Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 08-18-2006, 08:25 AM   #21
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: I Cant Stand Bandwagoners....

I rip on bandwagon fans all the time - they're usually the ones who all of a sudden rush out to buy a jersey after the Steelers won the championship, but you remember seeing the same guy wearing another team's jersey the year before. They're the ones who always says the Steelers suck and they root for a team that wins...until they won it all, and then they turn into the world's biggest fan. Please! Either you stick by them through thick and thin, or you don't. We don't have any room for "fans" who will turn on the team at the first sign of trouble.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:17 AM   #22
SteelerFanInATL
Team Captain

Member Number: 369

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator
We don't have any room for "fans" who will turn on the team at the first sign of trouble.
Those are what I call "Fairweather Fans". Someone who cheers for a team only when the team is doing well. Someone like this can never enjoy success the way a "Diehard Fan" does. What makes it sweet is when the team that you have been behind for better and for worse comes through like you knew they could, thus backing up what you have been telling fans of other teams. Any displaceed Pittsburgher knows exactly what I am talking about as I'm sure alot of you Hommies do also. D@%n it sure does feel good.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:22 AM   #23
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I have no use for bandwagoneers. All teams have them and unfortunately, the Steelers do as well, though most of them hide under the same bridge. Did you ever go over and browse steelers.com? They have the market on the the bandwagon brigade.

I've been a Steelers fan since I was a little girl and went through the glory years of the
70's as well as the frustrating seasons in the 80's and early 90's. Sure I spent many a dollar on aluminum foil to ball up and throw at the TV in the 80's, but I still loved my Steelers and stuck by them through thick and thin. All teams have their good times and their bad - to think otherwise is just foolish.

In response to your question on what to do with your sister-in-law, make her stand in a rubber room alone with Chuccccccky. She'll come out covered in spit from head to toe and probably deaf, but she'll convert.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 09:25 AM   #24
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth
You want to weed out the Bandwagon jumpers....ask them two questions 1) Where do you watch the game? 2) who was your favorite player during the mid 80's to the early 90's?

If they say they watch the game with friends who are not SteelerFans......uhhh, no

If they can't name a player from the our less than glamerous years.....
I like Merril Hoge and Barry Foster for most of them answers and I watch the game at home (direct ticket)

I liked Eric Green too before the drugs

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL

Last edited by ARKIESTEEL; 08-18-2006 at 09:37 AM.
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:47 AM   #25
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKIESTEEL
I like Merril Hoge and Barry Foster for most of them answers and I watch the game at home (direct ticket)

I liked Eric Green too before the drugs

Spoken Like a true fan...I loved Louis Lipps ...double threat at WR and punt returns.....and I watch the games at home ..noone needs to be around me when we lose...and noone is allowed to talk during games...(I wish I could impose that rule on John Madden)

..and hometown girl...I relate to the aluminum foil toss at the tv...I have a foam brick that I specifically remember throwing at Plaxico a couple of times (remember him catching the ball...hitting the ground...not getting touched... and thinking he was down so he left THE BALL where he fell )
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 11:02 AM   #26
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth
Spoken Like a true fan...I loved Louis Lipps ...double threat at WR and punt returns.....and I watch the games at home ..noone needs to be around me when we lose...and noone is allowed to talk during games...(I wish I could impose that rule on John Madden)

..and hometown girl...I relate to the aluminum foil toss at the tv...I have a foam brick that I specifically remember throwing at Plaxico a couple of times (remember him catching the ball...hitting the ground...not getting touched... and thinking he was down so he left THE BALL where he fell )
Mannn!!!

I had one of those foam bricks!!!

AWESOME!!!!

I watch at home...I need to concentrate on the game...

80's Steelers???....god....yeah....Lipps...Bryan Hinckle....Hoge...Brister....lol...David Woodley??....remember him???

Old 08-18-2006, 11:06 AM   #27
AZ_Steeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2700

My biggest thing about the whole band-wagon label is when the Steelers are winning and someone sees me wearing my Steeler stuff and accuses me of being on the band wagon... even my own wife! Of course she's only saying it around other people to get a reaction and to embarrass me... anyways back to what I was saying, it really gets under my skin to have this label thrown at me.

I have never dropped a dime on another teams jersey, shirt, hat, etc. As a matter of fact, when I was about 13-15 years of age my mom took a trip to Denver around the time of the Super Bowl when Denver was playing, and she brought me home a 3.5 inch Denver button saying AFC Champs (the kind with the safety pin on the back of it) I told her I didn't want it because I don't like Denver.

I think I'm going to start a photo album of me, like when I was 5 playing in the yard wearing my Bradshaw or Harris jersey with mt Steeler helemt, and the pictures of me getting my Steeler coat, boots and gloves in the 2nd grade for Christmas, wearing my bright yellow Steeler jacket to Jr High in the late 80's when the Steelers were so-so and putting up with the ridicules, the countless number of pictures of my entire childhood and adulthood sporting a different Steeler cap every single year. Then the next time someone throws that label at me I can throw my book at them :WINK:

The good thing is I don't feel like I need to prove myself around here and everyone seems as die hard as myself!!!
AZ_Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:25 PM   #28
lostsailor73
Water Boy

Member Number: 2804

Hi. Fan from W PA (now living in NC), new to the board. Great site!
What I hate is when people say and think they are hardcore fans just because they have a lot of Steelers gear. Most of those people couldn't name more than 3 or 4 players on the team and don't really follow the game like a true fan should. They're probably the same people who talk during the game. That's why I watch at home or a place where there is nothing to distract from the game.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:30 PM   #29
AZ_Steeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2700

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsailor73
What I hate is when people say and think they are hardcore fans just because they have a lot of Steelers gear. Most of those people couldn't name more than 3 or 4 players on the team and don't really follow the game like a true fan should. They're probably the same people who talk during the game. That's why I watch at home or a place where there is nothing to distract from the game.
I'm with you on that one!!! This past SB my wife asked me where I wanted to watch the game and if I wanted to have people over. I told her NO I want ot watch the game by myself because like you said... they talk during the game! I hope your not classifying me with the "have a lot of stuff group"... my last post I was just trying to say I've been a true follower through thick and thin.

BTW... Welcome to the board! You're right this is a great site!!! I wish I would have found it sooner.

Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 08-18-2006 at 02:33 PM.
AZ_Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:30 PM   #30
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsailor73
Hey LS73! I know that you recognize my name. Where in Johnstown? Good to have you here!

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote