Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #151
scottcurtis
Banned

Member Number: 24767
Default Re: Big Ben vs Joe Flacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcurtis View Post
Tell me 2 QB's fatter then Ben ?

Proof is in the chins !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kjyuu.jpg (9.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg BenRoethlisberger2.jpg (19.1 KB, 10 views)
scottcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #152
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
The problem is that the Steelers aren't scoring enough by means other than the pass. The passing game is doing virtually all the work in terms of scoring TDs. It's time for the rest of the team to help out.
Very true.

I will be one of the first to say I was wrong about our run game this year. Prior to the start of the season-- I was pretty self-assured that Redman and Dwyer would be able to fill in Mendy's role without missing a beat.

Boy, was I wrong. They were absolutely terrible on the ground this year.

I don't think Redman got a good chance to show his stuff- just so happens that he was hurt to start the season when he may have finally had his chance to shine. it is what it is I guess.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #153
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
You know where 33 TD passes would rank among all NFL teams? 5th. Yes, Roethlisberger had the passing game on pace to score the fifth-most TDs in the NFL had he not been injured. When you consider that the Steelers only scored nine non-passing TDs all season (eight running, one defense, zero special teams), improving the TD pass tally from 26 to 33 would have only improved the Steelers to 15th in total TDs scored, despite ranking in the top five in TD passes.
That's really great that Roethlisberger would have finished 5th in TD passes... if you play fantasy football.

Here is where the team ranks over the past 5 years in scoring: 22, 21, 12, 12, 20. Not very good for a top 5 quarterback.

Mm hmm I have seen people use the TDs scored by non passing stat before. 8 running touchdowns is terrible and directly relates to poor offensive production. You think running backs are breaking 20+ yard touchdown runs regularly? Or are runningbacks punching the ball in from the 1 as a result of a highly functioning offense?

I don't expect the defense to score I expect the defense to keep the other team from scoring (although the defense and special teams contributed hugely to the Superbowl wins).

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #154
NSMaster56
Living Legend

Member Number: 23979
Thanked 3,926 Times in 1,779 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw04ca View Post
Garrard was a starter for 5 years.
4 1/2 years. Only five total if you count the half season he filled in for an injured Leftwich in 05.

In any event, in that time he only played Big Ben thrice compared to Flacco playing Ben eight times in five years (and Brady playing Ben six times in seven years).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw04ca View Post
During that time he played the Steelers 3 times and beat them twice, including a playoff win. It's not exactly a storied rivalry, but it is a history. It illustrates why I don't think that David 'owns' Ben or the Steelers or anything like that.
Agreed.

Hence why a Garrard vs. Big Ben is faulty compared to Flacco vs. Big Ben and/or Big Ben vs. Brady.

It's not that Big Ben 'owns' Flacco (although it'd be easy to argue that Brady 'owns' Big Ben) or that Flacco has been bad when he plays the Steelers (he actually has a 11-5 TD/INT ratio vs. the Steelers and 8/3 vs. Big Ben, superior to Ben), but rather that Big Ben, based on the metric which matters most (H2H record), has been better than Flacco when they have played.

In fact, and FWIW, Flacco's playoff stats vs. the Steelers are ugly. Big Ben wipes the floor with him.

Until that changes it's unfair to say definitively that the Ravens 'have solved' the Steelers or that Big Ben and co. are 'done', as such a statement is not in any way factual.
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #155
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
Where do these two guys stack up against each other in the regular season and postseason?
I think Flacco has been a very good QB who has improved steadily, whereas Ben is a great QB who started out on the highest trajectory, but hasn't really improved as consistently as expected. He's still ahead of Flacco, no doubt about it. But lets watch as the careers unfold; it could be a tortoise and hare scenario, you never know. But Ben has the higher upside, and it will all depend on what he's got inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
But while we have been bashing Joe Flacco for years, has he silently become a viable postseason passer?
The truth is that Flacco has played quite well throughout his career. Too many Steelers fans can't recognize talent unless it's in black and gold. Right from the beginning, I thought, "Uggh, Baltimore finally has a QB."
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
Ill tell you mine

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rogers
3. Peyton Manning
4. Drew Breese
5. Eli Manning
----------
heres where it gets tough
6. Kaepernick
7. Ben
8. Ryan
9. Flacco

Luck RG3 and Wilson could all make arguments, but too early to call any of them consistent.
I feel stupider after having read this thread. This list is a good example of why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowherpower View Post
agreed. but Ben is not elite either. I would think ranked from 8-12 for both with Ben ahead for now
This guy's list was another good example, Ben 8-12 LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers5895 View Post
Lets not get all wrapped up with kaepernick. Think Kordell Stewart.
Uhhhhh, one of these guys can hit a moving target with a football, and the other can't hit the side of a barn.
Quote:
The comparison has nothing to do with team philosophy, and everything to do with the quality of weapons each QB has been given.
That's a very good point. It applies to the OL, the WRs, the backs, the OC (until this year) and the HC (yes Veronica, there is a big gap here). And of course, there's the perennial comedy of the Steelers special teams - but Ben has been blessed with the better defense.

Overall, Ben has made an awful lot from the poor hands he's been dealt over the past five years.

The black and gold ostrich of rebuilding denial.

Last edited by TheVet; 02-07-2013 at 11:45 PM.
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:35 AM   #156
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

Wow for all the shit I took for saying Ben isn't that great anymore, everyone now seems to agree, that's strange, lol. By the way Ray lewis has the same amount of rings as he does murder indictments :P.

Ben Vs Joe... Joe plays really freekin well in the play offs, Ben doesn't. We are trading our #1 pick and our 1 and 2 picks next season for Alex Smith? anyone think he might be bens replacement?
Old 02-09-2013, 06:39 AM   #157
VaDave
Team President

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,651 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
Wow for all the shit I took for saying Ben isn't that great anymore, everyone now seems to agree, that's strange, lol. By the way Ray lewis has the same amount of rings as he does murder indictments :P.

Ben Vs Joe... Joe plays really freekin well in the play offs, Ben doesn't. We are trading our #1 pick and our 1 and 2 picks next season for Alex Smith? anyone think he might be bens replacement?
It's got to be drugs.....LOL!!

We are not trading two years of # 1 draft picks for anybody. We have way too many holes to fill. Now if you want to incude that fullback of their's, Rocky Bowman, a few other players of off their starting Oline, in ADDITION to Smith, maybe you got something there.
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #159
VaDave
Team President

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,651 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
Apparently weed isn't the only thing burning in that pipe.
I guess that's why he calls himself "Blaze" maybe???
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #160
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaDave View Post
I guess that's why he calls himself "Blaze" maybe???
I thought it was because his meth lab blew up one night and he was seen running down the street on fire.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote