Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #1
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 19,118 Times in 8,075 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default The HERD: Brett Keisel picks the Ravens to win

Brett Keisel was on Colin Cowherd's show this morning, and Keisel had an interesting take on the SuperBowl.

Keisel said that he is not necessarily "rooting" for the Ravens, but he wants the Ravens to win.

Why? (Cowherd asked, because, Cowherd thought that a Steeler would "obviously" root against the rival Ravens.)

Keisel said that he believes that the AFC North is the best division in football, and that the Ravens winning proves that fact. (Keisel & Cowherd discussed how even the Browns are a "tough out", and that indeed, the AFC North is a very tough divsion.) Thus, in summation, Keisel picked the Ravens to win... even though, he is not "technially" rooting for them.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,559 Times in 4,092 Posts
Default Re: The HERD: Brett Keisel picks the Ravens to win

Makes sense. While I disagree it's the best division in football and talking about the resurgence of the Browns might be a tad early, I do think that we have the best rivalry in sports right now and the best two-team competition in the league.

That being said, go 9ers.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
Lady Steel
Queen Bee
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 5,391 Times in 2,097 Posts
My Mood: Angelic

I think the Ravens are going to win, too. I don't want them to, though, and I definitely won't be cheering for them. GO NINERS!
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

If Kaepernick starts off cold like he did in Atlanta, the Ravens have a chance. If Kaepernick plays well from the start, I don't see how Baltimore is in it in the 4th quarter.

SF is just loaded everywhere.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,559 Times in 4,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
If Kaepernick starts off cold like he did in Atlanta, the Ravens have a chance. If Kaepernick plays well from the start, I don't see how Baltimore is in it in the 4th quarter.

SF is just loaded everywhere.
They're loaded very well on defense but their offense is shaky. I don't understand why people aren't doing what the Rams did - spy a LB in the middle of the field and dare Kaepernick to throw to win. It's not a hard concept, the dude has a terrible deep ball.

If Flacco can attack that mediocre secondary that the 9ers boast then I don't know if San Fran can rebound the yardage Flacco can put up. The match-up that no one is talking about for whatever reason is probably the most important in the game - McKinnie vs. Aldon Smith. If Smith wins that battle, the Ravens have no chance of winning this game. Absolutely none.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #6
torpedoshell31
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24438

On Mike and Mike this morning, Greenie stated that this is the last chance for the Ravens to win a ring for a while with the retirements and age of the team. However he said that the 49ers are poised to be in the mix for the title for the next several years. I'm still rooting for the 49ers, but I wouldn't like them to get 2 or 3 Lombardis in the next 5 years.
torpedoshell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #7
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,630 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

not gonna lie i'd take baltimore +3.5 if i were betting. i just won't because i'll never cheer for them
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #8
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

After reading the story about Lewis's "cheating" this year to come back from a torn bicep - even more reason not to root for the Ratbird!!!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...-connected-ped

This guys unbelieveable. You can ask him questions only not the one's anyone would actually care about! He refuses to talk about the Atlanta murders and now this?!?! And he is the most respected athlete in the NFL today (by his peers)???!!! I hate em even more now. A cheater that you can't confront. Looks like Bubba Suggs should have looked around the locker room for calling old Billicheck a cheater after the AFC title game, he had one in the locker right next to him! But I'm sure he already knew that...
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #9
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

If I were betting, my money would be on the Niners. Better defense, much more mobile QB, better running game (all around). Can't say I'd be surprised either way. I'm not going for anybody though, I likely won't even watch the game. Makes me sick.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:03 PM   #10
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 19,118 Times in 8,075 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedoshell31 View Post
On Mike and Mike this morning, Greenie stated that this is the last chance for the Ravens to win a ring for a while with the retirements and age of the team. However he said that the 49ers are poised to be in the mix for the title for the next several years. I'm still rooting for the 49ers, but I wouldn't like them to get 2 or 3 Lombardis in the next 5 years.
True, the 49ers are loaded... to a degree. Their secondary needs help, as does the receiving corps. More importantly, all of those young players will be getting (or wanting) contracts very soon; in other words, I could see free-agency taking away Navorro or Willis... or, maybe even Aldon. Lastly, like the Steelers, some of their key guys are very old: Justin Smith, Frank Gore. Their upcoming drafts will be interesting to watch. Otherwise, they will be like Green Bay: one championship... and then, "good" for a number of years.

Oh, and when Ray retires (after losing this SuperBowl)... that will make my decade.

SteelCanada,
Agreed. The Steelers-Ravens rivalry is the best in the NFL right now. Sure, other teams can claim to have more storied rivalries (heck, even the Steelers-Raiders has more history)... but, right now, there is no bigger mathc-up than Steelers-Ravens.

Why?

Because, a) both teams are great, and b) because they are so similar in their styles.

The Raiders-Chargers rivalry is weak, because neither is any good. The Cowboys-NYGiants rivalry is decent, but the Cowboys have won one play-off game in over a decade... so, no one really cares. Whereas, the Steelers & Ravens have each been to three AFCCGs in the past five years.

Then, there is the Taperiots-NYJets, which had a few good years... but... it is the finesse team veruss the slobber-knockers... making it more of a "style" battle than an actual rivalry. Conversely, the Steelers & Ravens are both slobber-knockers... and as Jim Rome once said, "It's like watching two heavyweights stand there and go blow-for-blow, until one falls down... and I can not take my eyes off of it."
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote