Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #21
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: If this isn't motivation, what is?

The Ratbirds are obviously better than the Steelers the past couple of years. Proof is in the pudding. And that makes me want to puke. If they don't shore up the damn Oline once and for all, it is going to be a bad year again. We have the pieces in place if they can stay healthy. As long as Adams gets better.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:57 PM   #22
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Yeah this needs to be motivation. Would love to win the division next year and then beat them in the playoffs. They've been better than us the past couple seasons but let's not let them think that this is a changing of the guard because you know damn well that's going to be in their minds.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GMU Steeler For This Useful Post:
caseydog (02-04-2013)
Old 02-04-2013, 12:01 AM   #23
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Thanked 1,138 Times in 556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Winning number 7 is the only thing that will get the bad taste of seeing how this season ended out of my mouth.

Literally everything, EVERYTHING, that could have possibly went wrong, went wrong this season. EVERYTHING I rooted for, the opposite happened.
Tell me about it.....dating back to 2010 all of my favorite sports teams/athletes have had some of their worst losses or sustained devastating injuries

Football,Boxing,Basketball,Tennis,NHL, and Nascar all have been a colossal cluster F*** for me to watch and today just tops it off

Its to the point of ridiculousness

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:11 AM   #24
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

I assume it's all Ben's fault, right?

Yo, if his receivers keep dropping balls, and the Steelers obsess about possession, the QB can't bail you out every time in the end. When are the receivers on this team going to start making the tough catches? Guess they still have to prove they can make the easy ones first. When will the defense go back to being a big-play defense and not a stat defense? When will special teams not suck? When will that dominate Stiller running game show itself? When will the Steelers realize it's about points and not possession?

I'd worry about all that long before I worry about Ben.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:36 AM   #25
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,725 Times in 701 Posts

2013 starts now. Time to get better. Not remotely worried about Baltimore right now. They'll have their own issues. They put on one heck of a post-season run. I'm focusing on our current team and intrigued to see if we can mount a comeback in September.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:42 AM   #26
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post

Yo, if his receivers keep dropping balls, and the Steelers obsess about possession, the QB can't bail you out every time in the end. When are the receivers on this team going to start making the tough catches? Guess they still have to prove they can make the easy ones first. When will the defense go back to being a big-play defense and not a stat defense? When will special teams not suck? When will that dominate Stiller running game show itself? When will the Steelers realize it's about points and not possession?

Now stop it, this is not all Ben's fault. Geez. Just because I want to hold him a little more responsible, doesn't mean I'm putting this all on him. The TEAM has a lot of work to do, but time will tell to see how bad Ben wants it.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:46 AM   #27
JVip
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24397
My Mood: Psychedelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
Ravens the Champs. Bruce Arians is Coach of the Year and Joe freaking Flacco is Superbowl MVP.
Let's go Steelers, we have work to do.
When you put it thst way..,
JVip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:48 AM   #28
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

8-8 Season.

Miss the Playoffs.

Watching your division rival win the division two years in a row.

Division Rival wins a Super Bowl.

Division Rival's QB wins Super Bowl MVP. Your QB hasn't won one yet.

Ravens have proven that they are by and far the new masters of the AFC North. No Questions asked. They have the microphone, and no question they will fling some smack talk over into Pittsburgh's direction in the upcoming future. May even invite the Steelers to their SB Party on Thursday Night Kickoff. This team has a lot of work to do.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:55 AM   #29
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,725 Times in 701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
8-8 Season.

Miss the Playoffs.

Watching your division rival win the division two years in a row.

Division Rival wins a Super Bowl.

Division Rival's QB wins Super Bowl MVP. Your QB hasn't won one yet.

Ravens have proven that they are by and far the new masters of the AFC North. No Questions asked. They have the microphone, and no question they will fling some smack talk over into Pittsburgh's direction in the upcoming future. May even invite the Steelers to their SB Party on Thursday Night Kickoff. This team has a lot of work to do.
For what it's worth, the Steelers have been a goddamn DOMINATE force for a LONG TIME. It can flip in a BLINK OF AN EYE. At one point, we went to 3 Super Bowls in 5 years, winning 2. What did a team like the Ravens do? Not sit, cry and moan how they can't beat us. They went out and got it fucking done. I expect us to do the same. We can come back as early as next season and do the damage.

And Roethlisberger was MORE THAN MVP worthy in Super Bowl XLIII.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:05 AM   #30
caseydog
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1361
My Mood: Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post

What went wrong is history.

I believe the Steelers have the talent to win number seven. I hope the ratbirds can't keep their mouths closed, and that the Steelers feed off it.

The Steelers need to get that passion back. I just didn't see it this season. I've been a Steelers fan since 1971, when I was ten years old. I can sense when the passion is there, and when it is not. I didn't sense it this year.

With any luck, the ratbirds will bring it back. I want to see my Steelers get mad. I want to see my Steelers play with a chip on their shoulders. Not a few of them, the whole team. Practice harder, prepare better. They have the talent. Just get it done.

CD