Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #111
VaDave
Team President

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,621 Times in 919 Posts
Default Re: Mike Wallace turned down $10 million a yr deal from Steelers

I'm with you Franco. I'm fairly certain we will field a team this year......
VaDave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #112
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
Will the Pittsburgh Steelers Regret Letting Mike Wallace Test the Open Market?

March 7, 2013 by Dan Parzych

As much as the Pittsburgh Steelers would like to bring back Mike Wallace for the 2013, it’s basically impossible at this point considering how much they’re already struggling to get under the salary cap. Of course, the main question that will most likely be in the back of their minds until the regular season gets under way–will they end up regretting the decision to not give Wallace a long-term deal last year when they had the chance?

Over the last three years, Wallace has proven to be one of the most dangerous and effective receivers in the NFL as he’s caught 196 passes for 3,286 yards and 26 touchdowns. Clearly, Wallace is the type of receiver that any team would be lucky to have and whatever team does end up signing him–it’s safe to say he’ll play a big impact when it comes to how well they perform during the 2013 season.

This is one of those unfortunate situations for Pittsburgh considering they would love to provide Wallace with the long-term deal he’s fought so hard for, but it’s just impossible to make happen at this point in the offseason. If the Steelers really wanted to keep him around for the long run, they would have put more of an effort to make sure he stuck a round for the long run last offseason when he was holding out of camp for a new contract.
Hopefully, the Steelers don’t look back at their situation and regret not signing Wallace when they had the chance. Otherwise, Pittsburgh’s passing game could be in for a long season in 2013.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/0...tW5D3fO6KxA.99

who's this douche?
what part of wallace turning down the offer and not wanting to be here doesnt he understand?
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:20 AM   #113
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,329 Times in 4,412 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

New team for Mike Wallace by the weekend?

March 6th, 2013
Mark Kaboly | Tribune-Review

Even though free agency doesn’t start until 4 p.m. March 12, we very well could find out where Steelers free agent wide receiver Mike Wallace will land by this weekend.

The NFL added a three-day tampering window back in October that permits players, teams and agents to talk to one another before a potential free agent’s contract is up.

Now, it’s not like these meetings haven’t taken place in past years, but this year it will actually be legal under the new terms set forth by the NFL.

So, it is very possible that we could hear something about Wallace and where he will sign not long after 4 p.m. on Saturday even though it won’t become official until the beginning of the new football year March 12.

Speaking of Wallace, with the signing of Kansas City wide receiver Dwayne Bowe to a 5-year, $56 million deal the other day and when you take in account that Vincent Jackson got a deal just like that last year, look for Wallace to at least get the 5-years and $56 million (likely more) when he signs.

That might sound crazy to you, but not to former NFL executive Bill Polian.

Polian, who is most known for with his days as Buffalo’s GM during their first three Super Bowls and president of the Colts during the Peyton Manning era, thinks Wallace fits perfectly into the mold of what a high-priced free agent looks like.

” He is productive. He has great speed, which is always something that is desirable in a receiver,” Polian said. ” He falls within the reasonable age parameters and he hasn’t had a high history of injury When you look at all of the things that you use to try to decide whether or not you want to pursue a player, he checks every box with few question marks.”

Polian said there aren’t many red flags at all when it comes to Wallace.

“He’s a guy that most people will feel is pretty desirable but, again only the market will tell,” Polian said. ” This is in many ways like an IPO. There is a lot of discussion, there is a lot of analysis, but only the market will tell you whether it’s going to go or not.”

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/...LyIXzg.twitter
Old 03-09-2013, 12:57 AM   #114
Stu Pidasso
Assistant Coach
Supporter

The only thing Wallace was good for last year was tying up an extra defender so Heath and Antonio Brown could get open. Walace is a one trick pony (speedy post patterns) and will quickly be rendered useless to a dynamic defense.
Stu Pidasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:08 AM   #115
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 7,669 Times in 3,123 Posts
My Mood: Amused

He did some great things while with the Steelers, but he's not worth that kind of money. I'll take my chances with a draft pick or two.
pczach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #116
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,329 Times in 4,412 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Mike Wallace free agent rumors: Dolphins 'lead dog' to sign WR, per report

By Adam Stites on Mar 9 2013

The nice South Florida weather could be the reason that Mike Wallace chooses to join the Dolphins.

With multiple teams prepared to pay Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace plenty in free agency, the Miami Dolphins are the "lead dog" to acquire the receiver thanks to their warm climate, according to Alex Marvez of FOX Sports.

But the steamy climate where the Dolphins are based could be the tiebreaker as Wallace mulls where to play.

"He prefers warm weather," the source said.

Wallace, 26, was a third-round pick of the Steelers in the 2009 NFL Draft out of the University of Mississippi, and quickly made an impact on the team with 32 touchdowns in four seasons. The deep threat is consistently among the NFL's best in yards per reception, although his production dropped off some in 2012 with the absence of Ben Roethlisberger.

The Dolphins were content to trade away receiver Brandon Marshall during the 2012 offseason, but struggled to find a replacement for him in the passing game. While Brian Hartline accumulated 1,083 yards receiving, no wideout on the team managed to haul in more than one touchdown pass, and the lack of receiving threats made things difficult for rookie Ryan Tannehill.

Per Marvez, Wallace is expected to draw offers that would average between $11 and $12 million per season.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/9...ncy/in/3847997
Old 03-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #117
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,206 Times in 3,462 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

I'm surprised we haven't heard where he's going yet. i'm guessing as time passes he's going to get more and more money. Doesn't seem worth it.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #118
Stairway to 7
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24340

He'll get paid and and toss it off, he showed his true colors already,. the Steelers were right about Santonio Homes who was better than Wallace on his day, and we'll be proven right about this sulking, whining, no effort andcan't catch bitch too.
Stairway to 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #119
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,803 Times in 1,825 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
I'm surprised we haven't heard where he's going yet. i'm guessing as time passes he's going to get more and more money. Doesn't seem worth it.
he is traveling all over the place and buying six figure cars before he even gets his big pay day - can you say "T.O." -

I hope for Wallace's sake he learns how to save, but, he doesn't seem all that smart.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #120
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,524 Times in 4,075 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
he is traveling all over the place and buying six figure cars before he even gets his big pay day - can you say "T.O." -

I hope for Wallace's sake he learns how to save, but, he doesn't seem all that smart.
Wallace's attitude might be similar to TO but Owens in his prime was ridiculous. If he had 1/2 of the talent Owens had, he'd be resigned.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote