Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
Steelers5895
Starter

Member Number: 23994
Default Any players we can trade for?

I wonder if there is any player, WR or on defense that may have run his course with their current team that may be up for grabs in a Bettis like trade?

I am not looking for dreams but legit chance of getting. none of can figure cap stuff so I wont factor that.

One guy that stands out that has to be fed up where he is and wants a shot at a championship is Larry Fitzgerald.

Even with a new regime, no quarterback and he is in for another frustrating year or 2 until they find one.

I can see a 2nd and a 4th getting him.

The steelers can move down from 17 to get more picks and still get Elam at safety.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516
Default Re: Any players we can trade for?

Like the thought but the Bettis trade seems popular on this forum as far as trying to get soemthing similar but I think that is extremely rare. Meaning, we got lucky. I just don't see the Steelers doing it. There are definitley some names but we should focus on keeping our guys and drafting well. Don't change our whole way of doing things because the Ravens won the SB.
austinfrench76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:35 AM   #3
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,395 Times in 10,305 Posts
My Mood: Dead

I was thinking of either AP or Megatron for Pittsburgh's R2 pick... but, which one???

Megatron... AP... Megatron... AP...

Decisions, decisions.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (02-06-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 04:43 AM   #4
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Another great thread 5895. Could you please do a follow-up thread explaining how the Steelers could absorb Fitzgerald's 8 year 128 million dollar contract? Do we cut the entire offense or the entire defense? Thanks in advance.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:16 AM   #5
Steelers5895
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Another great thread 5895. Could you please do a follow-up thread explaining how the Steelers could absorb Fitzgerald's 8 year 128 million dollar contract? Do we cut the entire offense or the entire defense? Thanks in advance.
i didnt realize these threads were so so serious. i guess this is the resposne from 25 year old steeler bandwagon riders. jumped on in 1995 and are the authority.

but here you go jackass:

1- he has ties to the pittsburgh area
2- some players, as he said numerous times, want that championship and he may consider a restructor or evena NEW contract to be on a proven winner
3- with no QB, personally he cant achieve the success he wants

The reason jackass i said him is he is not one of these primadona wide outs who are all about the money and given the opportunity to go to a team like the Steelers, he may rework his contact.

of course, jackass, you didnt read the part where i said salaries aside.

still waiting for one post from you that has some value. you sit and mock anyone who doesnt have an opinion you agree with like you are the authority on steelers football. meanwhile you probably dont even know who Rick Woods was which I am sure you can find out by looking online.

oh, and go F yourself
Old 02-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #6
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,902 Times in 2,314 Posts
My Mood: Fine

come on Steelers fans - ease up on each other

we all obviously want a WR who is more interested in winning and fighting for the ball than someone who is flash with no substance

we couldn't afford Fitz because even if he restructured he'd still want more than Roethlisberger is getting. We can't have 2 100 million men on 1 team. or 1 100 million man and 2 Woodley sized contracts - just can't happen.

We need Brown to up his game, we need someone from draft or FA that can perform at a Boldin-like level - we also need a true franchise RB

We have a tall order ladies and gents but lets remember we're in the same boat as fans

I'VE GOT SOME YOUTHFUL ADJUSTMENTS FOR 'DAT AZZ
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
wwhickok (02-06-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 10:58 AM   #7
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316

I think that a WR is a must. As it was said in other threads, we can't rely on Antonio Brown and Heath Miller to be the big pass catchers in 2013. I am not sure what will happen with Mike Wallace. Will he stay or will he go? I don't believe the Steelers can bring back Burress and expect him to play at a level that would provide necessary contribution.

What do you guys think about FA WRs? And the Steelers current situation?
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #8
Steelers5895
Starter

I think we need to explore a trade. we really cant sign anyone big and we dont have the window with Ben to develop a guy for 2-3 years down the road.

If we look at some teams that are converting to the 3-4, like the Saints, can they use a Woodley, harrison or Hood? They have a ton of WRs to trade. How good would Lance Moore be? guy is similar to a hines ward minus blocking.

How about Philly? jason avant? sure hands, good size, good speed.

How about Oakand? Heyward Bey? Jacoby Ford? They have a ton of Wrs and a ton of needs. Al Davis insnt there anymore so a trade could happen.

Again, Arizona has 4 solid wrs. that too factored into my Fitz thought

How about Tennessee and getting Nate Washington back?

In free agency only Buress makes sense. unless you want to take a flyer on a Mike- Sims Walker who has been out of football for a year.

Trade may be the only way to get a close to or impact WR right away.
sluggermatt15 (02-06-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #9
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers5895 View Post
I think we need to explore a trade. we really cant sign anyone big and we dont have the window with Ben to develop a guy for 2-3 years down the road.

If we look at some teams that are converting to the 3-4, like the Saints, can they use a Woodley, harrison or Hood? They have a ton of WRs to trade. How good would Lance Moore be? guy is similar to a hines ward minus blocking.

How about Philly? jason avant? sure hands, good size, good speed.

How about Oakand? Heyward Bey? Jacoby Ford? They have a ton of Wrs and a ton of needs. Al Davis insnt there anymore so a trade could happen.

Again, Arizona has 4 solid wrs. that too factored into my Fitz thought

How about Tennessee and getting Nate Washington back?

In free agency only Buress makes sense. unless you want to take a flyer on a Mike- Sims Walker who has been out of football for a year.

Trade may be the only way to get a close to or impact WR right away.
Like your analysis. Those are some pretty viable options. I guess the question is, what would the Steelers be willing to give up to get one or more of these players? I believe they have their full compliment of draft choices this year, which is a big plus.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #10
Steelers5895
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
Like your analysis. Those are some pretty viable options. I guess the question is, what would the Steelers be willing to give up to get one or more of these players? I believe they have their full compliment of draft choices this year, which is a big plus.
i am going to play GM.

If contracts work, I would give a 4th for Lance Moore.

If we are looking for a better WR, a bigger brand name from a team i would look to trade down in the draft to try and get an extra rd 2 and 4.

If we can get those picks we can look to get a bigger name WR if one is available. steelers wont overpay with draft picks so i can see trading a 2 and 4.

Plus we still have a late rd 1 or an early rd 2 to get Elam at safety.

We need a proven WR to repalce wallace and the FA pool is thin and expensive for those who are good. Trade may be the only option.