Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
RavensNumberOne
Water Boy

Member Number: 24073
Default What a victory!

Joe Flacco, 9-5 and Superbowl not ELITE ENOUGH FOR YOU?

7 ROAD WINS NOT ELITE ENOUGH FOR YOU?

This year..

John Harbaugh > Jim Harbuagh

Joe Flacco Superbowl MVP > Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Colin Kaepernick!

Dedicated to all my folks in San Francisco for the morning after they came down to REALITY (what did they think a young and inexperienced team with a young and inexperienced QB would actually win the big dance? Were they SERIOUS?!) ..

Ravens football is about LOVE and true RESPECT. We won against three of the best teams in football because we loved the game, we loved our fans, and we had love and respect for our opponents. The haters gossip and mash their teeth but for what? What does all the hate get you? NOTHING. What does love get you? A SUPERBOWL WIN! So lets see, Broncos were 8.5 favorites, New England were 8.5 favorites, even Niners were 3.5 favorites.. what happened there? A lot of silly people lost a lot of money

Don't doubt the Ravens, we LOVE this game enough even to respect our own losses. We TRUST in GOD enough to be thankful for just the opportunities to play. WE are the team folks should bandwagon on, not a bunch of over-hyped hater teams. I am sorry to Denver, I saw y'all fans crying on the TV and YouTube, that was us Ravens and myself last year. We've been there, that is why we respect you. My hats to New England, you had a phenomenal season. The unfortunate reality is so did Ravens. To the Niners? Y'all are just a young football time, which scares me. We will see plenty of y'all in the future. Then again, not if Alex Smith EXPLODES in Arizona

Hey Moss?Jerry Rice called laughing hysterically that you thought you were better than him, even Tony Gonzales is snickering on that one. Hey Culliver? How are you going to be such a bonehead as to openly and unrepentantly DISS part of your OWN FAN BASE? That was embarrassing, they jinx themselves all media week with silly trash talking. Maturity goes a long way. Ravens used to be the same kind of immature team until John Harbaugh came around, hopefully Jim can bring similar discipline to their lockerroom.

Ed Reed. YOU GOT ANOTHER PICK IN YOUR HOMETOWN AT THE SUPERBOWL! CONGRATZ to one of the ALL-TIME greatest safeties. Ray Lewis you finished on top like Elway, such a rare fate which can only come from the Grace of God. Folks just hate because they don't know you, they don't relate to your struggle, but I can, and folks like us know whats up to be like Joseph in Egypt. GOD prevails, destiny and blessings are revealed. What will the NFL do with out our own Jesse Jackson?
RavensNumberOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,229 Times in 3,615 Posts
Default Re: What a victory!

Thanks for stopping by

My question is why?
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
RavensNumberOne
Water Boy

Member Number: 24073

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Thanks for stopping by

My question is why?
I'm just passing through unashamedly to gloat. I've had many ups and downs so I wanted to celebrate. Hey, my teams don't have so many Lombardi trophies lying around we can't count them on a single hand like y'all, let the underdawg get it every once in while yo ;)

Plus Steelers fans are being poor sports and obnoxious about it, like how long it took Flacco with a SB win. How long did it take Elway? Oh right, he had to LOSE a few Superbowls. Flacco has won a play-off game in EVERY one of his starting seasons since a rookie. He has more road wins than any other QB in post-season history, he just beat two of the best QBs IN HISTORY, ON THE ROAD, AND DIDN'T THROW A SINGLE INTERCEPTION TYING WITH JOE MONTANA FOR 12-0 in the post-season. GROW UP.Facts don't lie, Flacco is elite by every single measure, period, and you and all the other haters just look silly right now, a bunch of sour grapes.

Hey I dig it, Steelers-Ravens is a sick rivalry, and I wouldn't DARE root for Big Ben in another Superbowl, HOWEVER, I know what kind of calliber player he is, I know what calliber team Steelers are, and so we RESPECT THEM. All I ask is you respect what Ravens have accomplished, because the rivalry has just effectively been equalized. Since Ravens came to Baltimore we got TWO Superbowls to match the TWO that Steelers got in that same time period. We're also 14-7 in the post-season and y'all are 14-8 since 1996 ;)
RavensNumberOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #4
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,229 Times in 3,615 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensNumberOne View Post
I'm just passing through unashamedly to gloat. I've had many ups and downs so I wanted to celebrate. Hey, my teams don't have so many Lombardi trophies lying around we can't count them on a single hand like y'all, let the underdawg get it every once in while yo ;)

Plus Steelers fans are being poor sports and obnoxious about it, like how long it took Flacco with a SB win. How long did it take Elway? Oh right, he had to LOSE a few Superbowls. Flacco has won a play-off game in EVERY one of his starting seasons since a rookie. He has more road wins than any other QB in post-season history, he just beat two of the best QBs IN HISTORY, ON THE ROAD, AND DIDN'T THROW A SINGLE INTERCEPTION TYING WITH JOE MONTANA FOR 12-0 in the post-season. GROW UP.Facts don't lie, Flacco is elite by every single measure, period, and you and all the other haters just look silly right now, a bunch of sour grapes.

Hey I dig it, Steelers-Ravens is a sick rivalry, and I wouldn't DARE root for Big Ben in another Superbowl, HOWEVER, I know what kind of calliber player he is, I know what calliber team Steelers are, and so we RESPECT THEM. All I ask is you respect what Ravens have accomplished, because the rivalry has just effectively been equalized. Since Ravens came to Baltimore we got TWO Superbowls to match the TWO that Steelers got in that same time period. We're also 14-7 in the post-season and y'all are 14-8 since 1996 ;)
I would respectfully suggest that coming by to gloat is not going to get much respect for the Ravens - to the extent you feel a need to troll speaks more about your own insecurities about needing to be "respected" than Steelers fans being "poor sports"

As far as being one of "the haters" I posted this earlier today here

A lot of life is out of your control (what if Archie Manning had played for the Steelers and Bradshaw had played for the Saints in the 1970s - who would be in Canton then?) - if the Denver DB does not have a brain freeze at the end of regulation the question asked about Flacco would not be whether he is elite but whether the Ravens need another QB to win it all

But instead Flacco had one of the best QB post-seasons in NFL history

Questions I Never, Ever Thought I Would Have to Ask for $200, Alex

Did Joe Flacco just have the best playoffs of any quarterback we've ever seen?

Not joking. This is a conversation that absolutely needs to be had. The Flacchise has numbers that place him into that discussion, and if anything, the numbers might underrate how good he's been during these playoffs.

Let's start with the numbers, though, because they're staggering. Flacco finished the postseason having gone 73-of-126 (57.9 percent) for 1,140 passing yards with 11 touchdowns and zero interceptions. Eleven to zero. Only one other player since the merger has produced a touchdown-to-interception ratio equal to or better than that in the playoffs, and it's a guy who has a pretty sterling postseason reputation: Joe Montana.

Montana's 1989 season pretty clearly stands out to me as the greatest postseason run since 1970, but I've gone ahead and listed some other notable Super Bowl–winning postseasons that might put Flacco's big January into context:...

The article has a chart tat i could not cut and paste

Whatever adjectives you want to attach to Flacco are a matter of personal preference. I just know that there are a lot of "elite" quarterbacks who will never have a playoff run as good as the one Joe Flacco just delivered — and that labels often find themselves obstructed, for better or worse, by the Super Bowl ring on a quarterback's finger.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...in-perspective
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
The_Joker
Living Legend

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,037 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

God ain't real and neither is a Ravens "dynasty" of any sort.

Have a nice day, and enjoy your (well earned) ring before we rip it outta your hands.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #6
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,034 Times in 493 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

Hey, I found some behind-the-scenes footage of Ray after the game last night. Thought you guys might be interested.

[youtube]2QTxWnriPO4&[/youtube]
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PhantomJB93 For This Useful Post:
Fire Arians (02-05-2013)
Old 02-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #7
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11142

The way they played throughout the playoffs, they deserved to win it. They caught a break in that Denver game, but show me a team who hasn't on the way to a ring. Your unnecessary capitalization is silly, no one is disagreeing with you, lol.
dez09231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #8
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,469 Times in 3,939 Posts

Did he really just compare Ray Lewis to Joseph and the coat of many colors?

I guess that makes Big Ben Moses.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #9
The Curtain's Crusader
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17934

Going out on top can only be credited to the "Grace of God"? Ok!

And I suppose God is a Ravens fan?
The Curtain's Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #10
Unkindness
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24512

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Curtain's Crusader View Post
Going out on top can only be credited to the "Grace of God"? Ok!

And I suppose God is a Ravens fan?
Yes he is!

Peyton Manning, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven, GOD was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a pair of faded Colt's and Bronco's flags in the window.
"This house is yours for eternity, Peyton." said GOD. "This is
very special; not everyone gets a house up here." Peyton felt special,
indeed, and walked up to his house. On his way up to the porch he noticed
another house just around the corner. It was a 3 story mansion with a Purple and Black sidewalk, a 50 foot tall flagpole with an enormous Raven logo flag, and in every window, a Raven towel. Peyton looked at GOD and said, "GOD, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I have a question. I was an all pro QB, I hold many NFL records, and I even won a Super Bowl." GOD said, "So whats your point Peyton?" "Well, why does Ray Lewis get a better house than me?" GOD chuckled and said, "Peyton, that's not Ray Lewis's house, it's mine!
Unkindness is offline   Reply With Quote