude is constantly complaining about his contract. In other words, a headache. Even if Revis signed a 5 year, $55 million contract... he might hold out in two years.

I would not trade BB, but you are right: everyone else is gone!!!

In all seriousness, why not try to trade for AP? I know that the Vikings would not even listen to a trade, but he is what The Rooneys want... what this team needs... and if paired with BB, this team would be insane!!!

Man, I wish that the Steelers had traded up in 2007 for either AP or Revis... or, even Willis. That 2007 draft still haunts me.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:01 AM   #38
casteeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 15446
My Mood: Angry

Revis in Black&Gold...... Oh yeah! If people are willing to sign Lewis for 7 million a year then give Revis the MOON
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:28 AM   #39
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,072 Times in 509 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

The Jets still owe us for the highway robbery of the 5th round pick for Santonio. They should give us Revis for a third and we'll call it even.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:30 AM   #40
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Man, I wish that the Steelers had traded up in 2007 for either AP or Revis... or, even Willis. That 2007 draft still haunts me.
The Steelers drafted 2 Probowlers in 2007 in Woodley and Timmons. Timmons got robbed by not being sent to the Probowl this year. Sepulveda's injuries were a huge disappointment- he was a great tackler for a punter (at least he shows the Steelers have made an effort on special teams). Matt Spaeth was a decent second tight end as well- and targets don't get much bigger in the red zone. Wasn't he like 6'8?

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote