Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 02-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #31
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727
Default Re: 2013 Opponents & Early Predictions

Poor offensive line play,

The Oline did not play all that poor until everybody got hurt. Ben was on pace to only take about 30-35 sacks this year before things fell apart.

If everyone stays healthy, the Steelers Oline is looking pretty good for next year:

LT - Marcus Gilbert (2nd rd pick)
LG - Kevin Beachum possibly (depends on how Ramon Foster and Willie Colon contract sittuation plays out)
C - Pouncey (1st rd pick, Probowl every year)
RG - David DeCastro (1st rd pick, easy future Probowler)
RT - Mike Adams (2nd rd pick)

D getting a major overhaul,

That will be a very good thing for the Steelers. They have been holding on to several high-priced vets for too long. It has kept $$$$ tied up that could be better spent on some roster depth, so something like the Chargers and Cowboys games don't happen again.

When on the field, the youth movement has outperformed the agining fossils for the last couple seasons anyhow. Time to turn them loose.

no running game

Depends. They should just bring Mendenhall back. The new zone-blocking scheme fits his running style perfectly.

and people have to start being worried about Big Ben's future.

No, we really don't.

Until he got hurt in a fluke accident this year against KC, he was on pace to break all his previous records and was being mentioned in MVP discussions. With another year in Haley's system and a better Oline, he will achieve those numbers next year.

As someone already pointed out-- if your Ravens could not beat Charlie Batch, then they should be happy Ben was hurt for both games. He would have nuked your secondary.

With the season on the line he blew it big two weeks in a row and cost the Steeler's a shot at the division and possibly playoff glory.

He was injured pretty severely a couple weeks prior and became a new father during that timeframe. We can excuse the mistakes because it was obviously due to the circumstances, not his ability.

His injuries are mounting and he doesn't look quite as mobile as before and once again even the most diehard Steeler fan has to admit the O line is a disaster with few signs of hope.

Just because you keep saying it, does not make it so. The Oline has been improving and will continue to next year.

Ravens playoffs next year easily, SB no.

That is just silly.

You guys backed into the playoffs this year, but the difference next year will be-- there won't be any Ray Lewis to carry your team for you. There might not be any Ed Reed either.

If you think you will be able to move on without losing a step-- you are deluding yourself. You don't shed two hall of fame players in one offseason and pick up right where you left off.

Throw in the "post-SB contentment" factor, the usual SB hangover, late draft picks, and I think we can safely assume the Ravens will be competing with Cleveland next year for the AFC North's bottom.

PS Harrison treated his dog like a pos which is why the dog bit his kid.

Since it was mostly a free-roaming dog, I assume you are talking out your ass.

Typical ghetto douche owning a Pitbull he can't properly take care and then pretending to be surprised when it attacks (being the trash Harrison is he was probably beating it and neglecting it).

Yeah, I don't know if you want to be accusing players on other teams of being thugs, when your own team houses:

a) a thug who got away with murder
b) another thug who likes AK-47s and beat up his girlfriend in front of all their illegit kids

My pitbulls have never attacked anyone without me telling them to (especially children)

Tell you what, dumbass. I have NEVER heard the owner of a pitbull that just attacked somebody say:

"Yeah, that dog was really violent. I totally saw this coming."

Nope-- it is always 'but he was such a gentle dog, he never hurt anybody before'. Unless you keep your mutt locked up when your little kids are around-- you are on no higher grouond whatsoever.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #32
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Here is a question for you, CHARLES:

Your guys just won the SB. WTF are you doing trolling a Steelers forum? Do the Pittsburgh Steelers own that much real estate in the minds of every Ravens fan?

When we won our SBs, the Ravens and their stupid fans were like the last thing on our minds....
Old 02-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #33
charlesk
Banned

Member Number: 24477

An answer for you my good Sir. Same reason Steeler fans started ten different threads in regards to Ravens the past two days. It's fifty percent schadenfreude and fifty percent gloating that the Ravens are going to steamroll the Steelers next year as well. The tide is definately turning in the Ravens favor now; thanks in part to your lousy front office and questionable coaching.
charlesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #34
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 7,211 Times in 3,115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesk View Post
An answer for you my good Sir. Same reason Steeler fans started ten different threads in regards to Ravens the past two days. It's fifty percent schadenfreude and fifty percent gloating that the Ravens are going to steamroll the Steelers next year as well. The tide is definately turning in the Ravens favor now; thanks in part to your lousy front office and questionable coaching.
Questionable coaching, like letting Charlie Batch look like Tom Brady against your secondary. Oh, a secondary that is going to be significantly weaker without Eddy at the helm. I'd love to see how the leadership is on that team with the unibrowed 'elite' Quarterback putting the team on his back and not stabby.

Keep talking shit, though. It's funny to read comments from people that are a) uneducated and b) obviously very young. But, I shouldn't expect more from a Ravens fan, I suppose.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:02 PM   #35
charlesk
Banned

Member Number: 24477

Ich kann mehr Sprachen als Sie sprechen (quebecoise si vous preferez Msr.) und Ich verdiene mehr Geld als Sie. Sicherlich.
charlesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:17 PM   #36
MaidenIndiana
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10557

Quote:
Ich kann mehr Sprachen als Sie sprechen (quebecoise si vous preferez Msr.) und Ich verdiene mehr Geld als Sie. Sicherlich.
Speak english
MaidenIndiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #37
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,014 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
LOL, stream-roll. What a goddamn fluke you frauds were this year. But can't blame you guys. You caught the AFC in its worst year yet when the competition wasn't so vaunted as it was some years ago. Of course, fluke plays help like Ray Rice's 4th and 29 and the real MVP of the season, Jacoby Jones, wins atleast 3-4 games on special teams ALONE when Baltimore slopped all over the field.

Bask in the glamor all you want, you deserve it. The more you reside here only a few days after winning the Super Bowl, the bigger fruitcakes you all become.

Seriously, the tide isn't turning in the slightest. You didn't score one offensive touchdown in one meeting with the Steelers, one who took Jacoby Jones (again) to run a punt back in a 3 point victory all the while going up against a hapless Byron Leftwhich forced to throw to a nobody WR core at the time. We all know what Charlie Batch did IN Baltimore, carving up the most overrated team in football in their house, starting Baltimore's 4/5 losing skid.

It wasn't until you drew a very unprepared and young Colts team in the WC round missing the damn COACH OF THE YEAR due to illness, fueling off of RayRay's retirement party and a sheer MIRACLE throw against Denver to send the game into overtime and Denver's conservativeness for the win.

I don't expect Baltimore to get so many damn flukieness, fraudulent bounces for another entire season in '13. Bank on it.

PS: We'll see how "lousy" your front office can become tied down to one mediocre QB to the tune of 20 million dollars! Say goodbye to entire talent that carried Flacco's ass to begin with. Those big, bad, clutch wideouts like Boldin won't be around forever plucking aimlessly jumpballs out of the air for Flacco's entire career. Believe that.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:39 PM   #38
aa14
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24529

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
LOL, stream-roll. What a goddamn fluke you frauds were this year. But can't blame you guys. You caught the AFC in its worst year yet when the competition wasn't so vaunted as it was some years ago. Of course, fluke plays help like Ray Rice's 4th and 29 and the real MVP of the season, Jacoby Jones, wins atleast 3-4 games on special teams ALONE when Baltimore slopped all over the field.

I assure you, Ratfuck. Bask in the glamor all you want, you deserve it. The more you reside here only a few days after winning the Super Bowl, the bigger fruitcakes you all become.

Seriously, the tide isn't turning in the slightest. You didn't score one offensive touchdown in one meeting with the Steelers, one who took Jacoby Jones (again) to run a punt back in a 3 point victory all the while going up against a hapless Byron Leftwhich forced to throw to a nobody WR core at the time. We all know what Charlie Batch did IN Baltimore, carving up the most overrated team in football in their house, starting Baltimore's 4/5 losing skid.

It wasn't until you drew a very unprepared and young Colts team in the WC round missing the damn COACH OF THE YEAR due to illness, fueling off of RayRay's retirement party and a sheer MIRACLE throw against Denver to send the game into overtime and Denver's conservativeness for the win.

I don't expect Baltimore to get so many damn flukieness, fraudulent bounces for another entire season in '13. Bank on it.

PS: We'll see how "lousy" your front office can become tied down to one mediocre QB to the tune of 20 million dollars! Say goodbye to entire talent that carried Flacco's ass to begin with. Those big, bad, clutch wideouts like Boldin won't be around forever plucking aimlessly jumpballs out of the air for Flacco's entire career. Believe that.
LOL! Those tears are salty. Flacco is a superbowl MVP. Deal with it. Hope you enjoyed watching the only important football of the year without a dog in the hunt. I'll be honest, I can see the Steelers competing for the WC /w CIN but Dalton is rising and Ben is getting older and injury prone. Ben was the best QB in the division for a long time but times are changing. The sooner you find a coping mechanism the better it will be for all. Cheers, buddy!
aa14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:44 PM   #39
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 14,203 Times in 5,987 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa14 View Post
LOL! Those tears are salty. Flacco is a superbowl MVP. Deal with it. Hope you enjoyed watching the only important football of the year without a dog in the hunt. I'll be honest, I can see the Steelers competing for the WC /w CIN but Dalton is rising and Ben is getting older and injury prone. Ben was the best QB in the division for a long time but times are changing. The sooner you find a coping mechanism the better it will be for all. Cheers, buddy!
Before he got sacked & injured, BB was not only the best QB in the AFCN, he was one of the best QBs in the entire NFL (i.e. a contender for the MVP).

I hear what your saying about him having to stay healthy... agreed: one can not win anything from the sidelines. But, he WILL heal... and WILL be right back to where he was right before the injury: having a career season.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:45 PM   #40
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,014 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa14 View Post
Not salty at ALL. It's exactly what's needed, actually. How did your tears taste after we went to 3 Super Bowls in 5 years? How did your tears taste when we whipped that ass to a Lombardi in the AFC Title game? How did yours taste from an epic comeback in 2010 divisional round (one San Fran ALMOST and SHOULD of duplicated from 5 yards within' in the Super Bowl) ?

It's football. All those seasons, you were forced to get better and challenge us. Don't think for a second we aren't one or two more injury-free games away from qualifying for the playoffs and knocking your ass out of them again. We're capable.

As for Ben, he's still the best QB in the division. He was having a career year and considered league MVP before severing his ribs while Flacco was putting up negative QBR ratings! Flacco is a 23 TD to 13 INT ratio kind of guy with a few PUTRID QBR performances to show for it. Like I said, can't push the field down to nobody when you can't mix and match your salary cap to keep guys like Boldin and Smith around! Good luck. We'll be waiting.