Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 02-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #11
67 calsteel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 21936
Default Re: Free Agent Possibilities?

Moore would be great but a team that needs a qb will take him.
Foote's replacement
Larry Grant san francisco -play well two years ago replacing willis.stuck behind willis

Foster and Colon replacement
Kevin Boothe Giants. Starting left tackle who's strength is run blocking.Can also play center
Donald Thomas Pats looked good this year in limited play.

agree about Otah take a chance

allens replacement
Corey Lynch strong special teams player who played well in limited time at strong safety
67 calsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 67 calsteel For This Useful Post:
wwhickok (02-06-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #12
67 calsteel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 21936

If Lewis is not signed.
Leodis McKelvin CB Buffalo has more starting Experience than Lewis.Think with Lake help Could be real good

Injury risk players to look at
Louis Delmas FS-good young player that can not stay healthy.Because of this will not get offered large contract.May be able to get at reseasonable price with large bonus if he is healthy and plays all16 games.Since he has never playerd a full season the bonus could be a NLTBE and would not count against cap

Tracy Porter never played a full season same bonus as above.Sign for depth
67 calsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #13
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Well, given our OC connections, it would be nice to snag Bowe from KC, but i doubt that will happen. Other than RB the only real need from FA would be OLB. There are a couple out there so maybe.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #14
Steelers5895
Starter

Member Number: 23994

QB- Vince Young, Tyler Thigpan or David Carr
RB- Jackie Battle- big power back and can catch out of the backfield, will come cheap
RB- Joique Bell- love this guy, he is restructed so he would be worth picks if low picks
WR- Buress- no brainer

Not worried about OL as we can draft players fo the line. We have depth even with the loss of starks and colon

On defense, you dont see many free agent signings that often. Usually we bring back players like McFadden and Foote or draft based on the completxities of the defense.

If we look FA, look at anyone available on a Dom capers or Jim Haslett defense as those are very similar to Dick Lebeaus

In fact there is an ILB who took over for Desmond Bishop and DJ Smith on the inside when they got hurt and he played awesone and he is a FA. Cant think of his name.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #15
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,365 Times in 566 Posts

Ahmad Bradshaw has just been released by the Giants. Giants fans sad to see him go. I'm not a big rahrah free agent type, but I'd look at this as a possibility. Bradshaw would immediately bring attitude to our backfield and that's exactly what we need. Would be a nice splash for once.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #16
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

Wouldn't mind Bradshaw. Better than rolling out anybody currently on the roster. I'd still rather have Jackson though if we're going for FAs.

(Also, David Wilson will absolutely tear it up for the Giants next year)
PhantomJB93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #17
FrancoLambert
Team President

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,671 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Ahmad Bradshaw has just been released by the Giants. Giants fans sad to see him go. I'm not a big rahrah free agent type, but I'd look at this as a possibility. Bradshaw would immediately bring attitude to our backfield and that's exactly what we need. Would be a nice splash for once.
When he's healthy.

He's always seems to be injured and lately more frequently.

Would't go near Greene or Hillis. Greene = Dwyer.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:43 PM   #18
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,951 Times in 4,645 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

The Pittsburgh Steelers have Expressed Interest in CFL OL Jovan Olafioye

By Kyle Curry on February 6, 2013

The Pittsburgh Steelers have expressed interest in Jovan Olafioye an offensive lineman from the Canadian Football League.

Olafioye has played the last three seasons with the B.C. Lions. Olafioye was the best offensive lineman in the CFL in 2012 and is hoping to make an NFL roster in 2013.

Olafioye has the ability to play both offensive tackle positions. He went unstaffed out of North Carolina Central and signed with the Lions of the CFL.

Fifteen teams have worked out Olafioye, but according to KFFL the Steelers have interest in signing him.

The Steelers have Marcus Gilbert, Mike Adams, and Kelvin Beachum who can all play tackle, but they will lose Max Starks this off-season.

Olafioye is only 25 so he is equal to an older draft pick, but he already has three years of Pro Football experience.

He also possess tremendous size and is listed at 66″ and 325 pounds.

If the Steelers sign him they will have fewer holes to fill on the offensive line. Olafioye could also fight for a starting job if he is as good as advertised.

http://steelblitz.com/the-pittsburgh...568/2013/02/06
Old 02-07-2013, 12:14 AM   #19
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
The Pittsburgh Steelers have Expressed Interest in CFL OL Jovan Olafioye

By Kyle Curry on February 6, 2013

The Pittsburgh Steelers have expressed interest in Jovan Olafioye an offensive lineman from the Canadian Football League.

Olafioye has played the last three seasons with the B.C. Lions. Olafioye was the best offensive lineman in the CFL in 2012 and is hoping to make an NFL roster in 2013.

Olafioye has the ability to play both offensive tackle positions. He went unstaffed out of North Carolina Central and signed with the Lions of the CFL.

Fifteen teams have worked out Olafioye, but according to KFFL the Steelers have interest in signing him.

The Steelers have Marcus Gilbert, Mike Adams, and Kelvin Beachum who can all play tackle, but they will lose Max Starks this off-season.

Olafioye is only 25 so he is equal to an older draft pick, but he already has three years of Pro Football experience.

He also possess tremendous size and is listed at 66″ and 325 pounds.

If the Steelers sign him they will have fewer holes to fill on the offensive line. Olafioye could also fight for a starting job if he is as good as advertised.

http://steelblitz.com/the-pittsburgh...568/2013/02/06
Rumor is that the Ravens offered him a contract before. He rejected it as it didn't meet his asking price. If that's true I say the Steelers' chance of getting him is very slim.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:35 AM   #20
IowaSteeler927
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 2,435 Times in 1,109 Posts
My Mood: Tired

I would love to see Shonn Greene in a Steelers jersey! From a homer standpoint being a Hawkeyes fan I'd love nothing more than to see one of my favorite Hawks ever join my favorite NFL team. As a Steelers fan and football fan in general I think he could honestly be a good fit. He's not a burner but he doesn't go down easily and I think he was a victim of teams stacking up to take away the run from the Jets because Mark Sanchez just doesn't put fear into the heart of any defense. I think he's a good back and he seems to stay relatively healthy despite taking a pounding and dishing it out as well. I think he's better than Mendenhall, Jonathan Dwyer, or Isaac Redman for that matter. I can imagine he wouldn't command a huge contract either.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote