Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 08-17-2006, 07:30 PM   #11
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: I Cant Stand Bandwagoners....

I didn't have a choice growing up. Both my parents were born close to Pittsburgh. They moved to Indiana before I was born. But my mom didn't give me choice. It was the Steelers or else. I wouldn't want it any other way. I love when people call me a band wagon jumper. I just reply I'm also a Pirates fan and proud of it. I love the Burgh. If I watched hockey I would root for the Pens. Just can't get into hockey.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:43 PM   #12
NHSteelers
Water Boy

Location: I live in New Hampshire originaly from Ohio but a huge steelers fan
Member Number: 2657
Angry Re: I Cant Stand Bandwagoners....

I cant stand that and i live in the middle of bandwagoners. No onereally cared about the patriots in the new england area now that they won a couple they are calling new england fans some of the best in the nation wait until they have a couple loosing seasons and that will go away..
The steelers have always had a long waiting list for season ticket what is it now like 20 years.. upuntil the pats won the sb you could go to the stadium game day and get tickets.. pick a team and stick with them through good and bad...
NHSteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:47 PM   #13
pucho58
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1737

What about fans that have two favorite teams. Like my boy's neighbor,he likes the Steelers and the Colts. WTF,either you bleed black and gold or you don't. Omp.
pucho58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:16 PM   #14
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006
Yeah.. you know who I am talkin' about... the people that join with all us Steelers fans that have been here for like myself... about 25 or 26 years... I will always stick with the Steelers No Matter What....My former sister n law was a Buccaneers fan ...when they won the 1 super bowl... this past season she was a Steelers fan... I hate that...what do you think?
God Bless You All
Elvis
Send back down to Tampa and she can witness the life of a true Steelers fan. I might even allow her to ride in the back of the truck. I might even let her wave the flags around too. While she's at it, she can meet at O'Briens in Tampa to join the rest of the Bay Area Fan Club. Of course, being a band wagoner, she might have to wait outside until a seat becomes available or just be happy with SRO!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:18 PM   #15
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
I didn't have a choice growing up. Both my parents were born close to Pittsburgh. They moved to Indiana before I was born. But my mom didn't give me choice. It was the Steelers or else. I wouldn't want it any other way. I love when people call me a band wagon jumper. I just reply I'm also a Pirates fan and proud of it. I love the Burgh. If I watched hockey I would root for the Pens. Just can't get into hockey.
I wasn't born in Pittsburgh, never lived in Pittsburgh, traveled 3 hours to get there when I did make the journey, now live about 18 hours away, and my daughter doesn't have a choice!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:18 PM   #16
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucho58
What about fans that have two favorite teams. Like my boy's neighbor,he likes the Steelers and the Colts. WTF,either you bleed black and gold or you don't. Omp.
There's no way I could root for two NFL teams...I'm either rooting for the bengals or I'm not rooting at all.

However, in other sports such as NBA, I found it hard in the past to like just one team because I wasn't as interested in it as I am in football or college basketball. Maybe, he's just not a huge fan of the NFL like some of us are.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:28 PM   #17
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006
Yeah.. you know who I am talkin' about... the people that join with all us Steelers fans that have been here for like myself... about 25 or 26 years... I will always stick with the Steelers No Matter What....My former sister n law was a Buccaneers fan ...when they won the 1 super bowl... this past season she was a Steelers fan... I hate that...what do you think?
God Bless You All
Elvis
First of all what does she look like - the sister in law? Then we can decide.

Someone else mentioned the Lakers which is so true. I saw it with the Seahawks last year. Everybody who use to live within 1000 miles of Seattle all of a sudden were 'fans.' There are a lot of Steelers fans everywhere I go and although many are not diehard fans its more about the NFL not topping their list.

The one factor you should consider before banishing bandwagoners is merchandise sales. International sales were through the roof. Can you imagine what kind of revenue will be generated in Korea alone this year and among other Asian countries. You're talking about a completely untapped market until Hines won the MVP. That means more for the Rooneys which will hopefully mean more money spent on the team. More money spent on non-salary cap expenses like coaching and scouting.

Give Kevin Colbert a bigger budget to find great players in late rounds that then translates into lower salary cap numbers by plugging in players at close to salary minimums. And this then makes Omar's job easier too.

Relish in it. Don't frown upon it.

Last edited by Haiku_Dirtt; 08-17-2006 at 09:32 PM.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:46 PM   #18
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
I don't mind bandwagon fans that much. I mind bandwagon fans that flaunt around like they've been fans forever...if you've just recently become a fan, admit to it.
This is true. Then you ask them a bit of simple team questions and they get a dumb look like huh?
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 07:25 AM   #19
Buzz05
Team Captain

Member Number: 2482

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
There's no way I could root for two NFL teams...I'm either rooting for the bengals or I'm not rooting at all.

However, in other sports such as NBA, I found it hard in the past to like just one team because I wasn't as interested in it as I am in football or college basketball. Maybe, he's just not a huge fan of the NFL like some of us are.

There is no way I could root as hard for another team like i do the 'Lers. However, i think there are teams that when they win you say to yourself 'good job' or something along those lines. Teams that do it right, like the Steelers. I am not a KC fan in the least, but i love Larry Johnson. He is from State college and went to penn state, about an hour from where i grew up and i am almost as die hard with PSU as i am with the steelers. I saw him in college a lot when i would go to games. but when he plays pitt this year..i hope he gets 10 yards. The same thing with when Montana played. Granted Im only 23 and was very young when he was in his prime, but he was my first football idol. So i think he can like to see a team do well, as long as they dont play against the steelers, when they play the steelers its death to all those who appose the nation.
Buzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:23 AM   #20
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosdo
This is true. Then you ask them a bit of simple team questions and they get a dumb look like huh?

You want to weed out the Bandwagon jumpers....ask them two questions 1) Where do you watch the game? 2) who was your favorite player during the mid 80's to the early 90's?

If they say they watch the game with friends who are not SteelerFans......uhhh, no

If they can't name a player from the our less than glamerous years.....
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote