Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2013 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-27-2013, 08:47 AM   #1
SteelerinSevern
Water Boy

Member Number: 23504
Default My 2013 Steelers Mock Draft

I've decided I'm going to do my mock slight ly different. I'll have all 7 rounds with 2 picks in each round. One offensive player and one defensive player. Hopefully you guys like it and I'd love feedback seeing that I do not post alot. I do however enjoy reading your imput and ideas. Enjoy!

Round 1: Ezekiel Ansah, DE/OLB, BYU: The Senior Bowl definitely put him out of our range. Raw talent. If Harrison is a cap casualty, I would start him immediately and let him learn from his mistakes instead of th Lebeau sit on the bench until your contract it up.
Chance Warmack, G, Alabama: Willie Colon is gone to me. Ramon Foster could potentially sign elsewhere. That leaves our LG spot wide open. This kid opened major running lanes and his size and nastiness are something we could use up front.

Round 2 :David Amerson, CB/S, N.C. State: Theres the possibility the Keenan Lewis may sign somewhere else which would push Cortez Allen into the starting line up. I dont trust Curtis Brown whatsoever which is why I'd draft Amerson here. He could become Ike Taylors future replacement as they are about the same size. Has ball skills and is extremely physical.

Pittsburgh Steelers: Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama: This is a huge need. Mendenhall is gone. Dwyer is always looking for the oxygen tank. Redman is a 3rd down back. Alabama produces running backs year in and out. Long term starter could be found here. Kids a beast.

Round 3: Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M: Mike Wallace probably wont be back. Emmanuel Sanders is a slot reciever with average hands. That leaves us Brown and Cotchery. Need to add depth to that position unless we aquire a decent free agent thats not 35 years old.

Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia: Our safeties arent getting any younger. Need to start to groom for one of the replacements in Troy or Ryan. Size Speed Attitude. Plus the name. I don't know if you can just love a player for the name!

Round 4 :Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford: Was a sucessful RB. Didnt get the love because Andrew Luck was in front of him. Could be a late round steal. This is if we dont go RB early.

Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Florida State: We can never have too many pass rushers. Look at the NYG. They have 2 defensive fronts capable of wreaking havoc all over the field.

Round 5: Kwame Geathers DT, Georgia: Hampton is gone. Ta'amu is probably going to be on parole. The just leaves Mcclendon. We need depth behind him and may be able to create some type of rotation.

Michael Williams TE, Alabama : Miller is going to be out for a while from the knee injury. Paulson lacks size. I think Williams can bring some quality play at that position and could be a redzone target due to size.

Round 6: B.W. Webb CB, William and Mary: Tomlin goes back to his alma mater and gets this kid. Could coach him up to pay the nickel or for general depth at the CB position.

Devin Street WR, Pittsburgh: Brings depth to the position as well. Local product. Could end up being our next Antonio Brown. A Steal in the late.

Round 7: Shamarko Thomas S, Syracuse: Could possibly be coached up as well. Saw alot of good and alot of bad as well. Taking a flier on this safety may not be bad at all.

Zac Stacy RB, Vanderbilt: Change of pace RB taken late. Smaller guy but has all the tools to contribute somehow.

Hopefully you guys enjoy. Agree or disagree. Would love feedback. Thanks for reading and LETS GO STEELERS!
SteelerinSevern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
bubbletownwr88
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17882
Default Re: My 2013 Steelers Mock Draft

i agree with most of this, but just wanted to point out that Devin Street has decided to stay at Pitt for his senior season.
bubbletownwr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 11,431 Times in 4,561 Posts
My Mood: Tired

you make a really good argument for taking a G in the 1st, but this is going to reveal the mood I've been in:

I want something exciting in the 1st. Hard to get excited over a G when the 1st two picks last year were OL.

Thanks for the post.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:22 PM   #4
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,122 Times in 537 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

David Amerson would make a great FS. His coverage skills aren't the best so I don't think he'll make a good corner but if we drafted him and converted him to safety he has the ball skills to be a game-changing Ed Reed type of ballhawk.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:27 PM   #5
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,722 Times in 4,787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
David Amerson would make a great FS. His coverage skills aren't the best so I don't think he'll make a good corner but if we drafted him and converted him to safety he has the ball skills to be a game-changing Ed Reed type of ballhawk.
I'm high on him too. He doesn't need to be great in man coverage because his zone skills have been coming along slowly so far. I'm just afraid that the Steelers will pass on him because they typically like their FS having the ability to stuff the run and help in run support which is something Amerson would struggle with.

He'll get us interceptions, though. That's forsure.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #6
SteelerinSevern
Water Boy

Thanks for all the feedback. I just saw about Devin Street returning to school so I do apologize for that blooper. I agree with all feedback as well as amerson converting to safety. We lack turnovers. Would love more. The G in round one too. I would love a sexy pick. But sometimes you.have to. Address your largest need. Sorry for typos I'm on my cell.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
Steel Glory
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15586

This is what I would like... maybe just wishful thinking.

1. Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
2. Giovanni Bernard, RB, North Carolina
3. Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall
4. D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina
5. Duke Williams, S, Nevada
6. Rick Wagner, OG, Wisconsin
7. Caleb Sturgis, K, Florida
Steel Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:57 AM   #8
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,722 Times in 4,787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerinSevern View Post
Thanks for all the feedback. I just saw about Devin Street returning to school so I do apologize for that blooper. I agree with all feedback as well as amerson converting to safety. We lack turnovers. Would love more. The G in round one too. I would love a sexy pick. But sometimes you.have to. Address your largest need. Sorry for typos I'm on my cell.
S'all good, I know that feeling.

I'd argue that if Jonathan Cooper is sitting there in the second round it'd be a little difficult to pass on him, but I very much doubt Warmack is going to be there at 17. Even if he were, I don't think LG is our biggest need. Lack of turnovers and pressure on the Quarterback are bigger needs right now than our already revamped OLine, and can take a 'sexy pick' in this years draft. Whether it's a WR, OLB or S, we have options in the first round for the first time in a while.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #9
Justp94
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 21937

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerinSevern View Post
I've decided I'm going to do my mock slight ly different. I'll have all 7 rounds with 2 picks in each round. One offensive player and one defensive player. Hopefully you guys like it and I'd love feedback seeing that I do not post alot. I do however enjoy reading your imput and ideas. Enjoy!

Round 1: Ezekiel Ansah, DE/OLB, BYU: The Senior Bowl definitely put him out of our range. Raw talent. If Harrison is a cap casualty, I would start him immediately and let him learn from his mistakes instead of th Lebeau sit on the bench until your contract it up.
Chance Warmack, G, Alabama: Willie Colon is gone to me. Ramon Foster could potentially sign elsewhere. That leaves our LG spot wide open. This kid opened major running lanes and his size and nastiness are something we could use up front.

Round 2 :David Amerson, CB/S, N.C. State: Theres the possibility the Keenan Lewis may sign somewhere else which would push Cortez Allen into the starting line up. I dont trust Curtis Brown whatsoever which is why I'd draft Amerson here. He could become Ike Taylors future replacement as they are about the same size. Has ball skills and is extremely physical.

Pittsburgh Steelers: Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama: This is a huge need. Mendenhall is gone. Dwyer is always looking for the oxygen tank. Redman is a 3rd down back. Alabama produces running backs year in and out. Long term starter could be found here. Kids a beast.

Round 3: Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M: Mike Wallace probably wont be back. Emmanuel Sanders is a slot reciever with average hands. That leaves us Brown and Cotchery. Need to add depth to that position unless we aquire a decent free agent thats not 35 years old.

Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia: Our safeties arent getting any younger. Need to start to groom for one of the replacements in Troy or Ryan. Size Speed Attitude. Plus the name. I don't know if you can just love a player for the name!

Round 4 :Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford: Was a sucessful RB. Didnt get the love because Andrew Luck was in front of him. Could be a late round steal. This is if we dont go RB early.

Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Florida State: We can never have too many pass rushers. Look at the NYG. They have 2 defensive fronts capable of wreaking havoc all over the field.

Round 5: Kwame Geathers DT, Georgia: Hampton is gone. Ta'amu is probably going to be on parole. The just leaves Mcclendon. We need depth behind him and may be able to create some type of rotation.

Michael Williams TE, Alabama : Miller is going to be out for a while from the knee injury. Paulson lacks size. I think Williams can bring some quality play at that position and could be a redzone target due to size.

Round 6: B.W. Webb CB, William and Mary: Tomlin goes back to his alma mater and gets this kid. Could coach him up to pay the nickel or for general depth at the CB position.

Devin Street WR, Pittsburgh: Brings depth to the position as well. Local product. Could end up being our next Antonio Brown. A Steal in the late.

Round 7: Shamarko Thomas S, Syracuse: Could possibly be coached up as well. Saw alot of good and alot of bad as well. Taking a flier on this safety may not be bad at all.

Zac Stacy RB, Vanderbilt: Change of pace RB taken late. Smaller guy but has all the tools to contribute somehow.

Hopefully you guys enjoy. Agree or disagree. Would love feedback. Thanks for reading and LETS GO STEELERS!
Swope is projected in round 4 btw...
lol
But I like that you have Ansah as our first pick. The rest I just don't agree with however.... I don't understand why everyone is so high on Eddie Lacy...he's nothing special. But w/e here's my mock draft lemme know what ya think?

1st. DE/OLB Ezekiel Ansah
2nd. RB Montee Ball* or TE Zach Ertz**
3rd. WR Da'Rick Rogers
4th. FS D.J. Swearinger
5th. ILB Kevin Reddick
6th. DT Montori Hughes or OG Omoregie Uzzi
7th. QB Collin Klein
*Only if the Steelers don't re-sign Mendenhall
** On the slim chance he's still available.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:46 AM   #10
SteelerinSevern
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justp94 View Post
Swope is projected in round 4 btw...
lol
But I like that you have Ansah as our first pick. The rest I just don't agree with however.... I don't understand why everyone is so high on Eddie Lacy...he's nothing special. But w/e here's my mock draft lemme know what ya think?

1st. DE/OLB Ezekiel Ansah
2nd. RB Montee Ball* or TE Zach Ertz**
3rd. WR Da'Rick Rogers
4th. FS D.J. Swearinger
5th. ILB Kevin Reddick
6th. DT Montori Hughes or OG Omoregie Uzzi
7th. QB Collin Klein
*Only if the Steelers don't re-sign Mendenhall
** On the slim chance he's still available.

I agree with it all. Except i expect Montee Ball to fall a little bit further. Maybe to the 3rd round. Klein would be a good young backup. Like swearinger and Rogers alot too. I wouldnt be against this at all. I'm high on eddie lacy because my fathers alma mater is Alabama. A man can dream right? lol.