Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 02-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #71
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 5,023 Times in 2,383 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Ben Roethlisberger is our John Elway

"You're not a Steeler fan 'cause you said " or "I'm a bigger fan than you "

Ben is a top 5-10 QB in the league. Maybe he was in top 3 discussion following XLIII and his legacy has taken a little hit since then. So has Brady's and Manning's.

Ben has a wide ranging skill set that no other QB has - he has shown flashes of becoming just as efficient as Brady - without the great O-line and with the ability to still make a play once his pocket collapses. He isn't outside of criticism either - nor are his supporting cast that have been really lacking in the big games that expand the season or send them packing. \

Ben took the "almost but note quite" Steelers franchise and put them over the top. Before he retires, he'll at least get us 2-3 more legit shots at #7.

Quit comparing sizes and get back to some real arguing already
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #72
Blacksburg Zach
Team President
Supporter

Super Mario Flash Champion! Ragnarok Champion!
Member Number: 24584
Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,085 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
I agree with you on Manning's failure but you have to also give credit to Flacco for beating Manning and Brady when both of those future Hall of Famers were playing at home. I don't see a scenario where Tebow gets past Flacco. Flacco is too clutch in the playoffs. Flacco should have gone to the Superbowl last year but Evans had that pass knocked from his hand in the end zone and Cundiff failed miserably. Flacco outplayed Brady in back to back years in New England.
Flacco did not beat Manning and Brady. The Baltimore Ravens beat the Denver Broncos and the New England Patriots. Flacco did outplay both these quarterbacks, but Flacco and the rest of his offense beat their defenses, not the quarterbacks themselves.
Blacksburg Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #73
scottcurtis
Banned

Member Number: 24767

Quote:
Originally Posted by pczach View Post
Look. Anybody that knows anything about football understands you need a team around you to succeed. I'm messing with you because all you ever post is anti-Roethlisberger tripe. I've looked at your posting history, and that has been the subject of every post you have made that I read. That is not the work of a true Steeler fan. That is an agenda. I don't know why a fan that supposedly wants his team to win would come to a message board and only talk about one player on that team, and nothing else. If you did, you would have much more credibility with me. There are others members here that I disagree with on Big Ben, and go back and forth in posts, but I agree or disagree with them on many other topics in this forum. That I can respect. Someone that just beats a drum on one thing seems shallow and that there is an undisclosed reason for it. It doesn't come across as being a fan in any shape, matter, or form.
Oh your a TRUE Steelers fan cuz you LOVE BEN... well guess what come down on the Motorhome we take to every home game, pay $200 to just park the friggin thing, pay the $3500 i pay every year for my season tickets and the $300 in food , booze and beer we put out.... Just cause I dont swing from BENS BALLS like you or others here do doesnt mean Im not to a Steelers FAN. I just dont like BEN. PERIOD. He is a PHONY, not worth what hes getting paid. This offense sucks with HIM. He has ZERO character on and OFF the field. ZIP,NONE,NADA !!!!
scottcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scottcurtis For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (02-11-2013)
Old 02-11-2013, 02:33 AM   #74
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcurtis View Post
Oh your a TRUE Steelers fan cuz you LOVE BEN... well guess what come down on the Motorhome we take to every home game, pay $200 to just park the friggin thing, pay the $3500 i pay every year for my season tickets and the $300 in food , booze and beer we put out.... Just cause I dont swing from BENS BALLS like you or others here do doesnt mean Im not to a Steelers FAN. I just dont like BEN. PERIOD. He is a PHONY, not worth what hes getting paid. This offense sucks with HIM. He has ZERO character on and OFF the field. ZIP,NONE,NADA !!!!
I thought that this was a really good post. Very unique take on the quarterback situation.

I have to agree that Ben is very overrated. 9 seasons running an offense that has been arguably a top 10 offense once or twice and never approached, sniffed or hinted at the possibility of becoming dominant.

The part that bothers me is the same as you... the constant barrage from the nuthuggers who will spit on every Steeler player in the team's history to build Ben up, and ridicule any Steelers fan who doesn't believe in Ben.

Enjoy the games next year!

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster

Last edited by lloydwoodson; 02-11-2013 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Edited for punctuation.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lloydwoodson For This Useful Post:
scottcurtis (02-11-2013)
Old 02-11-2013, 03:10 AM   #75
scottcurtis
Banned

Quote:
I thought that this was a really good post. Very unique take on the quarterback situation.

I have to agree that Ben is very overrated. 9 seasons running an offense that has been arguably a top 10 offense once or twice and never approached, sniffed or hinted at the possibility of becoming dominant.

The part that bothers me is the same as you... the constant barrage from the nuthuggers who will spit on every Steeler player in the team's history to build Ben up, and ridicule any Steelers fan who doesn't believe in Ben.

Enjoy the games next year!.
Thanks will do !
Old 02-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #76
Gnutella
Head Coach

Member Number: 13861
Thanked 2,684 Times in 984 Posts
My Mood: Bitchy

Quote:
Oh your a TRUE Steelers fan cuz you LOVE BEN... well guess what come down on the Motorhome we take to every home game, pay $200 to just park the friggin thing, pay the $3500 i pay every year for my season tickets and the $300 in food , booze and beer we put out....
A little less money spent on booze, a little less brain damage.

Quote:
Just cause I dont swing from BENS BALLS like you or others here do doesnt mean Im not to a Steelers FAN. I just dont like BEN. PERIOD. He is a PHONY, not worth what hes getting paid.
The Rooney family disagrees. Maybe you should take it up with them.

By the way, all those other players that the rest of us "throw under the bus"...well, Rashard Mendenhall and Mike Wallace aren't welcome back, and Todd Haley's philosophy means Max Starks, Willie Colon and Ramon Foster are all more than likely gone. That's five starters on the offense from this past season -- nearly half the starting offense -- who the coaches and executives consider poor fits for the team going forward, and we're supposed to believe the root of the problems on offense is the QB?

If anything, these moves simply reaffirm what I've been saying that Roethlisberger has the worst weapons of any top-tier (yes, kiss my ass, eat shit, fuck you, top-tier) QB in the NFL. I don't see any other team with a top QB getting ready to dump nearly half their starting lineup on offense this off-season.

By the way, all the money you spend, and your avatar of the Steelers logo surrounded by the old Iron City logo, don't make you the least bit credible in your opinions. You're just as phony as you think Roethlisberger is. Go fuck yourself.
Gnutella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #77
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 5,023 Times in 2,383 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Just saw the ticker on NFL AM- not shocking, but Colon expected to be released soon - probably just another slow day at the office and just a rehash of old news

Secondly - I'll just make a brief assessment before I gotta go - I think we all forget that just about every team goes through a period of change. In the modern NFL winning 2 SBs and making another appearance is pretty huge with the same group of guys. That time has come to an end - its painful, and we could be going through another sub par year - but, have faith - I truly believe we'll at least see an improvement from last season and who knows - could get that much better.

Humble pie plus change is just what this team needs at this stage. Refocus and enough of the bashing already. I'd personally (cause you all care so much ) like to see more discussions around how we can squeeze the most out of Ben's last 5-6 years here. I really believe we have 2 to 3 more legit shots at 7 with him.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #78
scottcurtis
Banned

Quote:

Enjoy the games next year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
A little less money spent on booze, a little less brain damage.
LOL bitches will always be bitches !!! !

The Rooney family disagrees. Maybe you should take it up with them.

By the way, all those other players that the rest of us "throw under the bus"...well, Rashard Mendenhall and Mike Wallace aren't welcome back, and Todd Haley's philosophy means Max Starks, Willie Colon and Ramon Foster are all more than likely gone. That's five starters on the offense from this past season -- nearly half the starting offense -- who the coaches and executives consider poor fits for the team going forward, and we're supposed to believe the root of the problems on offense is the QB?

If anything, these moves simply reaffirm what I've been saying that Roethlisberger has the worst weapons of any top-tier (yes, kiss my ass, eat shit, fuck you, top-tier) QB in the NFL. I don't see any other team with a top QB getting ready to dump nearly half their starting lineup on offense this off-season.

By the way, all the money you spend, and your avatar of the Steelers logo surrounded by the old Iron City logo, don't make you the least bit credible in your opinions. You're just as phony as you think Roethlisberger is. Go fuck yourself.
Bitches will always be Bitches.... right back at yeah Benlover.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #79
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

I'm a BR7 fan, but he is no where close to being as " clutch " as John Elway...That's not a knock, i'm not sure anyone is.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #80
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,750 Times in 4,798 Posts

Quote:
Bitches will always be Bitches.... right back at yeah Benlover.
Liking Ben Roethlisberger is now an insult?

I don't even know how to answer this.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote