Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2013 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-26-2013, 04:26 AM   #1
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Head Coach

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 2,487 Times in 1,138 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed
Default 1/26/2013 mock draft

1. Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia(Its very possible that he falls to us teams may be scare away from his spinal stenosis, if so he could be a huge steal)
2. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
3. Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia
4. Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina/Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida
5. Duke Williams, S, Nevada
6. Ace Sanders, WR, South Carolina
7. Michael Mauti, ILB, Penn State

I didn't take a ILB early cause I believe Spence is going to be a very good starter, but depth would be good tho so Mauti would be a good pick in the 7th round.
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,332 Times in 1,415 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: 1/26/2013 mock draft

I don't think we will get a sniff of Jones, yea I would like to have him but in reality don't see it. Hopefully I will be eating crow on this one.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:34 AM   #3
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
I don't think we will get a sniff of Jones, yea I would like to have him but in reality don't see it. Hopefully I will be eating crow on this one.
Yeah I don't think we will neither but you never know same thing was said about DD last year.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #4
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,332 Times in 1,415 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
Yeah I don't think we will neither but you never know same thing was said about DD last year.

Yea I agree, I was leaning more toward Hightower last year. Look what impact he had with New England this year. I think we let a good one slip through our hands.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #5
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984

I think he falls ... the question is how far ? ... and everybody has the Jets taking a pass rusher, I don't see it ... the Jets need wayyyyy too much help on Offense to draft a pass rusher

should of just played the young guys in the the last game against the Browns ... You would get to see what they have a little bit , if they win then great... if they lose we're picking at number 11-12 right now instead of 17... It was such a stupid move to play all the old guys
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #6
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
Yea I agree, I was leaning more toward Hightower last year. Look what impact he had with New England this year. I think we let a good one slip through our hands.
Hard to tell DD was looking good when he came back well good enough anyways...time will tell
Old 01-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #7
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
I think he falls ... the question is how far ? ... and everybody has the Jets taking a pass rusher, I don't see it ... the Jets need wayyyyy too much help on Offense to draft a pass rusher

should of just played the young guys in the the last game against the Browns ... You would get to see what they have a little bit , if they win then great... if they lose we're picking at number 11-12 right now instead of 17... It was such a stupid move to play all the old guys
Im looking at the top pass rushers and I believe Damontre Moore & Bjoern Werner will go ahead of Jarvis and I would not be surprised if Barkevious Mingo is drafted before him neither(im expecting Mingo to blow up the combine mostly with his speed).

tbh I would not be surprised if the Raiders take Mingo ahead of Damontre Moore & Bjoern Werner with there first pick cause of his speed.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #8
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,871 Times in 8,676 Posts
My Mood: Dead

I like all of the picks, because they are all steals. Alas, most of them will likely be gone by the time that the Steelers pick.

1. Jarvis Jones - Goes top ten, but you're right: anything's possible.

2. DeAndre Hopkins - Goes R1.

3. Bacarri Rambo - Character issues, and after Rainey & Ta'amu, he'll be off Pittsburgh's board.

4. Marcus Lattimore, Mike Gillislee - I love the idea behind Lattimore (I've suggested the same thing), and like Gillisee.

5. Duke Williams - Will be long gone by now.

I agree: I believe Spence is going to be a very good starter.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #9
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,096 Times in 4,287 Posts

If that's a best case scenario mock, it's actually pretty good. I'd take Jones at 17, but I have a hard time believing he gets by the Jets at 9, let alone the Saints who are switching to a 3-4 defense. But, I suppose anything could happen and that's what makes the draft exciting.

The rest of them aren't bad, but I agree with Teegre - Rambo has character issues and would ultimately be placed off of our boards. I know that Colbert doesn't want that embarrassment again.

Here's where I disagree - we need an ILB. Spence isn't going to be the answer, but could ultimately be our guy for 3rd-and-passing distance. I'm continuing this debate in another thread, but he's too small and has trouble tackling bigger guys (i.e, TEs) and can't blitz effectively.

Nico Johnson is someone we have to take. Decent enough speed but with the ability to blitz and stuff the run at the line of scrimmage. People are knocking on him because of what other scouting sites have said rather than taking a look at him on film. He has the potential to be great and I think Butler will bring that out in him.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #10
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I like all of the picks, because they are all steals. Alas, most of them will likely be gone by the time that the Steelers pick.

1. Jarvis Jones - Goes top ten, but you're right: anything's possible.

2. DeAndre Hopkins - Goes R1.

3. Bacarri Rambo - Character issues, and after Rainey & Ta'amu, he'll be off Pittsburgh's board.

4. Marcus Lattimore, Mike Gillislee - I love the idea behind Lattimore (I've suggested the same thing), and like Gillisee.

5. Duke Williams - Will be long gone by now.

I agree: I believe Spence is going to be a very good starter.
I disagree about Hopkins going round 1 theres about 4-5 recievers in the draft that's ranked above Hopkins.

The only reason I selected Rambo in the 3rd round is because he is the only playmaking safety that would be left Imo and if that's the case I believe we might take a chance. Phillip Thomas would be great but no way he drops to the 3rd.