Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-29-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,144 Times in 2,831 Posts
Default Ravens Media Tidbits At The Super Bowl

By Sunday afternoon the 49ers will be America's Team

Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco criticized the decision to hold the 2014 Super Bowl at MetLife Stadium, according to reports from the NY Post and ESPN. Flacco, who is from New Jersey, commented to reporters during a press conference on Monday:

I think it’s retarded. I probably shouldn’t say that. I think it’s stupid,” said Flacco. “If you want a Super Bowl, put a retractable dome on your stadium. Then you can get one… Other than that I don’t really like the idea. I don’t think people would react very well to it, or be glad to play anybody in that kind of weather.”

http://tracking.si.com/2013/01/29/jo..._a13&eref=sihp

Joe's "retarded' quote will go over well with the league office - maybe Goodell will go after Flacco like he did after Ben during Super Bowl week in Dallas 2 years ago

And Ray-Ray did not have a perfectly wonderful media day

Ray Lewis was given a product to help heal his torn triceps that contains a banned substance, according to a Sports Illustrated report that will appear on newsstands Monday.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...-connected-ped

There's also that pesky bit of Lewis's past—the night in January 2000 where Lewis and his friends drove away as two men bled out in the street after a brawl outside an Atlanta nightclub, the night that got Ray Lewis charged with murder, and later, obstruction of justice, a charge to which he pled guilty. That part of him is no good, either. The football press, normally a Lewis-loving bunch, isn't ignoring it, and that makes Ray Lewis unhappy.

He told assembled media today:
Nobody here is really qualified to ask those questions. I just truly feel that this is God's time, and whatever his time is, you know, let it be his will. Don't try to please everybody with your words, try to make everybody's story sound right. At this time, I would rather direct my questions in other places. Because I live with that every day. You maybe can take a break from it. I don't. I live with it every day of my life and I would rather not talk about it today.

God's time! Of course. It's right there on my iCal. Don't know how I missed it.

http://deadspin.com/5979968/ray-lewi...is-murder-case

Next time the cops pull you over or your wife or girlfriend asks why you are drunk with lipstick on your collar just say it is God's time and His will
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:33 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,774 Times in 2,937 Posts
Default Re: Ravens Media Tidbits At The Super Bowl

Next time the cops pull you over or your wife or girlfriend asks why you are drunk with lipstick on your collar just say it is God's time and His will

check!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173

Ray Lewis showing why while I respect him as a player, why he annoys me as a human being. Really dude stop hiding behind God whenever a difficult question's asked. I could care less that he plays for a hated rival. That attitude in general grates on me. And Flacco's an idiot, does he not know that he plays without a retractable dome for most of the season?
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:12 AM   #4
The_Joker
Team President

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 1,028 Times in 562 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
Ray Lewis showing why while I respect him as a player, why he annoys me as a human being. Really dude stop hiding behind God whenever a difficult question's asked. I could care less that he plays for a hated rival. That attitude in general grates on me. And Flacco's an idiot, does he not know that he plays without a retractable dome for most of the season?
The Rats aren't trying to host the SB though. I agree with Flacco. Also, Ray Lewis is a ****ing ***sy who won't admit to any wrong-doings.
The_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #5
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
The Rats aren't trying to host the SB though. I agree with Flacco. Also, Ray Lewis is a ****ing ***sy who won't admit to any wrong-doings.
He still comes off as a guy who is unaware that he's playing in stadiums without retractable roofs and I don't think it's a "retarded" question either.. Honesty, I'd like to see a cold weather city get a chance at the SB. I realize the business reasons behind not doing so but man as a fan of the sport, I'd like it because the elements are just as key. But to each his own.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote