Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #31
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 18219
Default Re: Big Ben vs Joe Flacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent View Post
I think he took issue like we all are with you saying that a Qb that has only started 11 games is the 6th best QB in the league.
I can understand that part, but that's my opinion. I was talking about this season, not their careers, What did Ben do this year? played well for 9 games got crushed, then sucked for his last 5 games, and his team missed the playoffs. What did Kapernick do this year, Lead his team to the superbowl, won some games in the playoffs, I don't think they would have won with smith. Id trade Ben for Kaepernick right now if it were possible. Thats how much talent I see in him I assure you he will be a great QB for years to come.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #32
Steelers5895
Starter

Member Number: 23994

Its hard to compare.

So lets try this:

Better Running back- FLACCO
Better Line- FLACCO
Better Wide Receivers- FLACCO
Better TE- BEN
Better Special Teams (field position)- FLACCO
Better Defense- PUSH

Ben needs another Hines Ward NOT another MIke Wallace. If Ben had Flacco's targets he would be putting up sick numbers.
Rick5895 (02-05-2013), stairway27 (02-05-2013)
Old 02-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #33
Steelers>NFL
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 15311

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
I can understand that part, but that's my opinion. I was talking about this season, not their careers, What did Ben do this year? played well for 9 games got crushed, then sucked for his last 5 games, and his team missed the playoffs. What did Kapernick do this year, Lead his team to the superbowl, won some games in the playoffs, I don't think they would have won with smith. Id trade Ben for Kaepernick right now if it were possible. Thats how much talent I see in him I assure you he will be a great QB for years to come.
Well, Kap did play behind a GREAT offensive line, that did not miss one play this past season. If Kap played behind the Steeler's banged up line, he probably would not have played nearly as well.
Steelers>NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #34
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Top QBs by scoring offense:

1. Brady 2. P. Manning 3. Brees 4. RG III 5. Rodgers 6. E Manning 7. Ryan 8. Schaub 9. Wilson 10. Flacco

My list:

1. Brady 2. P Manning 3. Brees 4. Rodgers 5. RG III 6. Ryan 7. E Manning 8. Flacco 9. Roethlisberger 10. Wilson

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #35
cowherpower
Banned

Member Number: 24556

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
8-12? lol please tell me your top 8
If starting a franchise today and basing decision on age and upside alone, not thinking about past performance. Strictly who would I want for the next 5-7 years as franchise QB and considering QB position is evolving into a more athletic type

Luck
Kaepernick
RG3
Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Wilson
Eli (has two rings and came up bigger than Ben in SB)
Newton
Peyton (only because he is elite now but unlikely to play 5 years otherwise higher)
Ben
Flacco
Ryan
Romo
Cutler

If I had to have one for just next season:

Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Kaepernick
Peyton
Eli
Ryan
RG3
Ben

Kaepernick is a stud plain and simple. If you can't see his cannon arm, running ability, poise at such a young age and with lack of experience then you are blind. I would say that he more so than RG3 is the face of the new NFL. I say this because while skill wise they are about tied, Kaepernick is bigger and won't get injured. Kaepernick has better chance of making Pro Bowl next year than Ben imho. Doesn't mean Ben is horrible, just not elite and body is breaking down. He had his time. With hard work and more film study, maybe better blocking and a running game, all possibilities this offseason, he can vault himself back into the top 8 discussion.

Last edited by cowherpower; 02-04-2013 at 02:56 PM.
cowherpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #36
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,299 Times in 3,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
Ill tell you mine

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rogers
3. Peyton Manning
4. Drew Breese
5. Eli Manning
----------
heres where it gets tough
6. Kaepernick
7. Ben
8. Ryan
9. Flacco

Luck RG3 and Wilson could all make arguments, but too early to call any of them consistent.
But you call Kaepernick consistent after a half season of work and a Super Bowl where Cowher and Marino said he was too inexperienced to call plays quickly? - got it
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Atlanta Dan For This Useful Post:
stairway27 (02-05-2013)
Old 02-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #37
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowherpower View Post
If starting a franchise today and basing decision on age and upside alone, not thinking about past performance. Strictly who would I want for the next 5-7 years as franchise QB and considering QB position is evolving into a more athletic type

Luck
Kaepernick
RG3
Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Wilson
Eli (has two rings and came up bigger than Ben in SB)
Newton
Peyton (only because he is elite now but unlikely to play 5 years otherwise higher)
Ben
Flacco
Romo
Cutler
In 5-7 years, Brady will be 41-43, Manning 42-44, Brees 39-41.

Your list sucks.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to maddog78 For This Useful Post:
stairway27 (02-05-2013)
Old 02-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #38
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsteel View Post
Are you freaking serious??? Kaepernick ahead of Ben. You should be banned for making that list public.
okay I'm talking about the 2012-2013 season who the top QBS were here is Kaepernicks stat lines

40 yards dash in 4.53 by the way

13 games played, 62.4 completion%, 1, 814 passing yards, 15td(5 were rushing) , 3 INT
2 fumbles 76.8 qbr 98.3 RAT, 415 rushing yards

not to mention all his playoff sucess, can't remember exactly but he ran for like 250 yards and passed for over 300 against the falcons thats over 500 yards of total offense in a play off game

Bens line

13 games played 63.3 completion % 3,265 passing yards, 28 td, 8 INT 5 fumbles 62.8 qbr, 97.0 rat, 92 yards rushing.
missed play offs, blew a bunch of games when he wasnt healthy at the end of the year.

not all 13 games kaepernicks games were starts which accounts for the less yards passing, otherwise I've got a damn good argument for who was better this season

courtesy of espn.com
Old 02-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #39
nikstar
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15652

Flacco is a good starting quarterback. I remember after his 2nd year I really felt worried because "oh crap, Baltimore actually found a half decent quarterback, first since air Mcnair"(who was questionably washed up by the time they got him). Flacco has a much better supporting cast in front of him though. When the Ravens picked up Boldin from Arizona I believed he was the best receiver in the NFL at the time. He had more yards than Fitz on that team, and was taller, more athletic/physical. I was shocked with how un-spectacular he played in the last couple of years and he really shined these playoffs. Baltimore also had a quality running back in Ray Rice, and an O-line that played outstanding in the big game against a defense that sent pressure a lot (something Ben hasn't had since his first years). Combine that with a tough defense and you can easily see why the Ravens made and won the Superbowl.

Saying all that, I can't stand the fact that Flacco won the MVP. He probably deserved it playing a stellar game, but I was really hoping Jacoby Jones was going to get it after that huge runback to start the 2nd half. I shudder to think if Baltimore somehow lucks into another Superbowl in the next decade, and wins. Flacco would probably be considered before Ben for HOF contention. That would be disgraceful seeing as everyone knows that without Ben, Steelers wouldn't make it past an AFC championship game. In my opinion Ben's 2008 Superbowl drive is the greatest drive ever played in the NFL.

I'm hoping Ruthlessberger won't take Flacco's MVP laying down and will make his own case next season.
nikstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #40
cowherpower
Banned

Member Number: 24556

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
In 5-7 years, Brady will be 41-43, Manning 42-44, Brees 39-41.

Your list sucks.
may be, but they all have a great chance at another ring in that time. More so than Ben. Your response sucks
cowherpower is offline   Reply With Quote