Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-17-2013, 03:44 PM   #81
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040
Default Re: Pittsburgh fire sale: The Steelers could lose every one of their FAs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
in defense of the FO, they never really expected 2nd round picks ricardo colclough and bryant mcfadden to be complete busts, and we did lose william gay in free agency. its not like they purposefully neglected the position.
Yes, that's true. I wonder whether it's been a run of bad luck picks, or bad skill at picking. Whatever it is, it's been a bad run.l.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I agree: the O-line was ignored for far too long... which is why I love the past few drafts.

Pouncey in R1 in 2010
Gilbert in R2 in 2011
DD & Adams in R1 & R2 in 2012

Now... why was the O-line ignored until 2010? They seemed to like The Colon... and when not playing like an ass, Kemo was a great blocker. Lastly, Starks has been solid for a long while. Now, the other spots on the O-line have been horrid... which makes me wonder how Urbik was let go.

Regardless, I'm happy now.
Yes, I'm very pleased with the potential of Adams/DD, and Pouncey of course. Beechum coud be a find. Looking forward to seeing those guys healthy and kicking butt! But I'm concerned that Gilbert might be a swing and a miss given his big step backward last year.

As for the others - nice to see that Starks finally started takiing things seriously the past two years, once he was almost out of the NFL. Too little, too late - it would have been nice to see that effort during his seven slothful years here. As for Colon - well, now we know that his natural position isn't OT or OG; since we have a center, he can go draw penalties somewhere else when healthy. As for Chemo, I never say anything there. I like Legursky's effort and flexibility. Foster is another low effort player, but he's OK for depth - but only if very cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
Sounds like Foote. At least Spence can cover. Spence is only inferior to Foote in terms of experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaDave View Post
RE: Weight

Spence is heavier than Farrior.......... Being honest, I really didn't see enough of him to see if he had glaring deficiencies tackling. I'll defer to your observation.
I sure hope that Spence will be a big contributor, cause we need young LBs to step up. But that was a big injury ...

The black and gold ostrich of rebuilding denial.
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #82
Steel95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20292
Default Re: Pittsburgh fire sale: The Steelers could lose every one of their FAs

Everybody needs to relax, the Organization has dealt with change in the past, will have to deal with change in the future as well. Have faith in the F/O, they've been doing this for years. And lets remember, this is the same organization that made it to three SuperBowls recently, winning two of them. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the following players had to take a pay cut to play in 2013:

1. Troy P.
2. James Harrison

I think the following players will either have to take a pay cut or restructure their contracts:

1. James Harrison
2. Troy P.
3. Ike Taylor

Don't count on the Steelers taking the kid out of West Virginia, they will attempt to go with a larger WR in the mold of Boldin and Fitzgerald. The Steelers will be fine.
Steel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steel95 For This Useful Post:
VaDave (02-17-2013)
Old 02-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #83
VaDave
Team President

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,669 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel95 View Post
Everybody needs to relax, the Organization has dealt with change in the past, will have to deal with change in the future as well. Have faith in the F/O, they've been doing this for years. And lets remember, this is the same organization that made it to three SuperBowls recently, winning two of them. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the following players had to take a pay cut to play in 2013:

1. Troy P.
2. James Harrison

I think the following players will either have to take a pay cut or restructure their contracts:

1. James Harrison
2. Troy P.
3. Ike Taylor

Don't count on the Steelers taking the kid out of West Virginia, they will attempt to go with a larger WR in the mold of Boldin and Fitzgerald. The Steelers will be fine.
Amen on the relax part. I've never seen so much of Steeler Nation spaz out of a .500 season before. I have faith, but I'm not expecting it all to be resolved in one year.
VaDave is online now   Reply With Quote