Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #1
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,087 Times in 4,588 Posts
Default Titus Young reportedly says he's better than Megatron

Titus Young reportedly says he's better than Megatron

By Chris Wesseling
Around the League Writer
Published: Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:13 a.m

A week before the Detroit Lions officially released insubordinate wide receiver Titus Young, the Detroit News alluded to the possibility of serious mental and emotional issues.

"I have been told that the organization has pleaded with Young to get help," beat reporter Chris McCosky wrote. "They have set him up with therapists. He has not cooperated."

The first sign that Young's antics had become more disturbing than amusing was the revelation that he sabotaged his own offense by purposely lining up in the wrong spot. The second sign was going rogue on Twitter in an intentional effort to gain his release from the Lions.

Now we have a third sign that Young is detached from reality. In a Christmas conversation with high school coach E.C. Robinson, Young claimed to be every bit as good as fellow Lions receiver Calvin Johnson, the NFL's receiving yards leader in each of the past two seasons.

"He did tell me he thought he was just as good Megatron," Robinson told the Detroit Free Press. "I said, 'Come on, man. Who you talking to?' I said, 'Come on, you're as good as that guy? This guy is the real deal.' And he really believes this. And he was sincere about it. 'Ah man, I'm better than him.' I said, 'No you're not. Be real man. Come on.' So I don't know, I'm hoping for the best for him."

The Lions' scouts, as well as the personnel departments of the other 31 NFL teams, were well aware of Young's character issues coming out of Boise State. Perhaps the experience with the troubled receiver finally will lead to a tightening of the screws in Detroit.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-than-megatron

-- lol? This guy does need psychiatric help if he thinks he's better than Calvin. This guy can't be for real. Either he's acting out because he needs some help or he's that immature and a bit of a headcase comparing himself to CJ. To be honest, I don't know which is worse.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142
Default Re: Titus Young reportedly says he's better than Megatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Titus Young reportedly says he's better than Megatron

By Chris Wesseling
Around the League Writer
Published: Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:13 a.m

A week before the Detroit Lions officially released insubordinate wide receiver Titus Young, the Detroit News alluded to the possibility of serious mental and emotional issues.

"I have been told that the organization has pleaded with Young to get help," beat reporter Chris McCosky wrote. "They have set him up with therapists. He has not cooperated."

The first sign that Young's antics had become more disturbing than amusing was the revelation that he sabotaged his own offense by purposely lining up in the wrong spot. The second sign was going rogue on Twitter in an intentional effort to gain his release from the Lions.

Now we have a third sign that Young is detached from reality. In a Christmas conversation with high school coach E.C. Robinson, Young claimed to be every bit as good as fellow Lions receiver Calvin Johnson, the NFL's receiving yards leader in each of the past two seasons.

"He did tell me he thought he was just as good Megatron," Robinson told the Detroit Free Press. "I said, 'Come on, man. Who you talking to?' I said, 'Come on, you're as good as that guy? This guy is the real deal.' And he really believes this. And he was sincere about it. 'Ah man, I'm better than him.' I said, 'No you're not. Be real man. Come on.' So I don't know, I'm hoping for the best for him."

The Lions' scouts, as well as the personnel departments of the other 31 NFL teams, were well aware of Young's character issues coming out of Boise State. Perhaps the experience with the troubled receiver finally will lead to a tightening of the screws in Detroit.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-than-megatron

-- lol? This guy does need psychiatric help if he thinks he's better than Calvin. This guy can't be for real. Either he's acting out because he needs some help or he's that immature and a bit of a headcase comparing himself to CJ. To be honest, I don't know which is worse.
Not sure being a cocky asshole rookie qualifies you for being mentally unstable, but I think it is hilarious that he told them he was better than Megatron and they told him to seek therapy.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #3
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Titus Young to be waived by St. Louis Rams
By Kareem Copeland
Around the League Writer
Published: Feb. 15, 2013 at 03:22 p.m.

It didn't take long for Titus Young to wear out his welcome with the St. Louis Rams. The team announced Friday their intentions to waive the mercurial receiver. This comes 10 days after they picked him up off waivers following his release from the Detroit Lions.

"We felt that he was not the best option for us at the position," coach Jeff Fisher said. "We saw Titus as an outstanding young player. The things that took place in Detroit were well documented from a media standpoint.

"We spent probably four or five days with him. At the end of the interview process, we decided it was best for us to go a different direction."

The Rams were the only team to put in a waiver claim after the initial release. This is not a good sign for the player that proclaimed he's better than Calvin Johnson. Sources told The Shadow League's Rob Parker that Young might not play again. If true, that's an extreme waste of talent. So much for learning from the Detroit experience.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-st-louis-rams

I guess the Rams couldn't handle his greatness.

Exactly how much of a douchenozzle do you have to be for the Rams to not want you around long enough to stitch your name on a jersey?

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #4
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 7,561 Times in 3,154 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

maybe he asked for calvin johnson money
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #5
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
maybe he asked for calvin johnson money
He should have asked for his skill set and sense of reality.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #6
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111

maybe he needs to lay off the bath salts
WVABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #7
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

If this is true it's a tale of unparalleled hubris. Macbeth-esque
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote