Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #51
jacobo
Team Captain

Member Number: 24766
Default Re: Ravens ahead of Steelers, but change can come quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
As I posted earlier on a Ravens board, I really don't want a Steelers - Ravens week 1 game. Save those games for late November / early December when it's cold, physical and these games mean everything to both teams. Put them both in primetime and watch the best rivalry in football, arguably sports, play.
Well you know they're going to put them a week apart just when we're at our most vulnerable. NFL schedule makers are some of the biggest trolls in the country.
jacobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #52
LW56
Water Boy

Member Number: 13666

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
If by own the division you mean split games with the Steelers backup quarterbacks, and have an 0-2 playoff record vs the Steelers and Flacco having a 2-6 record vs Ben then... yes, the Ravens own the division.
Wrong...the rats are 0-3 vs. the Steelers in the playoffs.b
LW56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:22 PM   #53
LW56
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacksburgSteeler13 View Post
Right, it's delusional to think that one NFL team, a division rival no less, can beat another NFL team. And for that matter, who's "we?" I didn't realize you and other Ravens fans were out there making tackles, scoring touchdowns, or making football decisions for the Ravens.
He is a loser at life...He says "we" because he lives vicariously through the ravens.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:12 PM   #54
LW56
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa14 View Post
No, that's not what I meant by "owning the division". The Ravens own the last two division titles and the latest Super Bowl. Talking about the games that become more and more distant is pointless. The Ravens and Steelers are different teams. It's been quite awhile since the Steelers were a dominating force in the league and I see nothing that will change that going into the next season. Ben is one year older, one year further beaten due to a horrendous o-line. Flacco no longer has Cam Cameron holding him back and what a difference it has made.
The Rats don't own the division sport...the Steelers just let division opponents borrow it from time to time:

Steelers 20 division titles
Bungles 7
Clowns 6
Rats 4

The Steelers are undefeated (9-0) when playing division opponents in playoff games:

3-0 vs. the Rats
2-0 vs. the Clowns
1-0 vs. the Bungles
3-0 vs. the then Houston Oilers

The Steelers own winning records vs each division opponent:

63-57 vs the Clowns
53-33 vs the Bungles
21-15 vs the Rats

Think of the AFCN as a cage made of STEEL and owned by a Steeler... and in this cage are three little animals, a tiger, a dawg, and a raven ratbird.
The Steeler on occasion will let one of you filthy animals out of the cage and let you become the division champs.

Back into the cage next year ratbird.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:00 AM   #55
aa14
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24529
Thumbs down Re: Ravens ahead of Steelers, but change can come quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW56 View Post
He is a loser at life...He says "we" because he lives vicariously through the ravens.
How is this type of filth allowed? If I started calling Steeler fans "losers at life" I'd be banned in a heartbeat. He has three posts in a row designed to lure me into the lowest of low type of conversation. You guys really want this type of malcontent roaming your forum? I'm not going to address anything he said because nothing good can come of it. Disgusting.
aa14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:03 AM   #56
aa14
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24529

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobo View Post
Well you know they're going to put them a week apart just when we're at our most vulnerable. NFL schedule makers are some of the biggest trolls in the country.
I really hope not. Although Ben was injured for both games having them almost back to back was definitely anti-climatic. I want a week one showdown because only because I am so hungry for more football and nothing says football to me more than Ravens vs. Steelers. I know it's probably not the best for either of our teams, especially for the Ravens.
aa14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #57
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316

How are the Ravens "ahead" of the Steelers?

If we are talking about a historical perspective, it's not even close. The Steelers are lightyears ahead of the Ravens in terms of success, tradition, and fan base.

What about the present? I think the Steelers are in a different phase than the Ravens. Pittsburgh is starting to experience age on defense, have to work with cutting spending on big contracts, and having to turnover their veterans and bring in some younger players through free agency or the draft. But that's not new. Every team goes through it. It's just that different teams go through it at different times. It's part of the game.

If you want to argue Baltimore is "younger" than Pittsburgh, then okay, I agree. They have more young "up and coming" players than Pittsburgh at RB, WR, and a few positions on defense. So what though? The Steelers have plenty of young guys, but they have to step up and make an impact. If they can do that, then I don't see why these teams aren't on the same page here.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #58
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
How are the Ravens "ahead" of the Steelers?

If we are talking about a historical perspective, it's not even close. The Steelers are lightyears ahead of the Ravens in terms of success, tradition, and fan base.

What about the present? I think the Steelers are in a different phase than the Ravens. Pittsburgh is starting to experience age on defense, have to work with cutting spending on big contracts, and having to turnover their veterans and bring in some younger players through free agency or the draft. But that's not new. Every team goes through it. It's just that different teams go through it at different times. It's part of the game.

If you want to argue Baltimore is "younger" than Pittsburgh, then okay, I agree. They have more young "up and coming" players than Pittsburgh at RB, WR, and a few positions on defense. So what though? The Steelers have plenty of young guys, but they have to step up and make an impact. If they can do that, then I don't see why these teams aren't on the same page here.
Nothing matters except RIGHT NOW......RIGHT NOW they are the Champs. I can;t stand the Ravens and never will but at this point they are the team to beat. Great motivation!!
harrison'samonster (02-23-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #59
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,966 Times in 3,375 Posts

Every time the Ravens have a better year than the Steelers we hear this about the Ravens taking charge, or being in charge of the division. They won it last year, good for them, congratulations. Their fans should enjoy the victory.

However, at this point everybody is 0-0 and nothing is going to be given. Nobody is in charge of the division and believing media hype can get a team in trouble.
VaDave (02-23-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #60
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Nothing matters except RIGHT NOW......RIGHT NOW they are the Champs. I can;t stand the Ravens and never will but at this point they are the team to beat. Great motivation!!
If you look at it that way, then okay fine I agree. Steelers have to go out there and knock them off next year. It's been a few years since we have won the division. There would be nothing like dethroning the defending champs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
Every time the Ravens have a better year than the Steelers we hear this about the Ravens taking charge, or being in charge of the division. They won it last year, good for them, congratulations. Their fans should enjoy the victory.

However, at this point everybody is 0-0 and nothing is going to be given. Nobody is in charge of the division and believing media hype can get a team in trouble.
Yep, it's a new year. Everything is earned, not handed out. The Steelers will have to demonstrate they deserve to win.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote