Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #41
Steelers5895
Starter

Member Number: 23994
Default Re: Anyone worth Trading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
JPP only had 6.5 sacks this year, I guess he is overrated too.
if the trend continues then he too will fall into that category
Old 01-28-2013, 08:30 PM   #42
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,823 Times in 1,837 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Lets just get this straight. Woodley's own coach said he expects a lot more out of him. That's the bottom line. What people are griping about is only being backed up by those close to him.

Don't get this confused though - sacks aren't the only indicator - the problem is - he isn't racking up anything really - that's the issue. It would be one thing if he was creating a ton of pressure - but, between his injury which is preventable and his lack of technique, Woodley has been averaging an "average" season. His mediocre to non-existence is right on par with the times he has "shown up"

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:40 AM   #43
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Team Captain

Member Number: 24000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers5895 View Post
those injuries are from not being in playing shape. You never seen those injuries from any of our other OLBs over the years.

the 3-4 OLB is not only for rushing the QB, they also need to know when NOT to rush the QB. That was why kendrell bell couldnt grasp it as an OLB.

Woodley ONLY goes after the QB and allows rbs to go by him and TEs to get a free release.

Add injuries to his deteriotating skiiml set and I say get rid of him.
Those injuries are why he wasnt in shape for the season. We need to stop blaming his weight because he was never 100 percent heathly to see if the weight would of had any affect on his production.

It all goes back to last season against the pats. He had 2 sacks already by the half I believe (I forget when he actually got injuried that game), and I think 8 sacks all together in the season before he injuried his hamstring. He was on pace for 16-18 sacks that season ( we had 8 games left after that pats game ). Later on in the season he tired to come back to earlier and kept re injuring the hamstring. Soooo in the offseason Im sure he rested it until it was fully healthy and gained some weight because of it. Then this season was hampered by the hamstring and other problems, so he never had the chance to condition the why he would of liked.

So for all the fans that want to say he got paid and put forth a lazy effort are off base and in my opinion wrong. Once he is 100 percent he will he be the player that everyone loves. The injury bug just hit our team bad in all areas.

Also when hes asked to blitz he does, when the play is called and it has him to cover he does. The man just doesnt chose what he wants to do on each play thats ridiculous to think.

Again cant blame the weight for everything when he was never 100 percent.

And every on this board can agree somewhat that hood hasnt been playing good, well thats the man in front of woodley thats suppose to eat blockers, but teams arent scared to single block hood and foucs more on the olb. So hoods play can also be linked to woodleys production
WokeUpWithaWoodley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:10 AM   #44
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
I do watch the games silly, and nice assuming what I think, too bad u know nothing anout it. I ask again, when doesn't he play hard?
During the games. You are another fan who is mesmerized by sacks. He does not play to the whistle. When have you ever seen him venture to the other side of the field? I have seen Harrison do it hundreds of times. You don't stop playing because the play went the other way.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:16 AM   #45
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeUpWithaWoodley View Post
A lot of players in the nfl wont play "to the whistle" when the play isn't going there way, that's a common act among players around the league. So it's unfair to say he doesn't play to the whistle because when he rushes he doesn't let up also when run plays are directed his way he takes on his blocker and has a chance to make a play on the ball carrier.

And you judge outside linebackers in a 3-4 by there sacks, because those are the guys that are suppose to get sacks and pressures that's there main responsibility. Woodley since he signed has been slowed by injuries to his hamstrings and ankles which are big components to the body that pass rushers use to get leverage, power, and speed. Before those injuries he was having a terrific year for himself.

When healthy I would love to have Woodley on the steelers and would not consider trading him.
Quote:
And you judge outside linebackers in a 3-4 by there sacks
That's only part of the game.

It's not unfair to say he doesn't play to the whistle. I don't care about players on other teams. Woodley was given an absurd contract. When will he finally live up to it? Getting a sack one in awhile doesn't do it. He is paid more than Harrison so he should be playing better than Harrison. Harrison is an aging, beaten war horse who still outperforms the younger Woodley.

I would trade Woodley in a second. That contract is killing the Steelers.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #46
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
During the games. You are another fan who is mesmerized by sacks. He does not play to the whistle. When have you ever seen him venture to the other side of the field? I have seen Harrison do it hundreds of times. You don't stop playing because the play went the other way.
Find one post, just one, where I said anything about Woodley's sacks
You're fighting a straw man jerk.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #47
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Quote:
Those injuries are why he wasnt in shape for the season. We need to stop blaming his weight because he was never 100 percent heathly to see if the weight would of had any affect on his production.

It all goes back to last season against the pats. He had 2 sacks already by the half I believe (I forget when he actually got injuried that game), and I think 8 sacks all together in the season before he injuried his hamstring. He was on pace for 16-18 sacks that season ( we had 8 games left after that pats game ). Later on in the season he tired to come back to earlier and kept re injuring the hamstring. Soooo in the offseason Im sure he rested it until it was fully healthy and gained some weight because of it. Then this season was hampered by the hamstring and other problems, so he never had the chance to condition the why he would of liked.

So for all the fans that want to say he got paid and put forth a lazy effort are off base and in my opinion wrong. Once he is 100 percent he will he be the player that everyone loves. The injury bug just hit our team bad in all areas.

Also when hes asked to blitz he does, when the play is called and it has him to cover he does. The man just doesnt chose what he wants to do on each play thats ridiculous to think.

Again cant blame the weight for everything when he was never 100 percent.

And every on this board can agree somewhat that hood hasnt been playing good, well thats the man in front of woodley thats suppose to eat blockers, but teams arent scared to single block hood and foucs more on the olb. So hoods play can also be linked to woodleys production
his own coach said his injuries are from a lack of commitment - the injury bug did hit the team bad, but, Woodley has earned the finger pointing this past season IMO - he was heavy before the injury and put unneeded additional stress on his body because of it

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
Old 01-29-2013, 07:53 PM   #48
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Team Captain

Member Number: 24000

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
his own coach said his injuries are from a lack of commitment - the injury bug did hit the team bad, but, Woodley has earned the finger pointing this past season IMO - he was heavy before the injury and put unneeded additional stress on his body because of it
I agree he has earned some finger pointing but not as much as some have been given him. He had a bad year we all know that but so did a lot of steelers this year.

And again he weight was caused by him trying to rehab and rest his hamstring in the offseason, and while you are doing that your cardio is limited so weight was added.

Also people want to say he got his money so he got lazy, I don't think that's fair to say. He signed his deal and has having one of the best season in 2011 before he got injured in the pats games. The man has been hampered by injuries the past year and half, his weight has suffered because of that. I expect him to be bak in shape this year and back to normal. And everyone will go back to loving him.
WokeUpWithaWoodley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:26 PM   #49
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Quote:
I agree he has earned some finger pointing but not as much as some have been given him. He had a bad year we all know that but so did a lot of steelers this year.

And again he weight was caused by him trying to rehab and rest his hamstring in the offseason, and while you are doing that your cardio is limited so weight was added.

Also people want to say he got his money so he got lazy, I don't think that's fair to say. He signed his deal and has having one of the best season in 2011 before he got injured in the pats games. The man has been hampered by injuries the past year and half, his weight has suffered because of that. I expect him to be bak in shape this year and back to normal. And everyone will go back to loving him.
I hope you are right - I don't want to be disappointed, but, he is running out of time IMO. I agree, he was playing well after the contract. Going 1.5 seasons is waaaay too long a time to be this ineffective because of his main injury though - especially for what are supposed to be the some of the best physical specimens on planet earth.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters