Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-20-2005, 12:28 PM   #21
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420
Default Re: Big Ben on front page

[QUOTE=BigBen2Ward]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan21

What I mean by that is you Bengals fans do this every year, ever since the Jeff Blake days.....every offseason the fans think they are going to the SB, and they never give real teams like the Steelers credit, but come the regular season we wup up on them, and the Bengals are on pace to finish below 500 and then the fans shut up, and quit runnin their mouths......until the next offseason of course.
i agree we do, but this year we are much more improved,and with marvin we have something to be excited about.
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 12:38 PM   #22
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

I think the Bengals are closer than ever before, but there was Bengals teams of the past that I thought would rise to the next level......and they didn't. I think their are some real issues on that defense, and they are gonna have to step it up, but they are gonna be so young and new to the D and the NFL......it will be tough. I dont know if the Bengals can do it with just a great WR, an above average RB, and a young unproven QB. It is a nice core, but it may take a few seasons.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:40 PM   #23
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBen2Ward
I think the Bengals are closer than ever before, but there was Bengals teams of the past that I thought would rise to the next level......and they didn't. I think their are some real issues on that defense, and they are gonna have to step it up, but they are gonna be so young and new to the D and the NFL......it will be tough. I dont know if the Bengals can do it with just a great WR, an above average RB, and a young unproven QB. It is a nice core, but it may take a few seasons.
Thats true, the offense will need to put up alot of numbers to pick up the slack of the defense. But on the other hand I have noticed that one week the offense will show up and the defense won't and it's the defense showing up and not the offense the following week, if they can just all show up at the same time they will have a decent team. I agree Carson needs to prove himself and Rudi needs to carry the ball more to take preasure off of him. As for the defense we have a few good veterans and some rookies that will be great one day, I don't expect a superbowl this year but I don't want to have to accept anything less then a playoff bound season.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:00 PM   #24
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

BB2W: I'll see you up there.
Cleve: Come down and bring the whole crew...make sure it's a game that the Steelers are not on TV around here though...a lot of the usuals will watch the game at home if it's on. But most of the time the place is pretty filled with Steeler fans!
Bengalsfan: I agree with BB2W here. Every offseason I hear the same thing. I think you guys are on the way up...but I have thought the same for the past 2 years and it still seems to end up the same (the best being 8-8). Maybe this year you will prove me wrong, but I think one of the Bengals big problems is finishing out games and knowing how to win!
Old 06-21-2005, 01:01 PM   #25
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7
Bengalsfan: I agree with BB2W here. Every offseason I hear the same thing. I think you guys are on the way up...but I have thought the same for the past 2 years and it still seems to end up the same (the best being 8-8). Maybe this year you will prove me wrong, but I think one of the Bengals big problems is finishing out games and knowing how to win!
You always have to make a comment to make me don't you.
I hope the bengals will do something this year to I won't except anything less then a playoff year, if however they don't go to the playoffs I will move to Cleveland and root for the Browns.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:53 PM   #26
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

The bengals are a team that is so used to losing close games, and having losing seasons year in and year out, that even though you do have talent, it takes quite a while to develop a winning attitude, and that's something that the players have to believe in, and that just takes time. And it comes w/ winning close games, winning 2 or 3 games in a row before you lose one..not going on a 3 or 4 game skid before you win a game, and most off, confidence in ur offense to be able to drive down and score w/ 2 minutes to go on ur own 20.. and in ur defense to be able to come up w/ a 3 and out or a game winning turnover.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 10:13 PM   #27
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
The bengals are a team that is so used to losing close games, and having losing seasons year in and year out, that even though you do have talent, it takes quite a while to develop a winning attitude, and that's something that the players have to believe in, and that just takes time. And it comes w/ winning close games, winning 2 or 3 games in a row before you lose one..not going on a 3 or 4 game skid before you win a game, and most off, confidence in ur offense to be able to drive down and score w/ 2 minutes to go on ur own 20.. and in ur defense to be able to come up w/ a 3 and out or a game winning turnover.
Your absoluely right, and I hope they develop that winning attitude this year.... as I see it with the offense they should be able to put up enough numbers to make the playoffs. I only say that bc Indy did it with a terrible defense and the Bengals have some what of D.